Making Bank CCTV request

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3627 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not sure if this is the correct thread to post this question.

A relative took money out at the bank, which was put in an envelope but forgot to take from the bank tiller's draw as they exited the bank.

Realising their mistake a short while later returned to the bank spoke to the original till person, who could only say that it should be reported to the police.

This is now a police matter, as the money might have been taken by another customer. Police have said that the CCTV footage viewed could be better.

I am interested in additional footage of where the bank teller does their transactions which would give a better view.

Would there be any way of finding out this information as a consumer? As when the police was asked they stated due to data protection they could not reveal this information.

Thank you.

Hi A Strachan

You would think that if there was an ongoing investigation, the would comply with the polices request.

Here's some info:-

http://ico.org.uk/for_the_public/topic_specific_guides/cctv

http://www.liberty-human-rights.org.uk/human-rights/privacy/cctv-and-anpr

Give the ICO a ring, if it helps detect a crime, there should be no issues.

Not sure if this is the correct thread to post this question.

A relative took money out at the bank, which was put in an envelope but forgot to take from the bank tiller's draw as they exited the bank.

Realising their mistake a short while later returned to the bank spoke to the original till person, who could only say that it should be reported to the police.

This is now a police matter, as the money might have been taken by another customer. Police have said that the CCTV footage viewed could be better.

I am interested in additional footage of where the bank teller does their transactions which would give a better view.

Would there be any way of finding out this information as a consumer? As when the police was asked they stated due to data protection they could not reveal this information.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm I think that CCTV is a bit of a grey area. When I went to court as a victim of a mugging, myself, the victims and various others had to leave the court room when the CCTV footage was shown due to data protection of others caught on camera. The only people which stayed behind were the lawyers and the judge.