Motormile

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3480 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldnt the forum undertake a mass complaint directed towards the FCA. It may have more clout towards sorting these people out once and for all.

I have in the past collected an collated numerous letters/e-mails etc., and have passed them on to the OFT and its successor.

I'm happy to do it again and can provide a dedicated e-mail address for users to send copies of document.

(that is of course CAG admin approves)

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

It must be a huge task but sadly the OFT FCA seem to have little will to do anything about it.

Of course separate complaints may have more effect as you have to sign complaint forms and put real details as opposed to user names

That is not to dismiss the effort that was put in before

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

It must be a huge task but sadly the OFT FCA seem to have little will to do anything about it.

Of course separate complaints may have more effect as you have to sign complaint forms and put real details as opposed to user names

That is not to dismiss the effort that was put in before

We have a distinct opportunity here with companies operating on "interim permissions" which means a review of licences is in the offing.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

In 2011 I had an account with WDA which defaulted . During various conversations with them and while there was an ongoing dispute they added over £400 of charges and sold the debt to MMF. Eventually after the BCCA became involved they cut the alleged debt to £450 (from £1300 ) and recalled it from MMF . I have this in writing. Today I noticed on Noddle that MMF have registered a default dated 2011 for 1316 against my name. What is my best approach . I already have ongoing complaints with the CSA?Fos/Fos/Ico about another complaint with them for a different PDL. They have only updated the file from June 2014 , prior to that there is nothing at all

I have no issue with the default per se , it is with MMF

If its been recalled to the OC MMF are acting in a vexatious manner, personally I would make a formal complaint to the CRAs data control director copy to Neil Petty (by name and nature imo).

Thanks Brig

I have complained to Noddle and also written a letter that I will send signed for . I strongly suspect they are acting , as you say, in a vexatious matter. I will post the letter to the Data controller and email the usual suspects with a disclaimer that the email is NOT to be used for replies .

Do you think that sounds reasonable?

I know this is one of your specialities

Thanks Brig

I have complained to Noddle and also written a letter that I will send signed for . I strongly suspect they are acting , as you say, in a vexatious matter. I will post the letter to the Data controller and email the usual suspects with a disclaimer that the email is NOT to be used for replies .

Do you think that sounds reasonable?

I know this is one of your specialities

Not the first one I've seen this week and it's only Tuesday!

Keep the pressure up!

Brig

Do complaints with the ICO influence anything?

Obviously , in someways it would be better if they didn't sort it out as I could then go to the FOS etc . My credit is shot to sh1t anyway although I was due to be down to fewer defaults this year, two more added by our dear friends.

Brig

Do complaints with the ICO influence anything?

Obviously , in someways it would be better if they didn't sort it out as I could then go to the FOS etc . My credit is shot to sh1t anyway although I was due to be down to fewer defaults this year, two more added by our dear friends.

Unfortunately the ICO takes " views" on matters and relies on deciding on breaches of its principles .

Often vague, stating what it may expect to happen without any enforcement being available to make something happen.

e.g. Providing an agreement with a SAR.

No " resolution" in 56 days go to FOS anyway!

• 2 weeks later...

Well MMF as usual are following their own complaints procedure to the letter I don't think. No acknowledgement of to my complaint which they received by email on 12th and by post on 14th. According to their complaints policy they will try to fix it it 1 working day and if not reply within 5 working days haha bloody ha. I will give t a few more days then it will be off to the CSA and in 6 more weeks off to the FCA

Well MMF as usual are following their own complaints procedure to the letter I don't think. No acknowledgement of to my complaint which they received by email on 12th and by post on 14th. According to their complaints policy they will try to fix it it 1 working day and if not reply within 5 working days haha bloody ha. I will give t a few more days then it will be off to the CSA and in 6 more weeks off to the FCA

I thought the complaints procedure was more than a little "optimistic" in regard to the time scales claimed, little hope of any being met.

Update

Finally an acknowledgement from the Fos that they have asked MMF for the details

Almost certainly in the first instance they will not uphold my complaint but I will then escalate it

• 1 month later...

Interesting email from the CSA

Still claim that they were right to enter the WDA default on my file (although they bought it in 2012 and did not enter it until 2014) and the reason they did not answer me was because they had received official communication from the Fos and ICO

However as a gesture of good will they are removing the default and writing off the accounts

Interesting email from the CSA

Still claim that they were right to enter the WDA default on my file (although they bought it in 2012 and did not enter it until 2014) and the reason they did not answer me was because they had received official communication from the Fos and ICO

However as a gesture of good will they are removing the default and writing off the accounts

Good result Fletch!!