Another Car Rejection Question

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3631 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good morning,

I have rejected my new (used) car after less than two weeks of ownership. The dealer has been good about this and accepted this rejection. However, he is refusing to give me my money back until the logbook turns up. Is this acceptable or should I push this?

On top of this, because it now won't start, who is responsible for getting it back to the dealer? Me or the Dealer?

Paul.

If it won't start then it has to be a matter for the supplier.

Also, if the absence of the logbook is part of the normal registration procedure for a new car - then probably the dealer should have to accept this and return your money to you. If he has supplied a vehicle which is not fit for its purpose then he will have to shoulder all of the problems which come with it. He can recoup any of his losses from the people who supplied it to him.

I see your point about the logbook, but it's really not my problem if it's worthless to him. It's not my fault that he sold me a dud car. I'm not in a hurry for my money back, so I'll happily wait for the logbook. As for getting it off my drive, I'm sure the dealer will have his own opinion on who should shoulder the responsibility. As I've rejected the car,I'm also rejecting all responsibility for it so I think it's his job to fetch it.

From the dealers point of view the car is worthless without the logbook as he cant sell the car,

Who taxed the car and sent off for the change of ownership??