Parking Eye £85 speculative invoice - Should i just pay. **Cancelled**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3534 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pah! PE and their lame puerile speculative invoices...

Of course your not going to pay it, there are plenty of grounds to contest it, plenty of help on here, and plenty of other better versed

in helping you to do so.

Hopefully they will pick this up later on and advise you.

I am assuming you were in Morrisons spending good money in their store whilst using 'their' car park?

That is reason enough NOT to pay this invoice.

I would in the first instance be writing to the manager of that store, and have them account for their use of such a puerile outfit to punish customers shopping in their store!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

By all means write to the store - but also you must write a robust response to Parking Eye. Read around this subforum to understand the issues and the points you should make in your response.

I was in a Morrisons on Monday - first time for ages. What a scrappy run-down looking store it has become. This was in NW London. Given how large it is and how smart is used to be. you can see that Morrison's is not doing very well. You would imagine that they would be concerned not to wage war on their own customers and to encourage them to spend their hard-earned money in their shops rather than hand it over to Parking Eye and their ilk.

You won't lose, and it isn't a fine it is just an invoice which your not going to pay.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

when was this

have you had the notice to keeper yet

should arrive 28 - 56 days after the ticket

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hitchy1

Was this a windscreen ticket or number plate capture ?

So far i have received the 'parking charge' notice. It was captured on ANPR on 1st May with notice being sent on 10th. It states that payment to be made within 28 days of date issued 7th June , And then immediately underneath it says reduced to £50 if paid within 14 days of date issued which is 24 th May.

By all means write to the store - but also you must write a robust response to Parking Eye. Read around this subforum to understand the issues and the points you should make in your response.

I was in a Morrisons on Monday - first time for ages. What a scrappy run-down looking store it has become. This was in NW London. Given how large it is and how smart is used to be. you can see that Morrison's is not doing very well. You would imagine that they would be concerned not to wage war on their own customers and to encourage them to spend their hard-earned money in their shops rather than hand it over to Parking Eye and their ilk.

Actually, if its the Morrisons i think you are talking about, its due for refurbishment this autumn.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Actually, if its the Morrisons i think you are talking about, its due for refurbishment this autumn.

Its the Nantwich store. Does anyone have a suggested appeal letter please?

Did you pay anything to park there? Was it a free car park?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Dear Bill&Ben,

Thank you for your recent correspondence the contents of which have been noted.

No financial liability or otherwise is accepted.

This matter is now closed.

Regards.

You need to make a written appeal to the parking co.

Send it by signed for post.

You could say that the DRIVER was late back to the vehicle due to long ques at the checkouts, or the driver misunderstood the signs.

you do not understand how an overstay of XX minutes could result in a charge for £xxxx being alleged.

Please accept this as my appeal as Keeper of the vehicle

If you reject this appeal please provide a POPLA code. (They will reject it)

This will cost the Parking co. roughly £29.00.

When you get the POPLA no. come back and defense will be ready

Make sure you write back as "The Keeper" NOT "The Driver"

Free parking? Then you can use GEOPL if morrisons wont play ball.

You need to make a written appeal to the parking co.

Send it by signed for post.

You could say that the DRIVER was late back to the vehicle due to long ques at the checkouts, or the driver misunderstood the signs.

you do not understand how an overstay of XX minutes could result in a charge for £xxxx being alleged.

Please accept this as my appeal as Keeper of the vehicle

If you reject this appeal please provide a POPLA code. (They will reject it)

This will cost the Parking co. roughly £29.00.

When you get the POPLA no. come back and defense will be ready

Ok i will send it tomorrow. Ive seen a lot on here about people who have done similar but i cant find anyone who has successfully had the charge withdrawn.

Does anyone have a suggested appeal letter please?

' As registered keeper of vehicle reg no. xxxxxx, I have received parking charge notice ref xxxxxxxx.

Take this letter as my appeal, as I am not liable for this charge.

Please cancel this charge forthwith, or issue a validation code for the independent appeals service POPLA.

I am under no obligation to name the driver the vehicle.

No other correspondence will be entered into.'

Enclose a copy of the receipt if you have one as well. This may well get it cancelled without needing POPLA.

If the charge doesnt get withdrawn, then appeal to popla and have PE force it to be withdrawn. And theyll be charged for it to. So its lose/lose for them and win/win for you.

You will WIN at POPLA.

There has been loads of success on this site and others at POPLA and indeed Court.

Have a read of the "Stickies" above.

They are losing on Genuine Pre Estimate Of Loss (GPEOL) a lot because they can not prove their case.

A lot of Morrisones are ex Safeway stores and they had 3 hours free parking . It is probably in the planning permission so ask the council planning dept if there is anything there in this regard. If there is then tell PE that their interference with the planning consent will be considered as a misrepresentation and voids any supposed contract formed by your visiting the store.

If i lose the appeal which seems standard and then lose the Popla appeal, will the charge be the £85 or the £50?

The charge will get cancelled with the receipt, if not, then it will get cancelled at POPLA.

The charge will get cancelled with the receipt, if not, then it will get cancelled at POPLA.

I don't have a receipt so the argument needs to be different and thats my concern. I would rather pay £50 than £85 if i lose. To be honest im still not sure the basis of my appeal.