lowells/Bwlegal claimform old cap1 card 'debt'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3534 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I received a claim form from BW legal on the 13.2.14 who where assigned the debt from capital on the 1.10.2009.

i filed a defence stating that i disputed this matter and believed that the matter was statue barred when they issued it.

The default from capital one came off my cra in january 2013, but i know that i had was in a payment plan with capital one for some months but cannot remember when my last payment to them was. I have not kept old old bank statements or letters in relation to this.

BW have now stated that unless they hear from me with an offer to settle the case then they will write to the court requesting that my defence be struck out based on their notice of assingnment letter which was dated the 1.10.2009.

However they have not to date provided a copy of the default notice.

the matter is listed for a hearing at my local court on 11september because i entered a defence.

My question is how to get details of the default notice and more importantly when my last payments where to them to ascertain wether at the date of issue the matter was statue barred or not.

having gone through the forum do i need to make a CCA request and details of payments that where made without prejudicing my position ?

thanks

Have you not sent BW Legal a CPR 31.14 letter asking them to disclose the documents they are relying on for their claim e.g Consumer Credit Agreement, Default notice ?

http://www.consumerwiki.co.uk/index.php/DCA:_Using_CPR_31.14_to_Your_Advantage

If not, now is the time to get the letter off by recorded delivery to BW Legal.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

They cannot base a strike out on the date of their Assignment of the account ? Statute barred works from the date of the cause of action..

You can actually telephone Capone and ask them when the last payment to the account was made. Then add on say a couple of months and start the SB clock from there.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I have drafted a CPR31.14 request for you below... send it to the solicitor named on the claim form and by Recorded/Special Delivery. This is a request for information only - you cannot ask for copies of documents. Let us know what their response is.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]51096[/ATTACH]

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

CPR & CCA requests a must

don't sign the letters.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

also with request to last payment on account - can that request not be made from bwlegal when i make my cca and cpr 31 letter ?

CPR requests..

CPR 31.14 - this is a request for copies of documents mentioned on their Particulars of Claim .. only

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387484-LEGAL-CPR-31.14-Request-Request-for-information-when-a-Claim-has-been-issued.

CPR Part 18 (the draft I gave you earlier) is for INFORMATION only

CCA request is a specific request for a copy of the agreement - this is to be sent to the claimaint.. eg Capital One.

You can send the 2 CPR requests to the solicitor in the same envelope.

You MUST send the CCA request separately to Capital one and enclose the statutory legal fee of £1.00

BCOBS

I would suspect that lowells are BW legals client not Cap1?

so the CCA goes to lowells.

if you can ring cap1 by all means and ask last payment date

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and they

• 3 weeks later...

the claimant

dx

and they

lowells

dx

and they

lowells

dx

the claim was issued in the name of lowell portfolio 1 ltd

does that matter as its different to what u said

edited

never mind i sent it to lowell portfolio 1 ltd as per the claim form if they make

lets see what they say

- they sent me a letter stating that based on the assignment that they had been given from crapital one

they where going to make an application to have my defence struck out if i did not make an offer of settlement.

Edited by KILLBILLAGAIN

If you had completed the above as asked we would have been able to advise what and where to send requests...as it stands we dont even know the particulars of claim.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 weeks later...

Hi my reply to your above request in relation to claim details etc seems to have dissapered from this thread

also i have not recieved a response from the claimaint or their solitiors in relation to the cpr request within the time frame that they are suppose to reply in.

what happens in this request.

In order for us to help you we require the following information:-

Name of the Claimant ? lowell portfolio 1 ltd

Date of issue – top right hand corner of the claim form – this in order to establish the time line you need to adhere to. - 13.2.14

Date of issue XX + 19 days ( 5 day for service + 14 days to acknowledge) = XX + 14 days to submit defence = XX (33 days in total)

What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim? Please type out their particulars of claim (verbatim) less any identifiable data and round the amounts up/down. the claim for sum of £1712.13 in relation to a credit card with capital one which was assinged to the claimant on the 1.10.2009. claim also includes stat int at 8% from the date of the assingment being an amount of 399.00

What is the value of the claim? £1557.14 = £75 court fee and £80 sol court

Has the claimant included section 69 (8%)within the total claim or is it shown separate within the Particulars but not added to the debt? within

Is the claim for a current or credit/loan account or mobile phone account? credit card

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after 2007? i believe that it was before 2007

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. - assigned and debt purchaser issued the claim via their solicitors

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? - cant remeber

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? no

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ? no

Why did you cease payments:- had finanical troubles and then went into a ap with capital one but then problems got worst so ceased making payments - cant rember when last paymnet was to them

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? no

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a dm plan?yes with capital one but then becuase of financial problems ceased it.

any further question can you let me know

thanks for your help.

Twice in May you were advised to call Cap1 to find out date of last payment which is critical for determining S B status yet today you say you still don't know it ? They would also be able to tell you what date you entered into the credit agreement.

Twice in May you were advised to call Cap1 to find out date of last payment which is critical for determining S B status yet today you say you still don't know it ? They would also be able to tell you what date you entered into the credit agreement.

well thats the reason for sending them the CCA request and CPR.

I see no reason to get into a protracted telephone conversation with them when they should be able to comply with my written request with the times frames that they are supposed to respiond within

a cca request will not tell you the last payment

and a CPR prob not either.

only an SAR to the OC

or

by ringing them [the OC]

dx

and they

Protracted phone call ?

SAR request could take weeks, phone call just couple of minutes.

Solicitor is under no obligation to meet CPR request. They're routinely ignored.

Don't expect B W to be helpful.

All they want is to get money out of you.

We are trying to give you correct advice to minimise chances of judgment against you but you don't appear to want to follow it.

Hi my reply to your above request in relation to claim details etc seems to have dissapered from this thread

You didnt make any posts after mine until yeterday...last post 9/6 23.51pm

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread