JSA & National insurance stamp issue! Advice Needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3612 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Folks.

Been Claiming Jsa for some time now and don't receive any payments only my NI stamp.

Due to partners wage etc etc.

Now i was told this morning that i only get a class 3 stamp paid is this correct?? Class 1 it should be.!

Also as i was going to be sanctioned for lack of job surching The adviser stated that any more than a 2 week sanction would cancel my NI stamp claim for the year. So if i claimed from January to November and got sanctioned for the 1st 2 weeks in December. I would lose the NI stamp claim for the full year. Can someone explain what the legal ruling is on this.

The advisers have got so many things wrong regards my claim and information given to me in the past, that i now have to resort to CAB and forums for information to back anything up. Please does any one know Thank you

Hello. Thank you for that.

The second part of my question relates to .....The adviser stated that any more than a 2 week sanction would cancel my NI stamp claim for the year. So if i claimed from January to November and got sanctioned for the 1st 2 weeks in December. I would lose the NI stamp claimed for the full year. Is this true?? Thank you

Thank you. I love this site. Power to the people !:whoo: Just to confirm, from reading this item. Because i only get NI credits they carnt sanction me as i don't receive any form of benefits.?

Also if ..for any reason! they did stop a NI credit would i lose a years worth??

This is what i have been informed at the JSA center. ??

I did read something to that effect but cant find it now, how losing a years NI credit will affect you depends on your age, if you are young then there's no reason why when you get a job you cant pay extra and make up the NI contributions you have lost, or if you are older you may already have paid enough NI contributions to get a basic pension if you look at the link I posted go to the bit on the side where it says else where on gov.uk and click the new state pension page.

Scroll down to how much you will get and click on the 'qualifying years' link in blue and that will take you onto a page that gives more information.

These new rules only apply if you are getting your pension after 2016.

TBH the JC don't know much about NI and pensions, in April I signed off as my Husband got his pension and I wasn't entitled to income based JSA I was told I would have

to keep signing on for my NI contributions, this was rubbish as I already applied for a future pensions statement which told me that I had paid in 43 years NI and would get my pension.

That's something else you may find useful you can contact the pension people and get a future pension statement it takes a couple for days but it does tell you how many years you have already paid in

Ok so as i have it. They can not sanction me as i don't receive any benefits. Only a NI stamp credit. They cant sanction on the NI stamp because its a credit. However if i miss one weeks stamp i lose a full years Ni Credit worth? is this correct?? Thank you in advance

Edited by JOHNNYBOYJO

Also worth noting that if you're signing on just for NI credits you cannot be compelled to join the Work Programme and you cannot be sanctioned for failing to follow a Jobseeker's Direction.

Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.

Hi

Thank you. A class 3 stamp is £13.55 for 2013-14 and £13.90 2014-15. I am informed that even if i pay the missing week (if i do get any sanctions!) that i will lose the years claim. I did sejest that a payment for any sanctioned period would be made by myself so i don't lose the year. However i was told by the JCA adviser i would lose the years claim. This i think very much needs to be clarified.

I am looking ahead here as i have been messed about so much now with poor advice. i need to have my wits about me every time i see an adviser.

Any other advice is most welcome please thank you all for your advice.

My understanding is that losing more than two weeks of credited contributions would mean that the tax year could not be counted for contributory benefits, even if you pay Class 3 conts yourself at a later date.

However, this does not apply when working out Retirement Pension entitlement, where Class 3 conts are considered. After all, what would be the point in allowing voluntary payment of Class 3 conts if they didn't help in any way? However, it's a complex area and you might want to call HMRC's NI people to see what they say. Jobcentre advisers are not the best source of information regarding NI conts as it isn't really part of their training.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.