style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3586 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I purchased a laptop from very catalogue using the credit facility given to me by the company. I received the laptop on Tuesday, I connected it all and setup the laptop, within 4 hours of using the laptop it turned of twice, I'm not sure what is wrong with the laptop but it seems there is an issue with the power, the laptop doesn't turn of the usual way it completely cuts out I have to manually restart the laptop.

The same day I contacted very via email letting them know about the problem and that I was not happy and requested a full refund, I'm not sure if I am entitled to this but I am completely put of the laptop.

For the last few days I have been emailing very who on several occasions have stated because the laptop has been connected it is non returnable and I have to contact the supplier directly to resolve the fault (HP). They have given me an 0845 number to ring which will cost me money.

Can someone give me some advice on what my rights are please and what I can do?

Soga.

For the 0845 number try http://www.saynoto0870.com/

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Invoke your rights under soga. Read up on them so you know exactly what to do and say if they try and wriggle out of their legal obligations. ( And they will).

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

oooh catalogue

Can you use distance selling regulations to help you here?

Also i would argue for a replacement or refund as opposed to a repair

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Hi junior

Welcome to CAG

The Distance Selling Regulations (2000) apply:-

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/general/oft698.pdf

Send them the following Template amended:-

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/distance-selling-regulations

Don't speak to them over the phone.

Hi all,

Thank you for your responses. I have finally recieved a response from very, it has been an awful experience with them, I used the SOGA template and they have agreed to collect then laptop but as per verys returns procedure the laptop will be checked and if no fault is found they will return the laptop to me and charge me for it.

During the 4 hours of using the laptop it turned of twice, I have not used the laptop since it turned of the second time. What if very test the laptop and they find no fault or just send it back to me without testing it and stating there is no fault (I am assuming they will do this to avoid any costs to them), what can I do?

This is the first time I have ever had to complain about an brand new item within a few hours of use, I'm not sure how to respond or deal with this.

Hi junior

I would do a Google search on the exact problem you are having, if you can find that it's an inherent problem that many users have encountered, then you can write to the company, whilst they have the laptop in their possession. Update the thread with your findings.

Hi all,

Thank you for your responses. I have finally recieved a response from very, it has been an awful experience with them, I used the SOGA template and they have agreed to collect then laptop but as per verys returns procedure the laptop will be checked and if no fault is found they will return the laptop to me and charge me for it.

During the 4 hours of using the laptop it turned of twice, I have not used the laptop since it turned of the second time. What if very test the laptop and they find no fault or just send it back to me without testing it and stating there is no fault (I am assuming they will do this to avoid any costs to them), what can I do?

This is the first time I have ever had to complain about an brand new item within a few hours of use, I'm not sure how to respond or deal with this.

Hi thank you for your response.

I have been researching on the Internet and I can't seem to find anyone experiencing a similar problem with the same laptop model as the one I have.

I have however found posts for other people who experienced the problem with other laptop models, there is one user who bought a brand new laptop and within two weeks of use the laptop turned of unexpectedly a few times.

I will be responding back to very to collect the laptop, but I am unsure on how to proceed, they will most likely check the laptop which is fine by me, but if they don't experience any shut downs they will return the laptop to me.

Should I include a letter when I return the laptop to highlight the problem other people have faced with other hp laptops or should I email this?

QUOTE=rebel11;4543675]Hi junior

I would do a Google search on the exact problem you are having, if you can find that it's an inherent problem that many users have encountered, then you can write to the company, whilst they have the laptop in their possession. Update the thread with your findings.

Hi junior

I would highlight problems other people have had with their laptops shutting down randomly. Explain that the problem is intermittent, so might not happen when they test it. If there are any exceptional circumstance like you've got exams coming up and need the laptop to be 100%, then say so. Explain that this is totally unsatisfactory when you've purchased a new laptop.

Don't email this (thread), reason being it would be counter productive.

Hi thank you for your response.

I have been researching on the Internet and I can't seem to find anyone experiencing a similar problem with the same laptop model as the one I have.

I have however found posts for other people who experienced the problem with other laptop models, there is one user who bought a brand new laptop and within two weeks of use the laptop turned of unexpectedly a few times.

I will be responding back to very to collect the laptop, but I am unsure on how to proceed, they will most likely check the laptop which is fine by me, but if they don't experience any shut downs they will return the laptop to me.

Should I include a letter when I return the laptop to highlight the problem other people have faced with other hp laptops or should I email this?

QUOTE=rebel11;4543675]Hi junior

I would include a letter with the laptop explaining the problem in detail, but include the info I posted in previous post. No harm in emailing the letter to them too.

Hi,

Thank you, I was going to include a letter in my own words with the laptop, or i could write a little note via email when replying to arrange the collection?

I would include a letter with the laptop explaining the problem in detail, but include the info I posted in previous post. No harm in emailing the letter to them too.

Do what my son did, as he also ordered a laptop from Very & after 24 hrs with it, he didn't like it as screen was too small & it would also turn itself off.

So I told him to wrap it back up & got him to return it back to Very via the Post Office (also get a receipt) & within 48 hrs the laptop was credited back to his account & has heard no more about it from Very!!

Very usually make you to jump through hoops when you try to return a laptop that's either faulty or you simply changed your mind. This can include getting you ring manufacturers on an 0845 number!!

So skip all that messing around & just get it to your local Post Office & return it.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single minute of it!!