BankFodder BankFodder

Surfer01

Pensions payment issue

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2145 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Up to two weeks ago we used to receive one lump sum Pension credit for both us on a Wednesday. As we wife now receives State pension, I get PC on the Wednesday and she gets her State Pension on the Friday.

In three months time, I go onto state pension and we will still have two payments per week which seems daft. I thought IDS was out to streamline the process and not burden it down with extra work.

Not sure why we cannot get one lump sum State pension payment per week instead of two?

I think it is because you are two distinct entities and the entitlements could be different. Each is also entitled to data protection which would mean disclosing her pension to you and your pension to the misses if it was all lumped into one. There is different paydays according to your birthday. The winter fuel payment is split in half as well.

It sounds, (just like us), that you are not a mine and hers family but an 'ours'. I don't think they are interested in that, they are probably surprised there are any families left like us.

Just seems weird when they having been paying one lump sum to both of us into the same bank account and now two payments into the same bank account? In essence that gives them permission to disclose amounts being paid? Like everything else we will have to adjust to IDS and his money saving or should that be wasting rules. They wanted to pay us every 4 weeks as per the new rules however we objected and will be paid weekly as it is difficult to adjust from being paid weekly to being paid every four weeks. At least monthly would have been an option.

Conniff has it - SRP entitlement is based on each individual's NI contribution record and the computer systems that pay pensions aren't set up to combine two completely separate claims.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Just seems weird when they having been paying one lump sum to both of us into the same bank account and now two payments into the same bank account? In essence that gives them permission to disclose amounts being paid? Like everything else we will have to adjust to IDS and his money saving or should that be wasting rules. They wanted to pay us every 4 weeks as per the new rules however we objected and will be paid weekly as it is difficult to adjust from being paid weekly to being paid every four weeks. At least monthly would have been an option.

As a means tested benefit, Pension Credit is different - it's paid to couples and the total amount due is calculated based on household financial circumstances. SRP isn't really a "benefit" as such, given that it's based on payments you made into the system while working. It would be fairer to call it an "entitlement". Your SRP entitlement, unlike SPC, is not affected by your partner's circumstances.

Regarding payment frequency, for historical reasons, pretty much no benefits are paid calendar monthly. This will change with Universal Credit, but (luckily for you) that trainwreck will only affect people of working age.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Thanks Antone. If we are treated as individuals any idea why the pension is calculated taking into account my wife's private pension as this affects the amount I get? Always thought that pensions for married couples were treated as joint and not tow separate entities.

Thanks Antone. If we are treated as individuals any idea why the pension is calculated taking into account my wife's private pension as this affects the amount I get? Always thought that pensions for married couples were treated as joint and not tow separate entities.

I'm afraid I'm not very good with SRP issues - all my professional dealings were with working age benefits. SPC would be calculated based on household income, but I was not aware that SRP would be affected by a partner's private pension.