style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2553 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I dont know if i am posting this in the right forum.

I received a text from CRS to say i had an outstanding debt. I went online and spoke to an advisor about what this was and was told it was 1st quote insurance and that it was a balance of £93.75 relating to a policy ending in April 2010. I have no recollection of this and so the lady checked it out and then said the account was actually aquaforce. I asked who they were and she said they supply bathrooms, the house i lived in at the time belonged to a housing association and i never had bathroom repairs, i informed her of same and so she is looking into this further!!!!

1st quote rings a bell somewhere but without further detail what do i do??? why has it taken them so long to contact me!

You certainly don't speak to them. It is up to them to write to you with details of the debt and to prove that you owe it.

These people could have been attempting to gain money by deception. They send out text messages claiming to be representing x company and wait for people to phone them, some no doubt silly enough to pay them. If this was a proper debt collection company, they would have been working on an account, so they would know who you owed money to. There would be no confusion about it being either insurance or related to bathroom installation/repairs.

Stay off the phone and don't respond to any further text messages.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thank you

it will be interesting to see if they do email me with further information!

It was an online chat facility I was using and they had details of my previous post code (moved house twice since the date of the 'debt') but I guess these could have come from anywhere!

the site was paycrs.co.uk