Just had a DWP compliance meeting

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3506 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thought i would post up my experience with the DWP this morning as a lot of threads on this subject never seem to finish with a solution.

Last week i received one of those compliance invite meetings which i had this morning. like most people you spend the week worrying about it as their invite is sort of in your face compliance.

It seems someone had taken a comment off my face book profile page and sent it to the DWP fraud hotline web page link. The allegation was that i was claming housing, council tax benefit, and ESA when fully fit

This was totally bogus and malicious. The advisor at the benefit office said even the fraud team took it as malicious but as a report had been made they had to go through the motions and investigate.

The result was no further action and that this happens all the time

This investigation officer was polite and courteous and totally different from my previous experience with a JSA advisor. She even said i need to apply for another benefit to top up my allowance.

All i am going to say is if you ever get one of these compliance letters, do not panic. Be honest and be yourself as they have seen it all before. She said if they suspected me of being naughty they would already have the information needed and that it would be a tapped interview.

• Haha 1

Hello there.

Thank you for posting your experience. As you know, we have lots of people posting to say how worried they are about a compliance interview and we try to reassure them that it should be routine, although we aren't mindreaders.

It's good to hear an outcome. HB

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

• 2 months later...

I have one next week - one off my Daughters who are spiteful and vindictive says I am living with my bf - ( the father of my baby) he lives and works 300 miles away and visits us. He does not contribute to any household bills and mortgage is in my name. He lives with his parents and has done for three years - everything is sent to him - including Inland Revenue, car tax, bike and car insurance.

his documentation is all at his parents address and his clothing, car, motorbike. He also pays a mortgage ( separated from wife) and has a council tax liability for his and wife address which he also pays. Will this be enough information for them and should I give his address.

Yes, you should give them his address and also don't be afraid to name the person you suspect of making a malicious report. They won't tell you who it is and indeed don't always know, but if what you say matches what they know or at least sounds plausible, then it will help your case.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

his documentation is all at his parents address and his clothing, car, motorbike. He also pays a mortgage ( separated from wife) and has a council tax liability for his and wife address which he also pays. Will this be enough information for them and should I give his address.

Yes, give his address. What you seem to be saying is that he makes no financial contribution to your household, has another address where he receives all his bills and general correspondence, all of his stuff is at that address, and he is not on your mortgage. I think it's pretty clear that he does not live with you. All he does is visit you sometimes.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.