LOWELL LETTERS / HBOS DEBT Advice Needed Please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3633 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I am in a similar position with Lowells again (Another thread on the go where Bryan Carter has already taken me to court).

I need to know whether to wait and defend the impending claim form, or possibly a Stat Demand, or to do as one of the stickie advises - Contact Lowell immediately and request all relevant paperwork.

I am sure this HBOS debt relates to a credit card, last used 07 I think. (The card expired 07).

The latest letter from them confirms I am a homeowner and it states that there are more options available to them to recover the debt. Either by obtaining a CCJ and then applying for enforcement against my home home or alternatively applying for my bankruptcy.

Appreciate your advice. Thanks.

You state in the Stickie that I should send an SAR request to original debtor and a s78 request to Lowell. Will by doing this means I have now made contact and that stops the clock if close to the 6yr deadline?

You state in the Stickie that I should send an SAR request to original debtor and a s78 request to Lowell. Will by doing this means I have now made contact and that stops the clock if close to the 6yr deadline?

You send the SAR to original creditors to see what documents they have and to get copies of all statements, so you can see when the account defaulted. Will also come in handy, if this ended up in court.

The s78 request to Lowell for the CCA is to see whether they have got it and it is your entitlement to request this. If Lowell cannot get hold of a copy of the original CCA for a credit account that was originally taken out pre April 2007, then they will have difficulty taking it to court. The might satisfy the s78 with a reconstituted version of the CCA, but without a copy of the original CCA, it puts you in a good position to defend any court action.

You should definitely take both of these actions without delay.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thread moved to the correct forum.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread