• Tweets

• Name of the Claimant ? Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank   Date of issue – top right hand corner of the claim form – this in order to establish the time line you need to adhere to. 20 Nov 2019    Date of issue XX + 19 days ( 5 day for service + 14 days to acknowledge) = XX + 14 days to submit defence = XX (33 days in total) - XX + 19 = 08 Dec 08 Dec + 14 days = 22 Dec 19   ^^^^^ NOTE : WHEN CALCULATING THE TIMELINE - PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THE DATE ON THE CLAIMFORM IS ONE IN THE COUNT [example: Issue date 01.03.2014 + 19 days (5 days for service + 14 days to acknowledge) = 19.03.2014 + 14 days to submit defence = 02.04.2014] = 33 days in total    Particulars of Claim The defendant owes £25k (debt under a credit card agreement with ADCB dated xx/08/2014 despite formal demand for payment of the debt the defendant has failed to pay and the claimant claims £25k and also claims interest thereonpursuant to section 69 of the country court act 1984 limited to one year to the date hereof at the rate of 8% per annum amounting to £2000.   What is the total value of the claim? £27900   Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC ( Pre Action Protocol) ? Yes   Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred? Yes - left Dubai   Did you inform the claimant of your change of address? No   Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? Credit Card   When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ? After - Aug 2014   Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ? Representative of bank visited at my place of work with all documentation.   Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/ Equifax /Etc...) ? Not sure - Can’t see it on Clearscore (Equifax), only have basic Experian app (not Credit Expert).   Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. Note sure; don’t think so. Moriarty claim to have “been instructed on behalf of ADCB”   Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? No; only had a letter, then a Final Demand, then the Claim Form and another letter )all from Moriarty)   Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? No   Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Sums in Arrears”  or " Notice of Arrears "– at least once a year ? No   Why did you cease payments? I was made redundant so had to leave UAE to return to UK. Despite me advising  ADCB’s ‘agents’ (DCAs etc) I had no savings, couldn’t find any work nor borrow money to make repayments and was presently in a DMP, I was requested to make a payment as a “good faith” gesture and then they would agree that the sum would not accrue any further interest and subsequently enter into an “affordable agreement”.   Despite my intention to offer any possible solution that I could manage - e.g. merging into my DMP - ADCB were not interested and it reached an impasse.   The payment I did make incurred high charges (SWIFT payment) so I requested if I could pay by card or a method that would not incur high charges. I also offered to agree to % of any future income earned as well as a regular affordable sum. I was advised this would be possible, but all promises made to me proved to be false and so despite me communicating my situation to ADCB all I was offered was to enter into an agreement that I could not afford or ‘final settlement’ that I also could not afford. In addition to this, I’ve had all sorts of obfuscation, misrepresentation and false promises - esp. relative to Central Bank Listing, police case and suchlike -  that I was only promised would be “cleared up” should I make payment. So the situation reached impasse - I wasn’t getting any sense or manageable proposals and I certainly couldn’t afford to keep paying the amounts suggested (especially incurring £20+ charges each time).   What was the date of your last payment? Jul 16   Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? ADCB didn’t seem interested in the litany of  questionable methods employed by their representatives - e.g. misrepresentations, fraud, deceit - and my suggestions of possible solutions (DMP or % of future income) were ignored, rather they just kept wanting money I didn’t have to ‘hold off’.   Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? Yes - see above; I advised them I had lost my job, could not find employment, had no savings but would be agreeable to adding to my DMP OR perhaps agreeing to a payment plan on a % basis of any future income.   QUESTIONS Do I need to get a full Credit Report from Experian or Equifax (other than the apps)?  
    • I have had so much help on here in the past with Halifax and Paragon. After my win in court last october with Paragon they sold the debt to Mars Capital. I haven't had much to do with them yet but i know they are a vulture fund, they buy these loans at a cost. I want rid of it. The original loan was £35 k and paid in multiple payments to people i owed money to and some to me. Ive had high levels of arrears for at least 10 years i think . Are they adding interest to my arrears? does it go on balance - it says i now owe £54 k when i have been paying since 2007. I have high levels of chargers on there which i need to add up and ask to be deducted. If i worked out how much i had paid and offered them £12k or less are they no likely at all to take it or will they still expect £54k.  I want to offer a lump sum to get rid of it this year but there are so many issues with this loan - i SAR them back when paragon had it but i don't want to rock the boat - but if they don't have the credit agreement do courts still view this as unenforceable ??? should mars keep to the same rate that the original lender took loan out for??  I have threads on here going back years - the loan was with Advantage then to ADV2 then paragon now Mars Capital , a company called loan makers sorted out the secured loan - they were not paid by myself the fee was put on the mortgage / loan i think
    • Can I just leave it as saved and not submit or do I need to delete everything?
    • don't file yet not needed till/by 4pm tomorrow   let andyorch check things over 1st    
    • well the claim is stayed so don't panic for now.   is this the ONLY payment made and how did capquest get this out of you? by phone?   explain what caused you to make the payment and how you did it please   dx                
  • Our picks

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2013 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

October 2012 we bought a Logik brand LED TV for £199.99

All was fine until

April2014 when the start up failed.

NORMALLY there's a red light which comes on and you press either the button on the TV

or remote to switch on.

The light goes blue and the TV comes on.

Now it just stays red and no start up happens.

We went to Currys where we bought it and they said they could send it off to their repair centre

and have it checked but it would cost us £95 which would be refundable if they find a fault.

They also said if we wanted, we could have it checked by an independent engineer

and get back to them.

Now we thought 18 months is NOT an acceptable time for a TV to last

so I emailed their customer services who just said the same.

I got some advice from the citizens advice who have a template letter

which refers to the Sale of Goods Act.

I sent this to Currys head office (registered post) and

they have taken two weeks to call us with the same information,

plus claiming they do it everyday and people easily have their £95 back.

Really, EVERYDAY? Is that really a selling point?

We have since purchased a Sony TV (went halves on a special offer in Tesco),

so we don't have £95 to spend on a repair.

We could get a quote and report from an independent engineer but it's more money,

which we don't have.

I still have the Logik TV, well packaged and tucked in a cupboard.

What I need to know is, is there any point in getting an independent repair?

Has anyone done this themselves and been successful in receiving either a refund

or exchange from Currys?

In the first instance you would need to give them the opportunity to repair the TV, if they can all well and good, if they can't then that would be the time to go down the SOGA route, whilst CAB are good, sometimes they tend to give bad advice.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi Losing

Welcome to CAG

How did you pay for it?

Welcome to Consumer Action Group

'Challenges are what makes life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.'

Joshua J. Marine

1) CLAIM BACK ALL PENALTY CHARGES CLICK HERE

2) CLAIM BACK ALL MIS-SOLD PPI CLICK HERE

3) COMPOUNDED CONTRACTUAL INTEREST CLICK HERE

4) REQUEST CCA FROM CREDITOR CLICK HERE

5) OFT- UNENFORCEABLE AGREEMENTS CLICK HERE

6) CAREY V HSBC (2009) CLICK HERE

7) DON'T BE BULLIED BY CREDITORS / DCA's CLICK HERE

8) IN DEBT DON'T PANIC CLICK HERE

9) FULL AND FINAL SETTLEMENT CLICK HERE

10) SALE OF GOODS ACT-EDUCATE YOUR RETAILER CLICK HERE

11) DISTANCE SELLING-EDUCATE YOR RETAILERCLICK HERE

12) SOGA SUMMARY CLICK HERE

13) WHICH? TEMPLATES [/url]CLICK HERE

14) DOES YOU BANK TREAT YOU FAIRLY BCOBSCLICK HERE

15) EVERYTHING HOUSING CLICK HERE

16) UTILITY BACKBILLING CLICK HERE

17) OFGEM - COMPLAINTSCLICK HERE

18) OFCOM - COMPLAINTS CLICK HERE

DON'T GIVE UP, THIS SITE WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH GUIDANCE AND EMPOWERMENT

Don't forget to donate to this site

Please let us know how your problem has been resolved, it could help fellow Caggers

as the item has become faulty after 6mts

its down to you as the buyer

to get a report down

to fwd to them

and get it repaired/replaced or refunded

under SOGA as they think fit.

if they agree either of the above, the cost of the report is refunded by them too.

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Thanks. We paid by debit card. I'll have a phone round and see if I can get a reasonable quote from an engineer.

I'd be looking for a quote around £50.

Thanks. We paid by debit card. I'll have a phone round and see if I can get a reasonable quote from an engineer.

'Challenges are what makes life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.'

Joshua J. Marine

Please let us know how your problem has been resolved, it could help fellow Caggers

For once it sounds like Currys have actually been owning up to their responsibilities right from the outset. The only real issue was that their own report fee, £95, is a bit excessive given that these are usually £50-60 from an independent engineer.

as the item has become faulty after 6mts

It was 18 months, from October 2012 to April 2014

JoeyjoeC, DX is quoting SOGA, '6 months after purchase'.

It was 18 months, from October 2012 to April 2014

Joshua J. Marine

engage brain >>>>>

dx

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

Ah knew I would be wrong trying to correct dx.

no-one is wrong here

you just poss mis read.

dx:lol:

spreadsheets 

soga does that include 6 yrs on own branded tv?

lets face it logik tv is no panasonic or sony etc.

its like comparing tesco value milk to cravendale!

Yes, on own branded products.

soga does that include 6 yrs on own branded tv?

lets face it logik tv is no panasonic or sony etc.

its like comparing tesco value milk to cravendale!

Joshua J. Marine

^^

thanks

A £200 TV would not be expected to last 6 years surely?

I would say that you are correct however, even a £200 TV should last longer than 18 months. For that money I would expect about 3 years before a fault showed up.

My suspicion is that some products are designed to fail after a short amount of time or they use products that are far too cheap to be reliable in the long term.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

With the SOGA there is no brand distinction, same legislation applies.

Joshua J. Marine

No there isn't but price paid reflects how long it is likely to reasonably last. You wouldn't get a judge rule in your favour in the 6th year if you'd paid £200, but you would if you paid £600+ imho

Just because you pay more money doesn't mean it will last longer or that you would get a more favourable judgement.

No there isn't but price paid reflects how long it is likely to reasonably last. You wouldn't get a judge rule in your favour in the 6th year if you'd paid £200, but you would if you paid £600+ imho

Joshua J. Marine