Problem with Very and BNPL + discount

DH84
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3620 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I'm having some problems with my very account.

I opened a very account on 19/05/14 and placed an order for a television on 12 month bnpl. I'm due for a bonus in December so I would have no issue paying it back.

Anyway:

19/05/14 TV ordered -10% discount for first credit order applied 12 months interest free. Delivery was set to 24th as I thought that was first day I was in.

20/05/14 Found out I was working from home on 21/05/14 contacted very to see if they could amend my order to standard next day delivery so I received the item sooner. They emailed back saying that they couldn't amend but could cancel and resubmit. I emailed back saying only if I could have the 10% discount reapplied. No response for a while so I called customer services who informed me they could resubmit order and submit a manual note to accounts team to have discount credited by next statement date. I agreed.

21/05/14 Took possession of TV.

27/05/14 Received statement from very. No discount code and no bnpl applied. Emailed Very today, received first email stating sent to special team. Just received a second very brief email stating 'unfortunately the offer is not available on the item orbetter and highlighting "sale items" as an exception to offer. No reference was made to the lack of bnpl. I sent a slightly short email back stating that if they actually looked at my account they would see that the TV had been valid for the 10% discount at date of purchase (as my cancelled order still shows) and that I still required bnpl.

I'm a bit concerned about what to do next. Maybe they'll get in touch later and all will be great but if not then I'm getting towards my last day of distance selling returns.

Does anyone have a suggestion? Am I likely to get anywhere with having the bnpl added to the order? I should have known better than to do anything over the phone.

Is there a potential route to complain? Particularly if I show my email stating I wouldn't want to resubmit my order if it meant missing out on discount?

Many thanks.