O2 New Agreements Falling Under The Consumer Credit Act

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3625 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I think this is important so can the admins please sticky this...

Good Morning All

I have some important information you will need to know concerning O2 and their new plans for Pay Monthly including a handset.

As most of you know we tireless go on saying how a Mobile Phone contract is a "Utilities Agreement" and how it doesn't fall in with the remit of the Consumer Credit Act.

O2 however have managed to wing it so that the Agreement does fall under the Consumer Credit Act or rather Part of it does and you'll now be required to sign 2 agreements upon going with them for their new Tariffs.

One is the agreement which is for your Airtime. The other is a Consumer Credit Agreement for the Phone.

Please remember this if you default as you may end up having 2 entries on your credit file from what O2 have advised me. Also when dealing with DCAs, make sure you have it CLEAR that if the account is transferred to them, not to fob you off saying it isn't regulated by the Consumer Credit Act because in this case... IT NOW IS!!! (If the balance is made up of the Phone etc) ( I have also heard cases of O2 lumping the debts together, this is unlawful and shouldnt be done...)

Edited by ims21

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis