style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3448 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ive made a claim for ESA. Dis so begining of December 2013. I'm 22 weeks into claim (13 weeks of which is the assessment period ).....I've been told it'll take months to sort out my claim but not as long as a year :jaw: I'm still on the lower rate. Everyone I see on forum sites talk about getting their appeal dates, I haven't got that far.....How long is this gonna take, anyone got any ideas???:madgrin:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It all depends on the backlog at ATOS, getting your appointment will be quicker in some parts of the country than others. The good news is that if you achieve the magical 15 points at the assessment, you will be put into the WRAG or SUPPORT group and the money will be backdated from week 14. It is a pain having to wait so long.

It's impossible to say. I waited 22 weeks and know people who have waited longer.

Do you mean 22 weeks on top of the 13 weeks assessment period? Sorry to be picky, ts my Autistic way!!

It all depends on the backlog at ATOS, getting your appointment will be quicker in some parts of the country than others. The good news is that if you achieve the magical 15 points at the assessment, you will be put into the WRAG or SUPPORT group and the money will be backdated from week 14. It is a pain having to wait so long.

ESA say the back log is months, but that doesnt really mean much to me. What does WRAG stand for? I got the Work Related ....its the AG im fooled with

Thanks for getting back to me

WRAG is work related activity group

Your only option to try to speed things up is to involve your MP though some are more helpful than others and all they can really do is pester on your behalf.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

WRAG is work related activity group

Your only option to try to speed things up is to involve your MP though some are more helpful than others and all they can really do is pester on your behalf.

Its not a bad plan, Im having to supplement my esa with my DLA and cant use my DLA as its intended. I might just consider contacting my MP. I'm having to limit how much I can go out, (I'm Agoraphobic) and usually go out once per week with my carer. I'm terrified I'm going to be put into work focus, cos that would mean leaving the house every day and meeting and speaking to people I don't know. It's a terrible mess

If they do put you into the WRAG group and let's hope they don't, you can appeal to be put into the SUPPORT group. You have to fit certain descriptors to be put into the latter group. The WRAG group has certain requirements (ie Work Focussed Interviews etc) and you are liable to be sanctioned if you fail too adhere to them. A welfare rights worker would have more knowledge than I, especially regarding what descriptors are needed for being placed into the SUPPORT group.

Well its week 9 after the 13 weeks....still haven't got an appointment, which I'm going to be asking for a home visit....due to anxiety and autism and various other things which I wont bore you with :)

Back to the plot....It says on the letter you get from DWP that you have to wait 13 weeks before you get an assessment and I know there's a huge back log and so I'm in for a longe wait...but what I want to ask is this. The letter states you may not be asked to attend an assessment, they may have enough information to decide which group you fall in to...Is this something that's actually true? or is this just something they say? I mean, has anyone EVER not attended an ATOS assessment??? Please advise

Thanks

It is true, yes. I was put straight into the support group without an assessment, so keep your fingers crossed!

Well I live in hope. I have 9 diagnoses including Agroaphobia, Autism, Chronic pain Syndrome and epilepsy and i have a carer 5 hours pw, so fingers crossed....Do you think I might have a chance considering I have 5 other diagnoses????

Oh please ATOS, I couldn't bare an assessment

Assuming you fit certain descriptors for the Support Group, then there is a distinct possibility you will not be called in for an assessment. The bad news is, most people will be called for one and if successful, be put in the WRAG group like myself. You could request a home visit, or if you do have to go to the assessment, take someone along like a CPN or an advice worker. Good luck!

Well I live in hope. I have 9 diagnoses including Agroaphobia, Autism, Chronic pain Syndrome and epilepsy and i have a carer 5 hours pw, so fingers crossed....Do you think I might have a chance considering I have 5 other diagnoses????

Oh please ATOS, I couldn't bare an assessment

Miracles do happen, so pray for one.

Assuming you fit certain descriptors for the Support Group, then there is a distinct possibility you will not be called in for an assessment. The bad news is, most people will be called for one and if successful, be put in the WRAG group like myself. You could request a home visit, or if you do have to go to the assessment, take someone along like a CPN or an advice worker. Good luck!

Sorry to ask, but whats a CPN?

I was also put into support group with no WCA. Just medical evidence of copd and being sacked for too much time off due too illness (was on probationary period).

So don't lose all hope :) it does happen.

Community Psychiatric Nurse.

When you have MH problems they seem to see you being allocated a CPN or similar as proof you are really mentally ill (which is daft)!

Not sure why either, as they never seem to contact them for further evidence.

Your diagnoses don't matter.

I was put into the support group on the basis of my ESA50, doctor's report (one ATOS sent them) and medical evidence.

Many people who have not been put into the support group though have fought and won their case afterwards - there often seems to be no rhyme or reason with a lot of the decisions.

Hope you get what you want, but if not do not give up.

Many people who have not been put into the support group though have fought and won their case afterwards - there often seems to be no rhyme or reason with a lot of the decisions.

Hope you get what you want, but if not do not give up.

MY daughter and son went straight into support group without a need for appeal, I was more able then and attended the assessment with them. They're bot Autistic.I'm just so scared of being thought "fit for work"...most days I spend in doors unable to go out unless a friend or my carer takes me out and in most situations I get very worried about being out and need to return to the car, my bubble as I call it, my extension of my home...This system is really terrible, the stress they put people under is just unnecessary.

As said anything can happen.

I expect wording of ESA50 has an impact, evidence supplied alongside the ESA50, and if the area is overloaded. I think overloaded areas are less likely to call you in.

Atos has the mentality that if you going in for an assessment they probably expecting to find you fit for work or WRAG, but people can and do get in the SG after face to face assessments.

Sadly, it is very much a lottery on who you get as an assessor. I received 0 points from one assessor (successful appeal), the next one gave me 27 points for exactly the same condition, bloody stupid system we have!