Does anyone post Work Programme NOT have anxiety and depression?

Werewolf
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3626 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I must phrase this very carefully because I've already had a warning from CAG to play nice and not offend anyone. So I'll put my question as soft as possible:

I went through the Work Programme at Ingeus for two years, total waste of time. I'm now about 8 months clear and my JCP advisor has told me I have a month of signing on twice a week and going to National Career Service left before she will mandate me to signing every day or doing community service like a criminal or finding my own voluntary work like some old nan sorting cardigans in a Scope charity shop.

This awful pressure is making me feel so anxious and depressed that I'm seriously considering applying for Support Group ESA just so I can be left alone. Who wouldn't?

I suffered with anxiety and depression which led to a full blown panic attack many years ago whilst working and since then have been on Anti-Depressants for the condition. Some days are better than others. It is funny you should mention this as the last week or so I have been feeling down and had stomach pains and signs of depression again but I try to get by just trying to do as much as possible. It is no secret that since being out of work and under JCP and INGEUS I have been ill a lot more - if I am continually harrassed like some seem to be I can see myself spiralling in to a deeper depression and that is all because of this sickening regime. Is it any wonder a lot more people are on ESA?!

Certainly I think most people involved with the WP and PWP "support" find it stressful. So yes, I am surprised that more people don't end up claiming ESA in order to ease the pressure. Of course, a read around the threads here will illustrate just how difficult it is to get into the Support Group.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I get stressed but I try to not let it all get to me so I vent so it doesn't bottle up

I'm on PWPS (S for support but I omit the S as I have had zero support, I have had terrible treatment and feel abused by some) But it also can be amusing like when my adviser threw her toys out of the pram and was virtually shouting

I think the PWP stuff has been designed to create stress, anxiety and depression and the other feelings linked to this deliberately, I know there's a few nasty characters who do the PWP and one who is there just to sin people on, they can't do much to get people jobs but they can do their worst to get sanctions achieved

I think that is the key, we all get stressed and worked up but at the end of the day there simply are not enough jobs to go around and people do not want to work zero contract or part time - they want to work hard and get a fair wage for doing so even if it is something new to them. The people in charge know this but must follow their sickening regime which I am sure includes directives to p*ss people off enough so that they lose their rag and get sanctioned or simply do not sign on for their lousy £70 this plundering them in to a deeper depression, food and utility poverty. So far I have played their silly games but I am sure there will come a point where I snap

I am currently on Post Work Programme support since November 2013 and its getting me stressed with all the tough things Job Centre is telling me to do.

I don't know if everyone knows but since Friday my Job Seekers been sent to a decision maker because my adviser felt that I am not doing enough Job Seeking, yeah right !! I am applying for Jobs every day, I even had a interview this afternoon in Todmorden, if that's not enough Job Seeking then I don't really know what is.

Been told today that I have been sanctioned for the following period between 26.04.2014 - 08.05.2014 but adviser didn't know how long I have been sanctioned for, anyone can take a guess how long have I been sanctioned? this country is a joke. I am just glad my Housing Benefit is safe, and also I applied for hardship today which I really need money :(

Times like this I wish I was still on the Work Programme because I won't have to put up with all this rubbish my Job Centre advisor telling me what to do. with just work programme, I just go to sign on that was it, why on earth did I wanted the time to come to finish work programme, I totally regret it right now :(

I must phrase this very carefully because I've already had a warning from CAG to play nice and not offend anyone. So I'll put my question as soft as possible:

I went through the Work Programme at Ingeus for two years, total waste of time. I'm now about 8 months clear and my JCP advisor has told me I have a month of signing on twice a week and going to National Career Service left before she will mandate me to signing every day or doing community service like a criminal or finding my own voluntary work like some old nan sorting cardigans in a Scope charity shop.

This awful pressure is making me feel so anxious and depressed that I'm seriously considering applying for Support Group ESA just so I can be left alone. Who wouldn't?

You can't choose to be in the Support Group, or else all ESA claimants would be in it. Most ESA claimants will end up in the WRAG Group, unfortunately the difference between ESA and JSA is becoming increasingly blurred. Most WP providers are totally useless when it comes to dealing with ESA clients, often ignoring the rules set down by the DWP and making them up as they go along.

I sympathise and don't believe that people should be forced into 'volunteering' (if you're being forced it's not volunteering).

However, I do believe people should think again about volunteering and what they can offer and what it can offer them - it isn't all charity shops. Before I was incapacitated, I always volunteered, and as well as all the other stuff it offered, it also has led to a couple of job opportunities. I've also worked with volunteers who have then gone on to work (paid) for the organisation. So please don't dismiss it out of hand, don't just be thinking that you will be giving something for nothing, you get plenty back. This website can show you the great opportunities available in your area:

http://www.do-it.org.uk/

Another option is to write to a load of employers you'd like to work for (enclosing your CV) , who are likely to have jobs available in the future and offer to do work experience for them. Offer yourself for a limited period - say 4 - 6 weeks. You get some experience with the company, they get to know you, and if a job comes up in future, you're a known quantity to them and more likely to get shortlisted.

Wow I sound really preachy don't I? Better shut up now.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

But do you get left alone on ESA, as i had a friend who was at ingeus at me and she was on ESA :???:

Only ESA WRAG claimants can be put on the WP, it is mandatory. No you don't get left alone, the "coaches" suggest "helpful" things like getting you job ready, ie barriers to work, dealing with your health issues etc. When I was at Seetec, my third "coach" asked me about my health issues, I asked her about her medical qualifications. Since she possessed no relevant qualifications, the conversation ended there and then.

I sympathise and don't believe that people should be forced into 'volunteering' (if you're being forced it's not volunteering).

However, I do believe people should think again about volunteering and what they can offer and what it can offer them - it isn't all charity shops. Before I was incapacitated, I always volunteered, and as well as all the other stuff it offered, it also has led to a couple of job opportunities. I've also worked with volunteers who have then gone on to work (paid) for the organisation. So please don't dismiss it out of hand, don't just be thinking that you will be giving something for nothing, you get plenty back. This website can show you the great opportunities available in your area:

http://www.do-it.org.uk/

Another option is to write to a load of employers you'd like to work for (enclosing your CV) , who are likely to have jobs available in the future and offer to do work experience for them. Offer yourself for a limited period - say 4 - 6 weeks. You get some experience with the company, they get to know you, and if a job comes up in future, you're a known quantity to them and more likely to get shortlisted.

Wow I sound really preachy don't I? Better shut up now.

Not 'preachy' at all, that's actually really good advice and has helped me, so thank you :)

Had similar at INGEUS, I had a day when I had to go for blood tests at the hospital and then for a GP appointment so my job search that day was blank - adviser asked why this was and I said personal appointments at hospital, she asked what was wrong and I said it was personal and I am not divulging anything to you. Thought I would be asked to produce proof - I wasn't but if I was I would have hit the roof

Had similar at INGEUS, I had a day when I had to go for blood tests at the hospital and then for a GP appointment so my job search that day was blank - adviser asked why this was and I said personal appointments at hospital, she asked what was wrong and I said it was personal and I am not divulging anything to you. Thought I would be asked to produce proof - I wasn't but if I was I would have hit the roof

When i had a hospital appointment once, i had to take a letter in to prove where i was going.