employment contract - verbal offer query

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3632 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all

I have got a job offer over the phone which I accepted however I have not recd any contract yet. The job starts in first week of June as per the discussion over the phone.

Now what kind of contracts are issued in UK when ppl have gaps (time duration) between verbal offer n joining date - conditional or unconditional

The reason I ask so is I have been contacted by other co who wants to make an offer but I m not sure should I accept the second offer or not. Both are equally good, but I would really want to go for an offer where they have completed my references prior to joining as I had a bit of issue with my prev employer

Any advice on type of contract issued with time gap between verbal offer n joining date would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Unless you have signed anything, you can retract your acceptance at any time, as the statutory notice you are required to give is zero.

As a matter of courtesy though, I would let them know as soon as possible so they can arrange a replacement.