barclaycard debt and payment advice please

psychosurfer
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3629 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I owe £5700 on my barclaycard.

I used this to pay off my sisters back rent, bailiff charges and council tax as she was going to be evicted.

She is repaying it at a reduced rate now of £50pcm as she cannot afford the full repayments.

barclaycard have frozen interest on the account for a period of 12 months which is almost up

and they are expecting full payments to resume which we cannot meet.

I was wondering if there is any way to make the interest freeze permanent to allow the debt to continue decreasing

as if we cannot do this it will just keep increasing.

Thanks in advance for any advice also are the any letter templates that may help with this.

Any overlimit fees or late payment charges?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Hi Psycho,

I'll direct my reply to you and your circumstances as YS is not relevant to this matter, even though she may be paying the repayments monthly. :wink:

If you made an arrangement to pay at a reduced rate and it's coming up for review, you need to furnish BC with a new I&E summary to see what you can afford to pay them monthly.

You cannot expect them to permanently freeze interest but they should do it for 6 months if your I&E shows you can't afford the normal minimum pay'ts.

Let us know if you paid any penalty charges in the past as these can be reclaimed in full (plus compound interest with BC cases) thereby reducing the debt owed.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)