Dont get it....any advice/help appreciated

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3628 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Had never heard of this company until today.

Never had any run-ins with any debt companies at all.

Today I received a letter from bpo on behalf of motormile finance stating that I owed almost £900 for an obviously unstated reason.

The letter stated that both companies had been contacting me without reply ( untrue, had no prior communication with them until today) and threatened doorstep visits if I do not pay.

I have never taken out a loan in my life......I owe no money to any kind of club or organisation......

They even got my gender wrong on the letter!!

I genuinely have no idea where this has come from at all......

Could it be mistaken identity?

Should I just ignore it and see what happens next?

Any advice or help appreciated, many thanks

check your credit file for fraud or trashing

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Send a copy of the linked letter and get either free proof of postage or if you prefer, pay a bit extra for recorded delivery and keep it with your correspondence so you have a paper trail should you need it at a later date.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387363-You-know-nothing-of-the-Debt-Prove-It-(Updated-21.04.2014)&p=4384086#post4384086

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi and welcome to CAG

MMF chase delinquent debts but use tactics on the phone that would get them banned so don't phone them.

As advised, check your credit file and see if you are a victim of fraud and if so, file this with Action Fraud so you get a crime number.

If on the other hand there is nothing on your file, this is likely to be phishing by MMF for someone with the same name as you.

For now, ignore them until you know more.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Be aware that MMF do not follow the law or regulation concerning debts. They dont even care if they have the wrong person. They will threaten, harass and break you down until you pay.

I would advise not ignoring, but check your credit file at equifax or credit expert, and get a full complaint to their compliance director.

Do not phone MMF, and do not contact any other person at MMF. They WILL ignore you and they WILL threaten you.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D