Vodafone - Bad Credit Mark - Travelling

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3633 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I recently had a dispute regarding a outstanding balance which had been accrued whilst travelling abroad in Hong Kong. I had questioned the usage (£3000) as I had no idea where the usage had occurred as Im only a casual web browser and received limited email during my trip. I am a Engineering Manager for a Marine company and constantly travel and use data and had never had any troubles with large charges but obviously not to the extent of the disputed debt.

I contacted the Ombudsman and the case was referred with the outcome favouring Vodafone. Obviously not happy but believing that i had no more avenues to progress my argument I contacted Vodafone to pay the outstanding debt by use of my company card. As my account had been restricted I spoke to the assistant at Vodafone who deals with collection and asked about how to settle the debt and he advised that I could pay 50% upfront and the remaining 50% would be deducted in 6 weeks from the first collection date and money was debited from the company account.

I went abroad again to Australia for 2 months where I never used my phone apart from wireless on Airplane mode. I returned home and found that my services again had been suspended as they had not collected the outstanding 50% on the 6 week period as agreed. They had sent a letter to my home address asking for me to pay the outstanding balance but I had not been home to even see the letter. They said that they had to give me a bad credit mark as I had not responded to there letter even though id never seen it in time. I again contacted the Ombudsman and explained but again they ruled in favour of Vodafone saying that it was my responsibility to check the payment. I had at no time any idea that they had not taken the payment that i had authorised with the assistant. Very frustrated as it was Vodafone who suggested I pay in instalments and just because the assistant did not process the debit procedure correctly, it is myself that is in breach.

Some advice on how I should proceed would be appreciated.

I have told the ombudsman that I do not accept there decision and was wondering what to do as I seem virtually helpless. I can now not remortgage my property due to the bad credit score just due to this incident as I have never had any money issues ever.:-x

Hi and welcome to CAG.

I have to say that this is going to be awkward but not totally impossible.

If the decision from the ombudsman was by an adjudicator rather than the ombudsman, your request for a review should be escalated to the ombudsman.

As you have had a decision from the ombudsmans service, I am not sure whether Lee would be able to assist but you could give it a try.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?213340-Vodafone-Webteam-for-Customers-With-Problems-**UPDATED-November-2013**&p=2343766&viewfull=1#post2343766

Lee (and his colleagues) have had some success here.

Now, depending on how long ago you made the phone call where the customer services drone told you what would happen, there may still be a recording of the call so it would be worth ascertaining if this recording exists. Dates are very important here so if you can remember dates and times, that would help enormously.

It would also be beneficial to you to get copies of your account history. This is done by sending a SAR to VF.

As for your credit file. In the interim you can placed a notice of correction (up to 200 words) to explain what has happened. Future lenders should then take this into account.

Be prepared to spend a bit of time with this.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi Silverfox

Many thanks for your reply. You have a great website and your support Im sure is invaluable. I do have the dates and approximate times and will apply for SAR . I have posted the notice of correction as advisd