style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3421 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Got a budget loan last year and they didn't include time on assessment rate ESA towards the qualifying period. They only included time in either of the groups. Not sure if this year is any different.

If you need money for a cooker, then you would only have to tick the household goods box. You don't need to be more specific than that.

Sounds like someone made mistake - time on the assessment rate does count towards the qualifying period.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like someone made mistake - time on the assessment rate does count towards the qualifying period.

apologies for that Antone. When I queried it at the time, the other person I spoke to also confirmed the info.

seems I regularly get myself the ones having a bad day, or not in the know. Thank you for correcting that for me. I shall hold on to that info for future reference should I ever need another loan. Thank you.

apologies for that Antone. When I queried it at the time, the other person I spoke to also confirmed the info.

seems I regularly get myself the ones having a bad day, or not in the know. Thank you for correcting that for me. I shall hold on to that info for future reference should I ever need another loan. Thank you.

NP. Sometimes duff information ends up getting passed, "chinese whispers" style, from one DWP staff member to another. It sounds like something like that may have happened when you applied. Unfortunate, to say the least.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I believe their contract has been terminated six months before it was due to expire and that they have to pay back a substantial sum to the government for failing to deliver on their contract.

Its small consolation for the pain, suffering, even deaths caused by their incompetence and heartlessness but at least they are not walking away completely unpunished.

I can't see anything you have said so far causing offence. I reckon the condition they left you and yours in gives you the right to be as critical as common decency would allow and then you would be under-estimating their criminal negligence.

Thank you, it wasn't my intent to make light of ATOS and peoples experiences. Having been in the assessment period for 6 months and have now been told my case has only just been transferred to ATOS themselves and being told the Drs at ATOS don't work to a time scale, I'm feeling a little bitter, to say the least,

Sorry if I caused offence. Being Aautistic, I dont always see the consequences of what Im saying. Apologise xx

I didn't see anything you said as offensive. Admittedly, I don't know what Instagram has to do with any of this, but complaining about Atos is pretty much normal around this forum.

I didn't see anything you said as offensive. Admittedly, I don't know what Instagram has to do with any of this, but complaining about Atos is pretty much normal around this forum.

The reference to Instagram was about Instagram itself. When you reach a million followers on Instagram, you become Instagram famous. ATOS having 712,000 claimants that haven't yet been dealt with, is rather close to 1 million. It was a comparison. Sorry for any confusion.

:)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

The reference to Instagram was about Instagram itself. When you reach a million followers on Instagram, you become Instagram famous. ATOS having 712,000 claimants that haven't yet been dealt with, is rather close to 1 million. It was a comparison. Sorry for any confusion.

Right, I see what you mean. Makes sense.

• 1 month later...
No it did not sound self pitying to me - just the truth!

Someone on here, it may have been you, suggested contacting my MP....I braved up the courage and sent an email. I got a letter back, on real proper paper, signed I think lol....He said and I quote " Thank you for your emails. I was sorry to learn that it is taking so long to sort out your ESA - I can appreciate it must be very difficult to cope with so many medical conditions and that the DWP's slowness has been very frustrating for you. I thought it was going to end there. But he carried on..."This is just to let you know that i have taken your case up wit hthe Manager of Jobcentre Plus in Kent, asking when you might expect to start receiving what you are entitled to and I will let you know as soon as I receive a response"

My advice to all, when in doubt or frustration, contact your MP!!!

I had attached this to a much earlier post but thought it might be better seen here, as a new thread, if that's OK with all and I haven't broken any rules???

Someone on here, suggested contacting my MP....I braved up the courage and sent an email.

I got a letter back, on real proper paper, signed I think lol....He said and I quote

" Thank you for your emails. I was sorry to learn that it is taking so long to sort out your ESA - I can appreciate it must be very difficult to cope with so many medical conditions and that the DWP's slowness has been very frustrating for you.

(I thought it was going to end there, but he carried on)

..."This is just to let you know that i have taken your case up with the Manager of Job centre Plus in Kent, asking when you might expect to start receiving what you are entitled to and I will let you know as soon as I receive a response"

My advice to all, when in doubt or frustration, contact your MP!!!

My only query, is, when he was referring to Job centre plus in Kent, was he reffering to my local office?

Someone on here did suggest contacting my MP, whoever it was, thank you, thank you, thank you xxx

Good to hear. The JCP office in Kent he was referring to was probably the Benefit Centre that processes (or, in this case, fails to process) your claim. I can't be sure which one, though I have a hazy idea that there might be one in Canterbury. It won't be the only one in Kent, though.

Hello there.

I'm very pleased that you have a helpful MP, they aren't all. And I hope you get a result from this - I hope you'll update us? :)

HB

Deffo, next letter i get or payment even, or is that miracle too much to hope for? lol.....will keep you all informed :D

Thank goodness at least Housing Benefit are human, I've been awarded 3 times Discretionary Housing Payment, just been told they'll pay my bedroom tax till 28th September whilst ESA is being sorted. Its a big help. Can't wait to not use my DLA to pay the bills, cos I'm not getting the right ESA. Soooo many people in the same situation and to think, they're gonna change everything to PIP and then it'll be all change with Universal Credit. I'm luckier than most to have my DLA to fall back onto, but then I cant use it for what its intended. Anyone know, WHY they didn't just change from the old system to Universal Credit? Wouldnt it have made more esense to have one change rather than 2???

A couple of pages before I wrote that my partner claimed ESA in October 2013. We finally received a letter for a face-to-face appointment End of June. He had his on Friday and everything went fine. The doctor said we'll receive a letter in the next 6 weeks about the claim.

So we waited 36 weeks for the appointment + an extra 6 weeks for the process.

Its disgusting the amount of time you had to wait for an appointment. Glad to hear it all went fine and I do hope you dont have to wait so long for the result. Fingers crossed aye :-)

Its disgusting the amount of time you had to wait for an appointment. Glad to hear it all went fine and I do hope you dont have to wait so long for the result. Fingers crossed aye :-)

I absolutely agree. if ATOS had their wages deducted, or the GPs that are used for the assessments, had a reduction in pay, then I'm sure things would hurry along a lot quicker. It gives me hope then, if you were seen within 36 weeks. I feel like a novice on my 31 weeks wait. Although whist I complain about the long wait, when it does finally arrive, the appointment letter, I know I'll be terrified and wish I was back at week 1 :D

Can you ask for a cancelled assessment?

Do you mean to get an earlier appointment? Within the waiting time it's impossible because you have no chance to speak to the right person, as soon as you receive an appointment letter, you're able to call a number to rearrange it. Maybe it's possible to get an earlier one, but we didn't try it because the appointment was after two weeks.

• 1 month later...

Just a quick update:

My Partner had his medical assessment 11 weeks ago, we didn't have any letter since so we called the ESA yesterday and asked for a callback. The lady informed us that the doctor gave him 6 points, but the decision maker checked the medical evidence, letters etc we send in and gave him 15 points. He will be in the work related group :)

I think it's really important to call them some weeks after the assessment if you don't receive any letters.

So our total waiting time was 47 weeks and I really hope other claims will be process quicker! Maybe it takes 1-2weeks to sort the claim out, but we're so relieved!