Repossessed home info needed

painty
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3628 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I have had my home repossessed and on day of eviction tried to get my friend to pay the arrears off for me. company agreed to aceept this but when my friend called to make payment they wouldnt accept, what can i do ??

I had my house repossessed recently and on day of repossession i called and asked if Santander would accept a third party payment, they said yes, but when my friend called to make it they refused, can i do anything about this ???:|

Hi painty

Santander have clearly breached the following key BCOBS principal's,

A firm must pay due regard to the information needs of its clients, and communicate information to them in a way which is clear, fair and not misleading.

A firm must pay due regard to the interests of its customers and treat them fairly.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?849-BCOBS-Round-up-Making-your-bank-treat-you-failry

You could send Santander a SAR request, it will cost £10, they will send you call logs and notes on your account. They have 40 days to respond. That will help you build your case.

in what manner?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

is this to do with your home repo?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

is this to do with your home repo?

dx

Yes it was, they were acting on behalf of Santander and were acting the same way with regards to accepting any payment, any suggestions

I have had my home repossessed and I know that Santander has breached some regulations, which I am pursuing at the moment, thanks to some advice from a fellow person on here. But what I would like to know is this, they have my house up for sale with a couple of estate agents, is there anything I co do to stop this. Also should I got to court with my information now or wait. Hope someone can understand this and give me some advice.

Hi painty

Your not helping yourself, in your second post you state that Santander have mislead you and now you want to stop the repossession, it would of been best to have all the advice required in one post, reason being, losing the house' would be priority. Let's get some help for you.

I have had my home repossessed and I know that Santander has breached some regulations, which I am pursuing at the moment, thanks to some advice from a fellow person on here. But what I would like to know is this, they have my house up for sale with a couple of estate agents, is there anything I co do to stop this. Also should I got to court with my information now or wait. Hope someone can understand this and give me some advice.

Hi rebel11, thank you for all your help so far, look forward to your reply to my lastest post and your right i should have put it all in one post but with the stress of it all, i didnt think it through.

Have you actually been evicted now and if so when?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

What outcome are you hoping to achieve?

Did you go to court to fight the repossession or eviction?

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

i went to court to fight it and lost but have found out they broke ome finanacial regs so want to got back and try to reverse it, so need advice on how too ??

Right. I thought that was what you wanted but just needed to check. I'm not a legal type but trying to get as much info as possible so others may be able to advise. To be brutally honest (I'm sorry) I suspect you're unlikely to succeed.

It would be a long shot at the best of times, but this was some 3 months ago now.

Still let's see if anyone can prove me wrong. I do hope they can. :-)

Right. I thought that was what you wanted but just needed to check. I'm not a legal type but trying to get as much info as possible so others may be able to advise. To be brutally honest (I'm sorry) I suspect you're unlikely to succeed.

It would be a long shot at the best of times, but this was some 3 months ago now.

Still let's see if anyone can prove me wrong. I do hope they can. :-)

So do I, miracles do happen occasionally

So do I, miracles do happen occasionally

They are few and far between and we can't really expect them to happen.

Had you dealt with this as soon as it happened there may have been the tiniest glimmer of hope, but 3 months on I'm afraid you need to be realistic.

I think the best you can do is complain to Santander in writing and if you don't get a satisfactory response, complain to FOS.

Does the price the agents have on your property seem realistic and would it leave you with any shortfall?

You would need a solicitor to negotiate getting your house back although I am pretty sure they would say it's too late.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.