• Tweets

• I have received a PCN from Euro Car Parks for MFG - Esso Cobham - Gravesend. I was completely unaware that there was any such limit for parking and always considered this to be a service station. I stopped there to use the toilet, have a coffee and made a couple of work calls. I have read the previous topics on this location which suggest I can ignore this and ECP will not take legal action. The one possible complication is that the vehicle is leased by my employer so I do not want to involve them with the associated reminders and threatening letters. The PCN was first issued to the leasing company Arval who have notified ECP of the hiring company. I have attached a copy of the PCN Notice to Hirer with details removed as per instructions. What options do I have or should I just pay the PCN promptly at the reduced rate of £60? img20240424_23142631.pdf
    • What you have uploaded is a letter with daft empty threats from third-party paper tigers.  Just ignore it. What we need to see is the original invoice you received last October or November.
    • Thanks for posting the CPR contents. i do wish you hadn't blanked out the dates and times since at times they can be relevant . Can you please repost including times and dates. They say that they sent a copy of  the original  PCN that they sent to the Hirer  along with your hire agreement documents. Did you receive them and if so can you please upload the original PCN without erasing dates and times. If they did include  all the paperwork they said, then that PCN is pretty near compliant except for their error with the discount time. In the Act it isn't actually specified but to offer a discount for 14 days from the OFFENCE is a joke. the offence occurred probably a couple of months prior to you receiving your Notice to Hirer.  Also the words in parentheses n the Act have been missed off. Section 14 [5][c] (c)warn the hirer that if, after the period of 21 days beginning with the day after that on which the notice to hirer is given, the amount of unpaid parking charges referred to in the notice to keeper under paragraph 8(2)(f) or 9(2)(f) (as the case may be) has not been paid in full, the creditor will (if any applicable requirements are met) have the right to recover from the hirer so much of that amount as remains unpaid; Though it states "if any applicable ...." as opposed to "if all applicable......" in Section 8 or 9. Maybe the Site could explain what the difference between the two terms mean if there is a difference. Also on your claim form they keeper referring to you as the driver or the keeper.  You are the Hirer and only the Hirer is responsible for the charge EVEN IF THEY WEREN'T THE DRIVER. So they cannot pursue the driver and nowhere in the Hirer section of the Act is the hirer ever named as the keeper so NPC are pursuing the wrong person.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Kensington - Eviction Notice

stegly66
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3158 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please could someone advise me if at this late stage there is still sufficient time to submit an N244 to try

and prevent a repossession that is scheduled for Monday 9th June at 10.15pm.

The earliest I could get to the court would be Monday morning which I'm assuming wouldn't give them sufficient time to schedule a hearing.

I've tried to negotiate with Kensington (they're enforcing a suspended possession order)

but they've told me that the affordability isn't the issue,

they just don't think I'll keep to any new arrangement.

Thanks

It isn't too late to get a hearing next week. If you can show the court that you can afford your payments and something off the arrears.

Read ell-enn's repossession guide at the top of this forum. You'll find a budget form there that you need to download and complete.

Edited by caro
The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hello there,

As Caro has mentioned it's not too late to stop the repossession if you can pay the mortgage plus a little towards the arrears. You'll need to be able to show the court that you can clear the arrears within a 'reasonable' period of time - this could be the rest of the mortgage term. You can read a little more about stopping action and correctly completing the n244 here.

Best wishes,

David @ National Debtline

twitter: @natdebtline

For Free, Confidential and Independent advice: 0808 808 4000

Monday - Friday 9am to 9pm // Saturday 9.30am to 1pm // 24-hour voicemail. Please leave a message to request an information pack. http://www.nationaldebtline.org // http://www.mymoneysteps.org

I'm preparing my N244 form and statement to take to the court tomorrow morning

and just wondered if anyone has any insight or opinion on one of Kensington's objections to making a new arrangement with me,

which is they cannot understand my bank statements and therefore cannot assess affordability.

My three children (all over 18) use my bank account on a regular basis as my eldest son lives in Cyprus

and he uses my account to pay for things in this country as it's easier,

my daughter doesn't have a debit card so uses my account to pay things

and all three of us transfer money amongst ourselves regularly.

I now this sounds strange but it works for us.

If my son in Cyprus is lending my daughter some money, which happens frequently,

he sends it to me and I give it to her as apparently he has had difficulty setting up new payees on his account as he's abroad.

My youngest son is for ever ringing up and asking me to put some money in his account as he's run out

and he'll give it me back when he gets home.

Money is therefore transferred between the three of us on a regular basis

and some payments that come out of my account are not mine.

As I say, this works fine for us and I have no problem with this but

Kensington have advised me that I should seriously consider stopping my children from using my account in this way

as it will lead to my home being repossessed.

I have said that it's none of their business but their response is to agree,

but then tell me I'll lose my house because of it.

Does anyone think the judge would agree with Kensington on this one?

How dare they!!! They have no right to see your bank statement. Not even the judge will expect that. You just do the budget sheet honestly so you are sure that you can afford payments and some off the arrears. The judge will decide and kenny's will have to accept it.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thanks Caro...I wasn't aware that they had no right to see my statements. To be honest, I wasn't too fussed about them having a look as I'd warned them that they wouldn't be able to make head nor tail out of 'em but their condescending attitude towards what I allow my children to do really wound me up.

I have now finished my statement to go with the N244 form. Would anyone be able to kindly have a look at it to see if it's ok or not? Any suggestions if it's not would be much appreciated. Not sure how to attach it though...any suggestions? :oops:

**you can post up images/letters by this method immediately..you don't need 10 posts**

set your default scan page size to A4 less than 300DPI [150 will do]

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets - as a picture[jpg] file

don't forget you can use a mobile phone or a digital camera too!!

'

BUT......

ENSURE: remove all pers info inc. barcodes etc

but leave all monetary figures and dates.

{DO NOT USE A BIRO OR PEN OR USE SEE THRU TAPE OR LABELS]

DO IT IN MSPAINT.EXE or any photo editing program

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites ...

http://freejpgtopdf.com/

http://www.convert-jpg-to-pdf.net/

if you have multiple scans/pics

put them in a word doc FIRST and convert that to PDF

or http://www.freepdfconvert.com/

or

use www.pdfmerge.com

convert existing PC files to PDF [office has an installable print to PDF option]

it would be better to upload a multipage pdf if

you have many images too rather than many single pdfs

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

try and logically name your file so people know what it is.

though DONT USE BANK NAMES or CAG in the title

i'e Default notice DD-mm-yyyy

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

YOU DONT have to put a link to the attachment in the msg box..just upload it ..job done

you can click on your links to check them too!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

time to start to fightback too

Hi

Just to let you know this bunch Kensington have been fined £1.225m by the financial regulator

for treating borrowers who were in arrears unfairly.

Claim those charges back plus the interest and tell them not to add any more to the account.

There are a few news stories here you can get the info for a letter to send to them.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8615870.stm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/p...y-the-FSA.html

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/library/commun...2010/065.shtml

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2010...mortgages-fine

http://www.moneymarketing.co.uk/news-and-analysis/mortgages/fca-orders-kensington-to-change-unfair-mortgage-terms/2005762.article

http://www.mortgageintroducer.com/mortgages/236498/5/Industry_in_depth/Thousands_of_homeowners_set_for_big_mortgage_refunds.htm

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I had a call from Kensington on Wednesday morning, a couple of minutes before I was due to set off for the court to hand in my N244,

asking me to go through my income & expenditure once more.

I reluctantly agreed but told them in no uncertain terms that I thought they were pulling my chain.

to cut a long story short,

I then got a call later in the afternoon to say that if I made an immediate payment of £100 to show good faith,

they would accept my offer of an additional monthly payment of £100 towards the arrears,

which was my offer right at the beginning, and cancel the eviction.

I made the payment and I have now received confirmation in writing that the eviction is indeed cancelled.

Although this is obviously a great relief,

I'm so bloody angry with Kensington 'cause it appears that they've just been playing games and been on a big power trip all this time.

I would say that they've gained absolutely nothing from all this, but then again I've no doubt I'll have some pretty hefty charges added

to my account just to add insult to injury.

I've actually paid a deposit for rented accommodation which I now won't get back as I was expecting to move out this weekend

but I hope this shows other people in this position that there is always a faint glimmer of hope to cling to & not to give up,

however late in the day it may be, especially

markez78uk

& olive.family..

.I sincerely hope it goes well for you.

never forget to reclaim those PENALTY/Arrears fees

dx

and they

• 1 year later...