Lowells Chasing 10yrs old fraud business account with vodafone 6917306

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3574 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all new to the site, hope someone can help us.

My mother received a letter from a debt company on 23rd April 2014 stating money was outstanding from a mobile phone account

and the debt company was assigned to collect it.

It states there is outstanding call charges/line rental as well as early termination fees.

We went to the mobile phone shop concerned as my mother has never taken out a mobile contract let alone ever had a contract phone.

The man in the phone shop put in the details and nothing came up so gave us a number to call.

Went home and called the mobile company and

they said the contract was a business tariff contract that was authorised verbally over the phone in 2009 by a Mr........ in my mothers account.

We then tried to explain over the phone that my mother has no contract with the company

nor has ever had a mobile contract with the company let alone a business tariff contract,

or even signed a contract to open an account with the company.

In the end the woman said she would get it investigated.

A few days later another letter came in the post from the debt company

wanting payment for this outstanding fees and early termination fees.

Rang the mobile company again spoke to a man

he said you need to speak to the investigation team then gave me the direct no to call.

Rang the number and it said something like caller put down phone so I thought its a Saturday no one in the office.

We rang the mobile company again as I wanted to know what was going on with the investigation

and then I had more info to relay to the debt company.

It appears there was no investigation team looking into it.

the number I was given was not even valid.

I was informed by the woman the account belongs to my mother and it is my mothers responsibility to pay this account.

Even though the mobile company admitted that someone else had authorised the business contract and phone, my mother is responsible for this bill.

when I questioned the bill the woman said it was over 10 years ago.

I argued the point why was there NO correspondence then from the phone company with regards to a bill until 23rd April 2014

and then it was a debt agency and not the mobile company.

I wanted to speak to a manager but they said no one available will call me back. Still waiting!

I then rang the debt agency and explained the situation they said the bill is from 16/9/2000 to 2nd May 2010. (Long contract!)

They said they was going to get back in touch with me once they have spoken to the mobile company. Still waiting!

Today I went on line live chat to the mobile company and they said go back to the mobile shop,

where I had already explained to them I had already been there

and they cannot help as they have no details on their system of my mother or this account ref on the letter.

So sorry for the long thread, can anybody give me any assistance please on what we should do next with the mobile company and the debt company.

Stay off the phone and send the DCA a prove it letter from the CAG library. Then you need to get a formal complaint to the CEO of the phone company and tell him what you have told us.

• Confused 1

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Also report this to Action Fraud and obtain a crime reference number, add the crime reference number to any complaints that you submit.

http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/report_fraud

Ask your Mum to check her CRA file to see if anything has been added

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

We need info on who it is... If its Vodafone, we have an awesome rep onboard here.

If its EE and Asc... Then good luck but you can try finding a CEOs email with CEOEmail.com :)

Three & O2 are reasonable... O2 have a good complaints team and threes exec team came back to me in less than 4 hours.

Can i ask who the DCA is?

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Fkofilee Is there someone on here who will be able to advice us on how to get hold of the account details as we would like to know when this account was set up, who authorised the account and get a copy etc as it certainly was not my mum. When I asked for this info they have told me they do not have these details. So I said if you do not posses these details then how come there is an outstanding debt on this alleged account that is in my mums name.

Edited by stilettonails

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Follow the link IMP has given you, Lee is the site contact who works for Vodafone, hes pretty good and normally can get stuff sorted.

Paste your reference number here and Lee will come back.

Admins; Please amend title to show for Vodafone so Lee can find this better :)

• Confused 1

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Is there someone on here who will be able to advice us

Lee is the Vodafone Rep on here, he has helped in the past to situations similar to your Mum's.

So Lee can contact you personally, please can you visit https://help.vodafone.co.uk/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=ESCALATION_REQUEST&PARTITION_ID=1&CONFIGURATION=1000&COUNTRY=us&LANGUAGE=en

Quote the code "WRT135 - CAG Forum" in the subject line.

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number.

Please then update this thread with the reference number that you receive back, Lee then will contact you.

I will PM Lee so he is aware of this thread and can keep an eye on it.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

please post back with the ref number

post retitled and moved

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

doubt it

typically you get a ref number

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

This is the email that I received from Vodafone I cannot see a reference on the email.

Thanks for contacting Vodafone customer care.

We’ve received your Email and in most cases we will respond within 48 hours.

Vodafone Help Centre – online help for hundreds of queries ranging from price plans, using your phone at home and abroad and using our exciting range of Music, news and entertainment services.

Looking to upgrade your phone? Simply click here and we’ll take you through the process. Delivery is FREE when you upgrade online.

If you are having problems paying your bills and need help please call us on 08700 725 625

Our eForum lets you discuss the technical aspects of our products, services and the mobile world at large. Click here to access it.

If your phone has been lost or stolen please call us straight away on the numbers below for a bar to be placed on your account.

If you’re a pay monthly customer:-

• Calling from the UK 08700 700 191

• Calling from abroad 0044 7836 191 191

Alternatively, If you’re a pay as you go customer:-

• Calling from the UK 08700 776 655

• Calling from abroad 0044 7836 191 919

Supporting URLs below:-

Kind regards

Vodafone Email Customer Service

Edited by stilettonails

We thought it would be nice to introduce ourselves and to assure you all that our presence on CAG is with the very best of intentions.

vodafone UK has recently introduced a dedicated Web Relations Team which is keen to seek out customers who’re having difficulties with their accounts and feel that they have no other place to turn to than CAG and other consumer forums and blogs.

Naturally, it’s not possible for us to help directly with account specific queries on CAG and as such we would encourage those members who feel we can help them to contact us privately at [email protected] quoting ‘WRT135 – CAG Forum’ in the subject line.

When emailing us we would also ask that you either provide us with a link to your post or thread – if you’ve posted in another member’s thread please also provide your CAG username so that we can check what your query is.

Many thanks

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK.

follow the above please

stiggy you need to update your link

dx

and they

Can anyone tell me the address to send a letter of complaint to the CEO at Vodafone please.

I have sent a complaint letter to Lowell recorded delivery, and feel that Vodafone is doing nothing to resolve this matter as there has been no contact nor acknowledgement of my letters or emails.

Can anyone tell me the address to send a letter of complaint to the CEO at Vodafone please.

I have sent a complaint letter to Lowell recorded delivery, and feel that Vodafone is doing nothing to resolve this matter as there has been no contact nor acknowledgement of my letters or emails.

Vodafone House

The Connection (should be disconnection??).

Newbury

Berks

RG14 2FN

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi Lee ok thanks.

Just a query I have just received via my email, 2 returned emails that I sent to web relations on Friday 16th May and Wednesday 21st May it says my emails were deleted without being read (today) Friday 23rd May. Can you confirm that you got my emails with dates and details of us trying to sort this issue out with Vodafone.

Regards

Stilettonails.