Advice (O2) Not happy with resolution

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3628 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have made a complaint to O2 with regard to not being given a discount that the sale rep promised us in store. The discount was meant to be 30% off airtime from the April. The rep was so confident about giving the discount he wrote the discount on the top of the contract and stated that should the discount not be applied he would offer us a 50% discount.

After complaining the discount was applied from June's bill but it should have been applied from April as agreed in store. I have also been having signal issues and keep receiving text messages stating I have missed a call when the phone has been switched on and next to me, the text arrives in the very same minute the person has called.

I made an official complaint along with some other issues and O2 responded by stating the discount had been applied from June's bill and offered a good will gesture of £30 for the failed promises to ourselves from the store.

After taking into account the 2 months the discount was not applied to the account the good will gesture amounts to only of £13.02.

What irritates me here is that they offered a good will gesture for failed promises and this mostly covers the discount I should have got, I might have been more happy to have just received the discount as agreed and an apology but they have dressed this up as a good will gesture.

Also they have not answered any other the queries relating to the missed calls, nor have they answered why the discount was not applied at point of sale.

Am I being unreasonable here to want them to apply the discount as per contract and to assume that the good will gesture should be for the inconvenience caused.

Should I take this further or would you agree O2 have resolved this issue appropriately.

Hi jonniBravo

It doesn't sound like they have resolved all your issues.

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint, mark it as such. Explain what's happened, how they have let you down and what you want them to do.

Send it to:-

Mr Ronan Dunne

Chief Executive

O2 UK

[email protected]

Thank you Rebel for your reply, I have done this and this was their response though I am worried about whether the regulator would take the matter seriously.

Although I have just noticed you have posted the chief exec's email do you think he would take this more seriously??

Hi Rebel

You would think so, you still have issues that they have been made aware of, but have just ignored, your still paying for a service that isn't 100%. See what the Executive Team say, before taking the matter any further.

Thank you Rebel for your reply, I have done this and this was their response though I am worried about whether the regulator would take the matter seriously.

Although I have just noticed you have posted the chief exec's email do you think he would take this more seriously??