jobcentre and going in everyday.

dernawi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3598 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

quick question , I seen my advisor today and she said from tomorrow I have to go in everyday as I'm due to go on the work programme near the end of may. do I have to go there everyday is it a requirement, thank you

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately if you have been mandated to go every day I think you will have to but make sure you get this is writing, not via a conversation, email or text message - I may be wrong but until you have an official MAN to do this you cannot be sanctioned. Secondary to this, to avoid this pointless and soul destroying exercise try and find some voluntary work before they start to send you on slave labour work - this will keep your mind occupied as well as getting the JCP off your back. All the best.

Unfortunately if you have been mandated to go every day I think you will have to but make sure you get this is writing, not via a conversation, email or text message - I may be wrong but until you have an official MAN to do this you cannot be sanctioned. Secondary to this, to avoid this pointless and soul destroying exercise try and find some voluntary work before they start to send you on slave labour work - this will keep your mind occupied as well as getting the JCP off your back. All the best.

many thanks for your reply, does that mean they should give me a MAN in writing either handing it over in the form of a letter or through the post?

I am no expert in this but it is what I would expect from them at the very least. Someone should be able to assist further re the legalities of informing a claimant about such issues.

You'll need to have that in writing - even if only for your own security. Never accept anything verbally as they'll deny they ever said it if it suits them. Get it on paper and keep it.

The JC adviser can mandate you to come in more often, but bear in mind that the guidance states that everything they ask you to do must be 'reasonable' and done to help you, not just for the hell of it. If it's purely to do jobsearch you could try arguing that you can do it just as well at home if you have the facilities, ie internet. They may accept it and it's always worth a try.

Ask them to put the request in a written, formal Jobseekers Direction, stating the days and times you're expected to be there - and for how long each day too. They give us all a signing booklet when we sign fortnightly which has the day and time on, so they should also issue one for people signing more often.

Cover yourself at all times against these people.

You'll need to have that in writing - even if only for your own security. Never accept anything verbally as they'll deny they ever said it if it suits them. Get it on paper and keep it.

The JC adviser can mandate you to come in more often, but bear in mind that the guidance states that everything they ask you to do must be 'reasonable' and done to help you, not just for the hell of it. If it's purely to do jobsearch you could try arguing that you can do it just as well at home if you have the facilities, ie internet. They may accept it and it's always worth a try.

Ask them to put the request in a written, formal Jobseekers Direction, stating the days and times you're expected to be there - and for how long each day too. They give us all a signing booklet when we sign fortnightly which has the day and time on, so they should also issue one for people signing more often.

Cover yourself at all times against these people.

thank you I will do what you suggested ask for it in writing. they was really awful to me today made me cry, saying your not employable etc , and trying to get me on a course but I told them its hard cause my husband is looking for a job as well but not getting jsa as he is not allowed to claim public funds, then she goes on to say by claiming jsa you have to be available for full time work and your saying your Not, I said I am available for full time work my husband wouldn't have to look if I had a job.

I read somewhere that they would provide travel expenses/bus pass where necessary for this new 'Help To Work' scheme when it starts, for people made to attend every day. It costs over a fiver for my travel when I sign on, so no way could I be expected to pay this on a daily basis.

Anytime they ask you to come in which is not your normal signing day they have to pay - but if they get you to attend every day and also sign on, then they could claim each day was now your 'normal' signing day and not pay you. Can't see them doing that though, everyone would be up in arms.

Just one question do you get free travel if you have to go to the job center every day

You should be reimbursed travel for all compulsory visits to the Jobcentre except your regular fortnightly signing day.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

They could not possibly do that, no way on earth can that be tolerated - like you it is £5 for me to go to INGEUS/JCP so bear in mind a slight reduction for a weekly ticket that is Mon-Fri at around £20, so that is £20 off your JSA - all this being spoken to like cr*p and jumping through hoops for £50? What has this country come to?

Anytime they ask you to come in which is not your normal signing day they have to pay - but if they get you to attend every day and also sign on, then they could claim each day was now your 'normal' signing day and not pay you. Can't see them doing that though, everyone would be up in arms.

Your "normal" signing day is set according to DWP procedures, and is the attendance that triggers your payment. No matter whether or not you're asked to sign the coupon on any other day, it still doesn't count as "signing on" from the point of view of expenses. So you should get your bus fare or mileage or whatever.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Just meant to add a note here that MANs only apply to Work Programme Providers, not the JCP itself. They have a bit more latitude, but should still inform a claimant in writing exactly what is required of them.

Just meant to add a note here that MANs only apply to Work Programme Providers, not the JCP itself. They have a bit more latitude, but should still inform a claimant in writing exactly what is required of them.

Thanks for clarifying - I must read up on some more guidance!

How dare he/she say your unemployable. Did he/she say why? Written complaint I think.

they said cause I have no qualifications or work experience I'm unemployable. I would love to do work experience but they are wanting me to do 30+ hours a week when it's difficult when me and my partner are looking for work with three young children they want me to do 9 to 5 but my husband could have a job interview in those hours and if I don't go to the work experience I will probably get sanctioned.

They need to make their mind up. I'm not entitled to JSA but when I rang them to see if they could help me gain employment they said I was over qualified and suggested I leave out some of my qualification and work experience re applications.

Told my son they couldnt put jobs relevant to his qualifications on his agreement as he had no work experience in that area yet, and insisted he applied for jobs he was not qualifed for.

Couldnt make it up could you.

They need to make their mind up. I'm not entitled to JSA but when I rang them to see if they could help me gain employment they said I was over qualified and suggested I leave out some of my qualification and work experience re applications.

Told my son they couldnt put jobs relevant to his qualifications on his agreement as he had no work experience in that area yet, and insisted he applied for jobs he was not qualifed for.

Couldnt make it up could you.

Someone I sign on with, her daughter was told to leave her degree off her cvs, as it made her look to brainy I kid you not.

I very much doubt it somehow.

Yes, you do. Might have to argue about it but, as I said upthread, you are entitled to expenses for any compulsory attendance other than your regular fortnightly signing day - you're expected to cover that day from your benefit payments.

Someone I sign on with, her daughter was told to leave her degree off her cvs, as it made her look to brainy I kid you not.

I've heard of such things happening. It's pretty bad.

Im qualified beyond 1st degree level but undertook my 1st degree as a mature student without A levels. If I took out my qualifications and most of my work experience as suggested, no doubt I would then be told I was unemployable also.

Yes, you do. Might have to argue about it but, as I said upthread, you are entitled to expenses for any compulsory attendance other than your regular fortnightly signing day - you're expected to cover that day from your benefit payments.

I cant see them paying it somehow :wink:

I cant see them paying it somehow :wink:

If they equivocate in any way, this is one of these "don't take no for an answer" situations. They are required to cover valid travel expenses. It's not optional.

When i signed on after being made redundant they tried to mandate me in not including my degree with a threat of a sanction. They said i had to appeal to all employers. Having a degree was seen as making myself unemployable working in Morrisons as an example. I refused as told them to put it into writing. Lat time that subject was mentioned. She then tried to make me go self employed, you really cannot make this up