style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1166 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

My mum has cancer and was in hospital but due to come out and I was a bit late picking her up.

I have a disability badge and thought I'd parked in a disabled bay

only to find a ticket on return,

id actually parked in a mortuary viewing parking space which was clearly signed!

The hospital is aintree university hospital and the ticket says breach of contract,

I cant tell if its private or not,

I have to send the fee to car parking, Liverpool, L9 7AL

Do I have to pay it?

Thanks

Jan

Hi and welcome to CAG

Does this ticket say PENALTY charge notice or Parking charge notice and how much is the ticket?

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi it dosent say either, on the yellow bag is printed Breach of Contract and on the ticket it says Legal Notice of Breach of Contract and its for £60 or £30 if paid within 14 days

Well, not seen this before.

Does this ticket offer any option of appealing?

As it says breach of contract, they should only be claiming for actual losses, not a fixed sum. Does the ticket have BPA anywhere on it?

I will do a few more checks

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

It says if you wish to appeal against this Breach of Contract you may do so in writing to Car Parking, Liverpool, L9 7AL but I cant see BPA anywhere on it

depends how you want to play it,

if you leave it then the parking co has to write to the keeper of the vehicle between 29 and 56 days

after the date of issue to demand either the name and address of the driver or to inform the keeper of a liability.

As they are claiming money for a breach of contract

they will have to show what loss your breach caused them and so far that has been impossible for a parking co

as they

dont own the land,

dont pay rent and

are only agents of the occupier.

So, you can appeal now and most likely get nowhere

but reveal to the parking co you are both driver and keeper of the vehicle

or you can wait for a letter through the post and then appeal to them

and if they dont accept your appeal go to POPLA, the independent adjudicator.

By waiting you make them do all of the running and at their cost.

you also get more time to get advice on what to say at each stage.

Hello there.

Aintree hospital crops up regularly, we've had other threads about them. There are FOI requests for information on the whatdotheyknow? website, they seem rather evasive. I don't know if Trethowans solicitors are still involved.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi storja

If that was the only parking space, you could argue that you intended to inform the car park attendant, but there wasn't one. That your disability is covered by the Equality Act 2010 (Amended) , aintree university hospital should make allowance for you under the Act as you tried to inform them that you had to park the car in the 'mortuary viewing parking space', but they had no facilities in place like a car park attendant who you could inform.

Welcome to Consumer Action Group

'Challenges are what makes life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.'

Joshua J. Marine

1) CLAIM BACK ALL PENALTY CHARGES CLICK HERE

2) CLAIM BACK ALL MIS-SOLD PPI CLICK HERE

3) COMPOUNDED CONTRACTUAL INTEREST CLICK HERE

4) REQUEST CCA FROM CREDITOR CLICK HERE

5) OFT- UNENFORCEABLE AGREEMENTS CLICK HERE

6) CAREY V HSBC (2009) CLICK HERE

7) DON'T BE BULLIED BY CREDITORS / DCA's CLICK HERE

8) IN DEBT DON'T PANIC CLICK HERE

9) FULL AND FINAL SETTLEMENT CLICK HERE

10) SALE OF GOODS ACT-EDUCATE YOUR RETAILER CLICK HERE

11) DISTANCE SELLING-EDUCATE YOR RETAILERCLICK HERE

12) SOGA SUMMARY CLICK HERE

13) WHICH? TEMPLATES [/url]CLICK HERE

14) DOES YOU BANK TREAT YOU FAIRLY BCOBSCLICK HERE

15) EVERYTHING HOUSING CLICK HERE

16) UTILITY BACKBILLING CLICK HERE

17) OFGEM - COMPLAINTSCLICK HERE

18) OFCOM - COMPLAINTS CLICK HERE

DON'T GIVE UP, THIS SITE WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH GUIDANCE AND EMPOWERMENT

Don't forget to donate to this site

Please let us know how your problem has been resolved, it could help fellow Caggers

It will help your case which ever direction you wish to go in, if you return to where you parked and take a few photos.

In that particular area there must be signs that state the full terms and conditions including what the charge actually is...It does not matter if there are signs in other areas of the hospital, if there is none where you parked, no signage = no contract :wink:

Hi,

I recently visited my gran and the car park was completely full and there were 10 or so cars driving around looking for a space. After awhile I stayed in one aisle and eventually someone turned up and moved from the end of a row.

It was only after I parked and got out that I noticed it was on one of those yellow lined boxes. Hold my hands up I should have moved but it had taken me 20 minutes to get somewhere and as the people before hadn't got a ticket I took a risk which was obviously punished with one of the notices mentioned in this thread: on the yellow bag is printed Breach of Contract and on the ticket it says Legal Notice of Breach of Contract and its for £60 or £30 if paid within 14 days'.

Is it enforceable and how did you get on with yours?

Thanks

well, you wait and see if they send you a notice to keeper. Ths should arrive between 29 and 56 days after the parking date so let us know when it does and we can comment. Star a new thread though, this is 2 years old and a lot changes in time so what is said here may not apply.