• Tweets

• Sorry not great with forum technology,  it says accepted file types jpg ongoing etc which I believe the file type was png or at least that's the details showing up on my phone, I'm even less good with conversion of the aforementioned so, I think we'll just leave that one then.   Also I think you mean because he supplied no cancellation information prior to the contract that automatically negates me having to pay / or be charged from the balance of the car any costs associated with the return, he also has to refund me the cost of delivery, however I am actually willing (maybe) to let that one go apon receipt of a refund.    This situation has already been the source of great stress
    • Don't just sign or agree to anything.   You need to be careful and not sign anything until you fully read a new TA making sure they're not  a "break clause" in it.   "A break clause is a term in the tenancy agreement that gives the landlord and/or tenant the right to end a fixed term tenancy before the expiry of the fixed term period"    
    • Is there a reason they took so long to send the PCN? The car was on hire or a change of address perhaps. As they have not claimed to be using POFA it is important that you do not reveal the identity of the driver. No POFA means they cannot pursue the keeper so just ignore everything from them and their unregulated debt collectors and ignorant second rate solicitors. [Sorry that was a slur on second rate solicitors].  Just ignore them all. To go to Court they need the name and address of the driver so if you ignore them there is no chance they will find out. While that does mean that you are not liable to pay them a penny they won't look at it like that and pretend that you do owe them-probably escalating the bill every time they write. This works in your favour as the most that they can ask is the amount on their signage but they always seem to want to overcharge which gets them a slap.  All you have to do is let us know if they stupidly decide to send you a Letter of Claim [it's probably more greed than stupidity but they do both of them so well it is hard to know which one it is.]. If you do get an LBC come back to us so we will give them a snotty reply which may be enough to see them off. In the meantime go on with your life safe in the knowledge that you owe them nothing and there is nothing they can do to change that.
    • I must confess to not even thinking about telling them, especially since I haven't heard anything from them for years, they weren't on my to contact list.   I always come here for advice before I reply and I am certainly not paying anyone unless I have too ( 1 ccj is being paid at £1 a month)    Since getting my head out of the sand I have been very careful on keeping all letters and taking advice before I respond and keeping copies of all correspondence.        
  • Our picks

• Ahmed Alwaheeb's firms sold cars riddled with faults – and which sometimes had government recall notices. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427369-ahmed-alwaheebs-firms-sold-cars-riddled-with-faults-%E2%80%93-and-which-sometimes-had-government-recall-notices/&do=findComment&comment=5071860
      • 3 replies
    • @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 8 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .

Vinci parking fine cyncoed campus Cardiff

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2331 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I parked overnight from Sat-Sun in UWIC's Hall Carpark, stupidly, I had no change and friend advised that 'no one pays fines so its all ok'

And I got a ticket on 4/5/14

This was from VINCI Park Services UK Ltd; £40 - £16 if paid within 14 days

Am I right to believe, from what i have read in another post on here, that all they can claim from me - if i refuse to pay - is the £1 they have lost from me using a space in their almost empty carpark?

Edited by xdpafu

fine? where does it say that word?

its a speculative invoice.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I tried uploading a photo, but it isn't clear at all

Having read through, the words used mainly are 'Parking Charge Notice'

What would you advise?

you'll have to convert that to a pdf first

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi xdpafu,

You have a notice to driver (NTD)

Do not make any contact with the parking co.

Wait for the notice to keeper (NTK) to arrive through the post.

This has to arrive between 29 and 56 days from the issue of the NTD.

Can you get any photos of the signs in the car park ? ... and the size (min 450mm x 450mm)

Is there a sign at the entrance to the car park ?

OOh a nice picture of luxury toilet paper

Speculative invoice. Its not a PENALTY CHARGE NOTICE. :)

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Hi xdpafu,

Can you get any photos of the signs in the car park ? ... and the size (min 450mm x 450mm)

Is there a sign at the entrance to the car park ?

I was visiting a friend so am not in Cardiff anymore

I can picture the sign in my head now, it was about a metre wide, metre and half long, around eye level.

As you drive in, there is a gate entrance ahead, and the parking i used was just to the left - not through the barriers

With regard to the NTK, (this will go to my Dad) - what should i do upon receiving this?

I know this sounds like a stupid question - but what is the definition of a speculative invoice?

and was are the implications of this?

its not a PENALTY CHARGE NOTICE

which are issued by police/council

as its a fine

a parking charge notice

is what we call a speculative invoice [as its NOT A FINE]

for supposedly entering into a contract by entering the PRIVATE land.

so they 'invoice' you if you don't pay & display.

not a lot they can really do

but you must appeal but await the notice to keeper.

just go have a read here in this forum

you'll get the idea!!

its moved on a bit from the IGNORE days.

but not much.

dx

and they

get your mate to go photo the signs and send I tto you.

dx

and they

On receipt of the NTK you appeal to the parking co. They will more than likely reject that but they have to issue a POPLA code.

You the make a second appeal to POPLA who are an "independent"

Can your "friend" get photos ?

I'll ask friend to take a couple of photos tomorrow for me, do these need to be just of the sign as you drive in, or the ones displayed by the parking meter also?

right okay, so I should await a NTK before taking any action

With the appeal, what grounds am i appealing on?

Is it worth making contact with the land owner? - I ask this due to what is said when i hovered over the 'ignore' above

Yes get photos of both the signs.

The appeal will depend on the wording of the signs but GPEOL (Genuine pre estimate of loss).

I don't know about contacting the land owner. .... See what the others suggest

Good Luck

F16

Also, where is the sign in relation to the gate/entrance and to where you parked? If you parked prior to the sign it can be assumed that the sign only relates to anything beyond it. A claim of confusing or inadequate signage is a good part of an appeal(but not in its entirety as it is subjective).

I assume that this has happened at the main campus off Cyncoed Road itself (the former teacher-training college - just beyond Cefn Coed Road junction). I suggest that the OP checks out the Uni's most recently published policy (2011) with regard to enforcement action - Read Here.

The quote that will sink any court action, should it still be applicable (i.e. has been superceded), is the first sentence that sets out what a CPN is:

A Civil Parking Notice (CPN) is a fine imposed on a driver / registered owner of a vehicle for a breach of car parking regulations.

On any reasonable interpretation of that wording (which is not further qualified nor quoted out of context) it is clear that the intention of the CPN is not to recover any loss the Uni (or indeed Vinci) have suffered but to punish the driver/keeper for the breach. That renders the notice a penalty which, as any fule kno, simply doesn't cut it from a civil proceedings point of view.

However, as this policy predates POFA 2012 it may be as well to be a little cautious and establish whether a new policy has been brought in.

On a general assessment Vinci do not "do" court.