Parking Eye PCN- ** WON AT POPLA **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3513 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, can someone please help me.

Today, I received a PCN in the post for £100 (£60 if paid within 14 days).

The PCN states that I over stayed in my local supermarket car park.

The fine states the the car park is "private land" and the enforcement company is not a council

but a LTD company (not sure if I am allowed to name on here) but

where do I stand?

Should I pay it?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

OK

Please provide

Company Who issued the notice

Where

When ticket was issued

99% it will not be a PENALTY CHARGE NOTICE if you were on private land

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

OK

Please provide

Company Who issued the notice

Where

When ticket was issued

99% it will not be a PENALTY CHARGE NOTICE if you were on private land

Thank you for your reply.

Company: Parking eye car park managemant

where: Morrisons car park, London

Issued: 22/05/2014

Date of event: 16/05/2014

Received in post: 27/05/2014 (today)

how long did the signage say you canstay withour incurring a charge? Morrisons down south are normally ex-safeways and they used to have 3 hours free parking so most likely a planning order for that. If less time then that will be something to look into.

Other ways of defeating so read the parking eye threads to see what you should do.

Always respond as the keeper of the vehicle in case they get the procedures wrong.

You appeal to PE as registered keeper stating that you are not liable for this charge. No loss has occurred by the the driver spending money in Morrissons.

If you have a receipt, then enclose a copy.

I no longer have my receipt as this occurred nearly 2 weeks ago (will that be a problem), I only received the notice today.....

No problem.

You appeal to PE as registered keeper stating that you are not liable for this charge. No loss has occurred by the the driver spending money in Morrissons.

Please cancel this charge forthwith or issue a validation code for the independent appeals service POPLA.

I am under no obligation to name the driver of the vehicle.

• 2 weeks later...

I received 2 replies to my letter:

Letter one: 7 page letter entitled "pre-estimate of loss and commercial justification

Letter two: stating that I have 14 days to submit the details of the driver as I have declined to offer this information

What do I reply to this please?

tou dont, it is just waffle to try and persuade you that they have a case, which isnt true as they well know by the fact that they lose every appeal based upon schedule of loss or genuine pre-estimate of loss. You are lucky, they used to send out 43 page long documents.

As for naming the driver, the opportunity was already there but you declined. The reason they ask again is because they actually have a chance of pursuing the driver without resorting to following the BPA code or POPLA so they are trying to trick you into naming them.

Read this thread and associated link from labrat;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?426393-Parking-Eye-2nd-letter-reply-help(1-Viewing)-nbsp

PE have to give you a POPLA code before they can do anything else.

They stall on doing this because with the correctly worded appeal to POPLA, they are forced to cancel the parking charge notice.

Ok, so I just ignore this until I receive further correspondence, then come back here?

You can do as you have appealed with all you need to say.

Or you can follow post #20 if you wish to be proactive.

As said before, PE can take it no futher legally without issuing a validation code for POPLA...

I requested the POPLA code in the first instance but they have simply ignored this and sent a load of waffle. If I ignore it now, would this be suffice to win any case? as they have clearly ignored my request....

Refer back to post #20...