style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3447 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ESA received my partners claim in October 2014, so we're waiting 33 weeks in total now

Presumably October 2013, right?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ESA received my partners claim in October 2014, so we're waiting 33 weeks in total now

33 weeks??? Ohhhhh kill me now lol...I really dont understand, As far as I can tell from what Ive read about ESA, theres a financial difference between ESA work Focus and ESA Support, ie Support you receive more. So why not after the 13 weeks, put everyone up to the work focus level of money and then when they've worked out which group they should be in, either stay at the ESA Work Focus level, or have back pay of the difference between Work Focus and Support Focus, for how many weeks you've waited. Or is it because they may not be eligible at all? WHo knows how the great DWP works, or not as the case may be lol

Even Kafka would have difficulty in understanding the workings of the DWP!

The financial difference between WRAG and SUPPORT groups is not substansial, however being in the latter group is indeed far preferable.

Presumably October 2013, right?

Oh sorry, I mean October 2013. We live in North Wales, maybe it's quicker in England?

We called ESA in January 2014 and they said there's a backlog for 4 months and last week a lady said "if you're lucky, you'll receive a letter within 1-2 months"

I appreciate an enforced DWP savings scheme may not seem ideal. However, if you can survive on what you have coming in, there will at least be a nice glow at the end of the tunnel. I know from personal experience how hard it can be. But, as they say, every cloud has a silver lining. If it hadn't been for the considerable back payment I'd never have been able to afford to replace my derelict cooker and antique washing machine. Which, in turn, reduced my electricity bill by about 40%.

there will at least be a nice glow at the end of the tunnel. I know from personal experience how hard it can be. But, as they say, every cloud has a silver lining.

Yes this is what I'm telling my partner to hold on. But sometimes I fear that they decline (for whatever reason) and we have to appeal again..and wait again. We're waiting for the PIP the exact same time. You just have to be patient and hope for the best :)

Yes this is what I'm telling my partner to hold on. But sometimes I fear that they decline (for whatever reason) and we have to appeal again..and wait again. We're waiting for the PIP the exact same time. You just have to be patient and hope for the best :)

I admit the lump sum will help, but its a viscous circle. I'm supplementing everything with my DLA, which mean I can't go out as much as I need to as I can't use my DLA for what it's meant for, ie taking taxi's to appointments and paying towards treatment (counselling), or visiting friends and I end up staying in which means my disabilities especially Agoraphobia isn't being addressed. Sometimes I can't even afford to go to my counselling sessions at all.

I've just received a letter today, confirming by my council that I've been registered disabled. Should I forward that to ESA, or will that not make a difference to my claim? Shoulkd I also forward it to DLA, who are re-assessing my DLA?

Edited by THNX4THT

I admit the lump sum will help, but its a viscous circle. I'm supplementing everything with my DLA, which mean I can't go out as much as I need to as I can't use my DLA for what it's meant for, ie taking taxi's to appointments and paying towards treatment (counselling), or visiting friends and I end up staying in which means my disabilities especially Agoraphobia isn't being addressed. Sometimes I can't even afford to go to my counselling sessions at all.

I've just received a letter today, confirming by my council that I've been registered disabled. Should I forward that to ESA, or will that not make a difference to my claim? Shoulkd I also forward it to DLA, who are re-assessing my DLA?

I had to cancel an appointment today as I just cannot afford the money to get there.

I hardly go out because of illness, but when essentials have to be cancelled its bad news.

Transport costs have risen way beyond any silly rise they gave us (£1.05) or something like that.

Sympathize about your counseling sessions, had to cut back on mine for the same reason.

I had to cancel an appointment today as I just cannot afford the money to get there.

I hardly go out because of illness, but when essentials have to be cancelled its bad news.

Transport costs have risen way beyond any silly rise they gave us (£1.05) or something like that.

Sympathize about your counseling sessions, had to cut back on mine for the same reason.

Thank you, I sympathize with your predicament. It's just all an infuriating mess that seems to have no ending. I realise that sounded a bit self pitying, considering what other people suffer, I at least still have a roof over my head with Gas and Electricity.....but it just gets you down.

Thank you, I sympathize with your predicament. It's just all an infuriating mess that seems to have no ending. I realise that sounded a bit self pitying, considering what other people suffer, I at least still have a roof over my head with Gas and Electricity.....but it just gets you down.

No it did not sound self pitying to me - just the truth!

• 2 weeks later...

IF you get ESA which ever group you fall into, and receive Child Tax Credit, will the Child Tax Credit be deducted from your ESA? My thinking behind this, is experience of Carers Allowance being deducted from Income Support, considered as earnings. Is Child Tax Credit considered as earnings and will it be deducted from my ESA IF I get it?

Thanks for the link, I tried to digest all the information but got rather confused. If I explained my situation, would you be able to tell me what I would get ESA wise, either work related or support? I know this is asking a lot, but my reading and comprehension is rather limited. I'm asking first, and not presuming you can do this. :)

Child Tax Credit is not taken into account when ESA is calculated - in other words, you can receive both at the same time.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Thanks for the link, I tried to digest all the information but got rather confused. If I explained my situation, would you be able to tell me what I would get ESA wise, either work related or support? I know this is asking a lot, but my reading and comprehension is rather limited. I'm asking first, and not presuming you can do this. :)

Sorry, tax credits is more my thing.

I just googled for that!

Sorry, tax credits is more my thing.

I just googled for that!

I can't say I blame you.....Special Needs and statements of educational needs are more my area, im not in the right room for that. But thanks for the info anyway, i'll try and make it out lol

As a general rule, money intended to support children is not taken into account when calculating ESA. So that would mean that Child Benefit, CTC and, where applicable, maintenance payments, are ignored.

I've just received a letter today from the Job Centre, saying Ive been reserved a place to attend "A Looking Forward Event" exclusively for recipients of ESA

Firstly, I haven't been seen by ATOS yet. I thought everyone had to be seen by them

Secondly, I'm absolutely terrified. It says "Many people we see at the Job Centre on ESA are hoping to be able to get back to work in the future" ....."People are receiving ESA because a medical professional has agreed that they are not currently fit for work. However, this does not prevent them from considering work in the future and improving their health and prospects of employment".

I have Autistim, Agoraphobia, anxiety (panic attacks) OCD, depression, a memory disorder, epilepsy, Non Epileptic Attack Disorder (when stressed the brain shuts down as a safety mechanism and I pass out), Chronic Pain Syndrome (feet and ankles).....

I have received this letter and I'm in tears and in sheer panic. They want me to meet with several (13) organisations to help me back into work. I am so confused, I don't know which ESA group I'm in yet and no sign of the ATOS assessment. Can anyone please help.

I'll attempt to attend the "event" with my carer, but I'm not sure I'll be able to leave the house......some one help please!!!

Can you scan up the letter (with personal info removed) and post it here. It could be an invite to a purely optional event, but it depends very much on how the letter is worded.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Can you scan up the letter (with personal info removed) and post it here. It could be an invite to a purely optional event, but it depends very much on how the letter is worded.

I would if I knew how lol I know how to scan it, just dont know how to get it on here

The PDF works for me. Nowhere does it say you have to attend; but I would check to be sure.

It does say at the top of the letter (please telephone ********* or email ****** if unable to attend. The *'s are just the bits where its got personal details in it.

Does this letter suggest to you, I'm still going to be attending an ATOS assessment? I'm really confused. I can cope with black and white, ie Yes or no, I don't understand in between, that's what's so great about Autism. I really struggle with "maybe"

It does say at the top of the letter (please telephone ********* or email ****** if unable to attend. The *'s are just the bits where its got personal details in it.

Does this letter suggest to you, I'm still going to be attending an ATOS assessment? I'm really confused. I can cope with black and white, ie Yes or no, I don't understand in between, that's what's so great about Autism. I really struggle with "maybe"

No, it definitely is not an Atos assessment. As noted, it doesn't actually say that attendance is mandatory, but I would check to be sure.

Oops, sorry - I think I misread your post. Regardless of whether or not this is a compulsory activity, you will still be assessed. In most, but not all, cases this involves a visit to Atos. Nothing about the letter you've just received changes that.