Unemployed gardener found hanged the day after Job Centre visit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3620 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:(

Thats sad. :(

Someone should be compiling this stuff.

From what I can see here, the Stigma of being unemployed is what Killed this lad. discraceful

I feel for his family and room mate.

Wish I had the investment, id set up a private job center that actually helps people not reduce them into quibbling wrecks

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

What's particularly sad is that this young chap evidently had some training in gardening. A good jobcentre adviser could have been helping him to set up as a part time private gardener while he looked for a position that would enable him to continue with his training in order to advance him in a career.

I worry that the JCP is more about sanctions than helping people into work and the WP providers are more about profits.

A very, very sad story, and worse because it is no way an isolated incident.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

i seen this in the paper i must say poor boy the job centre should be doing more esp for the poor lad he did not want benefits he went there and they offered a follow up meeting in 2 weeks an 2 weeks of no job no cash is a very long time and does take it toll. R.I.P

the job centre should be doing much more helping people instead of not giving a crap about people i think if we had there job and they came to sign on they would be the same not happy.

much more could and should have been done for this young lad

i think the job centre should be offering people help everytime they come to sign on like if they feel really depressing or something put them into professional people who can help there well being.

if i had a business i would do everything possible to get many people away from there and in to work but sadly these days its a shambles and it is really depressing for us the unemployed.

Maybe experienced CAGGERS should open up a volentary job shop :p

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Truly heartbreaking.

The sad reality is , no one cares. The government & the job center don`t give a flying F%k about this kind of pressure & feeling of hopelessness , they will pay lip service to his & others who have taken this path but they are collateral damage in the continuing war on the welfare state.

Nothing will prick their conscience or make them think about the impact on the families concerned. No caring government would allow these draconian systems & measures to exist if they did . I truly fear for the people of this country in the next 30 / 50 yrs , as the industrial power bases are 100% established in foreign countries & the realisation that you can`t run a country on service industries & non jobs, if there is no one left to serve hits home. Major corporations fund & control any government of the day, with the European parliament another bureaucratic communist brick wall to employment & living standards in the UK , this type of tragedy will become all to frequent.

Given the choice I would never tell the jobcentre anything though plus the media have effectively aided the government in demonising the unemployed and anyone on benefits

This was a terrible tragedy but the jobcentre is predictable denying any responsibility

Given the choice I would never tell the jobcentre anything though plus the media have effectively aided the government in demonising the unemployed and anyone on benefits

This was a terrible tragedy but the jobcentre is predictable denying any responsibility

ye it sure is a terrible tragedy and your correct jobcentre will deny any responsibility and to be honest when will the job centre ever hold there hands up and say they did something wrong to me never as they do not care about any one bar themselves !

i bet this dont make the news.

thats why i stopped buying the sun. they never cover sad storys like this one.

It was covered on BBC 2 Jeremy Vine followed with a phone in this lunch time.

It made for sad listening, not just this poor mans death but the plight of other young people some who have never worked since leaving either collage or Uni.

Lots of people sending in over 200 job application some getting as little as 10% back in replies, one lad had one interview from those stats.

Moans about the JC and not helping people (which was not really picked up on in any great detail).

I am so confused about this story (but that does not make my feelings of sadness for this boy and his family any less) his father says he was to proud to claim benefits and did not get anything from the state, so why was he going to the job centre if he wasn't signing on and claiming JSA? His father said I think that left him in despair that he’d be without money for another fortnight so again that shows that he must have been signing on for money rather then just NI credits so the fathers statements do not add up (or the papers interpretation of those statements)

The fathers statement about how the jobs went to younger people who wanted less also does not ring true, how many employers send put a letter saying sorry you haven't got the job we gave it to a younger cheaper person? it would be against the age discrimination act for a start.

As I say I feel for the family but in most articles like this there must be other underlying factors that the family did know about or find it hard to admit

That interviee was his first. He finally relented and claimed

The jobcentre doesn't help though

The best you can hope for is to be left alone

It's just targets now with too many

If there were jobs to be had I would say OK then some pressure is acceptable (not sanctions) but just making sure people are looking and applying for work.

The fact that there are NO jobs makes the whole process almost criminal and cruel beyond belief.

I do not know how anyone can sit behind their desk and apply these sanctions and harassment when they know the true state of play.

Most job seekers already feel depressed with low self esteem, what good making them jump through hoops adding further misery and pressure for something that is not out there.

Could you face work knowing that today, tomorrow, next week you have got to stop someones money, the only pittance they have to survive on, simply because they did not meet ALL the exact requirements.

How come it does not work the other way (extra money) for those that go the extra mile!

"The fact that there are NO jobs makes the whole process almost criminal and cruel beyond belief."

Bu according to the govt there are PLENTY of jobs and unemployment is falling (laughs) More like more people are getting f***ed off and simply signing off or moving on to ESA because they are being made ill through this process

The Job Centre's function is centered around numbers and targets so the government can spin their relentless rhetoric. There is little empathy with their 'customers', this young man should be alive today.

And more unemployed are being forced into part time jobs zero hours and self employed.

The discussion needs to move from number of jobs available to a measurement of average weekly hours worked to get a more accurate figure

Ideally increase salaries, decrease hours, set a maximum, the government can subsidize the new jobs created as they wouldn't be paying benefits.

And more unemployed are being forced into part time jobs zero hours and self employed.

The discussion needs to move from number of jobs available to a measurement of average weekly hours worked to get a more accurate figure