Speculative invoice from Excel **Won at POPLA**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3546 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have received a speculative invoice from Excel. It claims I was identified via ANPR, however on this occasion I was not parked, but waiting somewhere other than a marked bay, with my engine on. I noticed in one of the stickies that I should respond to this as per the guildelines in this forum but didn't see anything clear in any of the stickies.

I gather I am meant to go through their appeals process, expect to be denied, get a POPLA reference then contest it, but on what grounds should I be appealing? I wasn't parked, I was waiting, obviously the amount is not representation of the damages, but is there anything else I am meant to do before firing off the appeal letter to Excel? Or am I meant to be doing something else? I'm new to this so it's pretty confusing.

The adverts that this forum puts around my username and message are not endorsed by me.

Write to them as the keeper of the vehicle and tell them to supply "strict proof" that the vehicle was parked and say that the ANPR images are no proof of parking at all. If they cannot supply the proper evidence ofthe parking that supposedly creates a contract then they should desist from contacting you again over this matter.

They will probably send a reply saying your appeal has been denied as you were captured by their cameras and therefore you were parked so there la la la. If you do get this letter then it should contain a code for appealing to POPLA

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, so I'm at that stage - they sent the appeal denied letter and I am going to POPLA. What points should I be raising here? There is no evidence of this vehicle being parked, just the images of it passing one way through the exit (which is one of two exits, so it is commonly used as a shortcut). Are there any grounds for the amount of the charge being unreasonable?

The adverts that this forum puts around my username and message are not endorsed by me.

then your appeal should be on the following grounds

That you asked for "strict proof" of a breach of the conditions for parking as you were never parked and therefore not in breach of those conditions.

That Excel provide proof of contract that allows them to make claims in their own name and to form contracts with visitors to the site in their own name.

That in any case, if it is decided there was a breach that the sum claimed by Excel does not reflect their loss caused by such a breach nor a genuine pre-estimate of loss due to your actions.

• 1 month later...

Well done! And thanks for keeping us all informed of the outcome. Another success for GPEOL!

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D