Go Debt old private & commercial finance 'debt' car finance Claim Issued

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3257 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the input everyone.

We had to get everything sent off to the courts and go debts solicitors, so that's all be submitted. We received a folder this morning from Briggs solicitors with a of paperwork in there that gives a "trial bundle". They have submitted this on the 8th May and our court date is 19th may, didn't realis they could do this so late in the game?

Anyone know what this is, or if we need to do anything? All getting nervous as we approach the day, both a little unsure on what we need to do, the process, what to expect etc!

pdf please

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Did the court request a trial bundle within its directions ? unusual for small claims track ...

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 weeks later...

on what basis? did he accept that your partner signed the vs form

if so how was it decided that this was received?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

on what basis? did he accept that your partner signed the vs form

if so how was it decided that this was received?

Voluntary surrender doesn't have to be signed,

the comment on the narrative that she made "just take it it'll save me money anyway" or words to that effect.

The solicitor was really aggressive and was telling the judge the law, advising about cases in 1968, 1974, 1983 etc etc.

Judge said that she can't go against it and as the FOS had ruled in their favour she can't see any other way other than to rule in their favour.

Solicitor wanted 8% adding, judge told him to **** off and added 0.5% at a total of £16.

We needed a solicitor really to fight our case but we couldn't afford it and anywhere we did turn we were told that they don't do that kind of case. It was £500 to even have a proper solicitor even look at it.

Came across that because we didn't know the law inside and out we don't get it

I would hardly call the basis of that phone call "unqualified and informed consent" ( chartered trust v pitcher)

great shame

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

Voluntary surrender doesn't have to be signed,

the comment on the narrative that she made "just take it it'll save me money anyway" or words to that effect..

no, but in this case they were reliant on that signed form, no way is a phone call with a throw away line

sufficient to repo protected goods

Apparently it is? She ruled in their favour mainly based on that and the FOS ruling. Their solicitor harried her, seemed to know more than her and basically told her the way it needed to go

yes thats what often happens in my experience, judges easily get misled/ bullied by solicitors, great shame

so wrong that ordinary people are denied access to legal services due to the costs

That's the overwhelming feeling we have. He was talking to go debt loudly making sure we could hear them, saying he doesn't do family law as he couldn't take someone's kids away, but he can take someone's house because that's all part of the game and it's water off a ducks back.

Total tit to be honest. But he wins and he won today because we couldn't afford to get a solicitor ourselves, we have an overwhelming feeling that had we had access to a few grand, we'd have won today without an issue. In hindsight, had we known this type of thing happens regularly, we should've offered to make some payments.

dont feel too bad, you gave it your best shot, should have gone the other way

just sorry you didnt get the result you deserved