• Tweets

• The incident was 03rd March 2024 - and that was the only letter that I have received from MET 15th April 2024 The charge I paid was at the Stansted Airport exit gate (No real relevance now - I thought this charge was for that!!).   Here is the content of email to them (Yes I know I said I was the driver !!!!) as said above -  I thought this charge was for that!! "Stansted Airport" Dear “To whom it may concern” My name is ??  PCN:  ?? Veh Reg: Date of Incident: 03rd March 2024 I have just received a parking charge final reminder letter, dated 10th April 2024 - for an overstay.  This is the first to my knowledge of any overstay. I am aware that I am out of the 28 days, I don’t mean to be rude, this feels like it is a scam My movements on this day in question are, I pulled into what looked like a service station on my way to pick my daughter and family up from Stansted airport. The reason for me pulling into this area was to use a toilet, so I found Starbucks, and when into there, after the above, I then purchased a coffee. After which I then continued with my journey to pick my daughter up. (however after I sent this email I remember that Starbucks was closed so I then I walked over to Macdonalds) There was no signs about parking or any tickets machines to explains about the parking rules. Once at Stansted, I entered and then paid on exit.  So Im not show where I overstayed my welcome.. With gratitude    
    • Just to enlarge on Dave's great rundown of your case under Penalty. In the oft quoted case often seen on PCNs,  viz PE v Beavis while to Judges said there was a case for claiming that £100 was a penalty, this was overruled in this case because PE had a legitimate interest in keeping the car park free for other motorists which outweighed the penalty. Here there is no legitimate interest since the premises were closed. Therefore the charge is a penalty and the case should be thrown out for that reason alone.   The Appeals dept need informing about what and what isn't a valid PCN. Dummies. You should also mention that you were unable to pay by Iphone as there was no internet connection and there was a long  queue to pay on a very busy day . There was no facility for us to pay from the time of our arrival only the time from when we paid at the machine so we felt that was a bit of a scam since we were not parked until we paid. On top of that we had two children to load and unload in the car which should be taken into account since Consideration periods and Grace periods are minimum time. If you weren't the driver and PoFA isn't compliant you are off scot free since only the driver is liable and they are saying it was you. 
    • Thank you dx. I consider myself well and truly told :) x Thank you dx. I consider myself well and truly told :) x
    • Doubt the uneconomic write off would be registered, unless you agreed to accept write off settlement of the claim. It is just cosmetic damage. All that has happened, is that the car has been looked at and they realised the repair costs are going to exceed the value of the car. If the car is perfectly driveable with no upcoming normal work required to pass next MOT, your current Insurers will continue Insurance and you can accept an amount from third party Insurers to go towards you repairing the scratched bodywork.    
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Black Horse calculations.

batman1956
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2831 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

in April 2004 we took out a secured loan with Black Horse. This was a 10 year term.

The figures on the agreement were.

Amount of Credit £12,000

Interest rate per month 1.018% APR 12.9%

Monthly Repayments £173.50

Total charge for credit £8,820.00

Total amount payable £20,820.00.

Along with this there was PPI which was claimed back and settled in January 2010

with Black Horse taking a proportion to pay off arrears.

This as far as I can see left 50 payments due and working it out the sum still owed was £8,675.00. (50 x £173.50)

Over the intervening period Black Horse has sent various letters and default notices

including some for the PPI part of the account which was by this time paid back,

settled and as far as we are concerned closed.

We agree that some payments have been missed but also we have overpaid many times.

At the end of the ten year term we have checked all payments and the amount still owing was £1,228.00.

This is calculated from January 2010 when the account must have been up to date after the PPI settlement.

Today we get a further letter from Black Horse, it states Overdue amount £2,198.50

and the amount required to repay the debt in full is £8,517.62

They want payment of the full amount within 7 days

although kindly they will consider waiving the demand if we pay the overdue amount within 7 days.

According to our records the amount still outstanding is £828 as

we have paid another 2 payments of £200 after the end of the agreement term.

We need help with this as we are absolutely sure that Black Horse are attempting to rip us off.

Dont let the parasite dca's prosper

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Already done it they sent 2 boxes full of pages back . This was everything that we had through the whole of the Lloyds banking group. It was impossible to sort through it all.

My figures are correct and I have written to them twice giving them a full breakdown of every payment made since January 2010 which was when we can verify that the account was up to date.

They say that payments have been missed and that is the reason that the balance is what they say.

While payments have been missed other payments have been more than the due amount.

We are confident that at the end of the ten year term the amount outstanding was £1,028.00.

It's easy to work out them.

Just tot up all payments make against what was owed. It's as simple as that. Anything left are charges that are unlawful.

Reclaim all the charges at the compound rate of 12.9%

That is basically what I wrote to them. They are brilliant at not replying when they don't like what is said to them.

I will do a full statement again enclosing a copy of their letter of January 2010 confirming that the account was up to date after the PPI settlement

This will be the third time I have done this.

If they ignore this again is there anything else that I can do?

Am I correct in thinking it should be 14 days.

That's what I thought but seems 7 days is the minimum.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Things must have changed then. I am sure I have seen somewhere that when a default notice didn't give 14 days that it was a good defence in court.

I think that I may have found out what they are doing. Would someone please confirm that I am correct or tell me that I am clutching at straws.

The figures on the signed agreement are

Amount of Credit £12,000

Interest rate per month 1.018% APR 12.9%

Monthly Repayments £173.50

Total charge for credit £8,820.00

Total amount payable £20,820.00.

Looking back at statements they are adding further interest payments monthly. This seems to me like they are adding interest again to the front loaded interest as stated on the agreement.

Am I going mad?

If you have missed payments, have you taken into account the further interest that would be due on those missed payments?

If they have levied penalty charges, have you taken into account the interest they would have charged on those?

Edited by ims21

We would have to have missed nearly every payment since January 2010 for the extra interest to total to anywhere near what they say.

At the end of the contractual term there was £1,028 outstanding which gives an idea of how many payments were missed at £173.50 per month.

That would be an extremely high amount extra.

Ok if you want help with the maths and an analysis of the account then you would need to post up the agreement and statements (minus all personal information). You can put them all into one multi page PDF.

If you are happy with your calculations then I would think you need to write to the lender and get a full and detailed breakdown of how they have calculated their figures Then you can compare theirs to yours.

We have had no statements since 2010 despite many requests and Black Horse saying that they have sent them. The ones that we have are old ones. We do however have a list of all payments made since January 2010 When we sent a SAR we got 2 boxes of paperwork covering all of our Lloyds group accounts which was far too much to go through.

Hopefully this is the agreement.

And here is a list of our payments from PPI refund in January 2010.

Black Horse Payments From 28th January 2010.

8/02/2010 PAYMENT £173.50

MARCH 2010 NO PAYMENT MADE

21/04/2010 PAYMENT £173.50

26/05/2010 PAYMENT £175.00

24/06/2010 PAYMENT £175 .00

23/07/2010 PAYMENT £175.00

AUGUST 2010 NO PAYMENT MADE

12/09/2010 PAYMENT £200.00

28/10/2010 PAYMENT £200.00

NOVEMBER 2010 NO PAYMENT MADE

8/12/2010 PAYMENT £200.00

28/01/2011 PAYMENT £200.00

FEBRUARY 2011 NO PAYMENT MADE

5/04/2011 PAYMENT £200.00 (MARCH PAYMENT)

28/04/2011 PAYMENT £200.00

27/05/2011 PAYMENT £225.00

JUNE 2011 NO PAYMENT MADE

5/07/2011 PAYMENT £225.00

31/08/2011 PAYMENT £225.00

SEPTEMBER 2011 NO PAYMENT MADE

4/10/2011 PAYMENT £225.00

8/11/2011 PAYMENT £225.00

12/12/2011 PAYMENT £225.00

11/01/2012 PAYMENT £225.00

21/02/2012 PAYMENT £225.00

28/03/2012 PAYMENT £225.00

APRIL 2012 NO PAYMENT MADE

11/05/2012 PAYMENT £225.00

18/06/2012 PAYMENT £225.00

10/07/2012 PAYMENT £250.00

28/08/2012 PAYMENT £250.00

SEPTEMBER 2012 NO PAYMENT MADE

01/10/2012 PAYMENT £200

07/11/2012 PAYMENT £200

12/12/2012 PAYMENT £200

JANUARY 2013 NO PAYMENT MADE

06/02/2013 PAYMENT £200

04/03/2013 PAYMENT £200

15/04/2013 PAYMENT £200

17/05/2013 PAYMENT £200

04/06/2013 PAYMENT£200

26/07/2013 PAYMENT £200

23/08/2013 PAYMENT £200

06/09/2013 PAYMENT £200

OCTOBER 2013 NO PAYMENT MADE

01/11/2013 PAYMENT£200

02/12/2013 PAYMENT £200

03/01/2014 PAYMENT £200

29/01/2014 PAYMENT £200 (FEBRUARY PAYMENT)

07/03/2014 PAYMENT £200

02/04/2014 PAYMENT £200

09/05/2014 PAYMENT £200

We have documentary proof from Black Horse that the account was clear from all arrears on 28/01/2010 with monies deducted from our PPI settlement.

Hope this is good enough.

Sorry to be a pain but any assistance on the above would be most welcome.

OK thanks. I have just recalculatd the amount paid so far. From what I can see we are only short of the full amount by £27.50. and that is only 2 months behind schedule.

What was the normal due date for the monthly payment please?

Also, while I am looking at the figures, could you post up the statement which covers the date in 2010 when the PPI refund was made.

Use this method by dx100uk....

set your default scan page size to A4 less than 300DPI [150 will do]

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets - as a picture[jpg] file

don't forget you can use a mobile phone or a digital camera too!!

'

BUT......

ENSURE: remove all pers info inc. barcodes etc

but leave all monetary figures and dates.

{DO NOT USE A BIRO OR PEN OR USE SEE THRU TAPE OR LABELS]

DO IT IN MSPAINT.EXE or any photo editing program

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites ...

http://freejpgtopdf.com/

http://www.convert-jpg-to-pdf.net/

if you have multiple scans/pics

put them in a word doc FIRST and convert that to PDF

or http://www.freepdfconvert.com/

or

use http://www.pdfmerge.com

convert existing PC files to PDF [office has an installable print to PDF option]

it would be better to upload a multipage pdf if

you have many images too rather than many single pdfs

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

try and logically name your file so people know what it is.

though DONT USE BANK NAMES or CAGicon in the title

i'e Default notice DDicon-mm-yyyy

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

YOU DONT have to put a link to the attachment in the msg box..just upload it ..job done

dx

As far as I know I have not had any statements since then.

What I have is a letter confirming that arrears were cleared in full from the PPI refund.

I will check again later.

As far as I know I have not had any statements since then.

What I have is a letter confirming that arrears were cleared in full from the PPI refund.

I will check again later.

Ok thanks.

And post #21 please?

I can confirm that the due date is 3rd of the month.

Rather than scan the statement from the time of the PPI refund here are the figures.

01/06/2010 insurance cancellation 1201.98 credit

22/01/2010 transfer of cash 2295.89 credit

22/01/2010 interest adjustment 2387.81 credit

27/01/2010 interest 50.78

28/01/2010 cheque refund 1780.67

28/01/2010 Transfer of cash 607.94 credit

28/01/2010 transfer of cash 200.00 credit

31/01/2010 interest 44.27

08/02/2010 ho cash/ cheque repayment 173.50 credit

28/02/2010 interest 95.37

31/03/2010 interest 106.13

30/04/2010 interest 103.77

Balance as at 30th April 2010 £11,643.99

There are no further statements

We dispute the balance at this statement as the letter we received dated 28/01/2010 states that arrears were cleared from the PPI refund.

Morning ims. Does the above information help with the calculations? And does it give any clues as to why Black Horse are saying that the balance is so much?

Hi yes it does help a bit. It is all a bit confusing though.

I am trying to fit these calculations in between work stuff so please bear with me. I haven't forgotten :-)

No problem I am grateful for your help

I have gone back through many letters which have been sent to Black Horse (all completely ignored)

which have been sent to try to get to the bottom of the problem.

Looking back things were wrong in April 2010 less than 3 months after the PPI refund

and we think that because of this have escalated since.

At this point if my memory serves me correctly Black Horse were stating arrears of around £1,300.

Here is a copy of the letter sent to them on 6th April 2010.

Dear Sirs,

Following receipt of 4 letters from yourselves dated 30th March 2010

all starting with the words

“This is a default notice served under S87(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974”

I find myself at a loss to explain your actions.

The above account was the subject of a claim for mis-sold payment protection insurance

which was settled by Black Horse in our favour in January of this year.

From the settlement figure of £3,232.33 an amount was deducted for arrears (including fees)

leaving a total of £1780.67 which was paid to us leaving the account up to date.

This is confirmed by your letter to us dated 28th January 2010 which was signed by Sarah Andrews from your High Level Complaint Handling Unit.

Further payments since this settlement have been made on 20/02/10 for £173.50

and 30/03/10 for £175 meaning that the account is up to date.

Today I have spent a great deal of time on the telephone trying to get to the bottom of this matter

and it would seem that you are under the mistaken opinion that there are charges on this account.

This is impossible as the account was stated by you to be clear of fees as detailed above.

I should also like to point out that due to the mis selling of PPI in effect

after the first four payments the account was in real terms being paid in advance

and that each of the PPI payments made was in fact making the account more and more in credit

and NEVER in arrears.

Two of the “default notices” are for the insurance account which was cancelled on Ist June 2009

and so how this now nonexistent account can be in arrears is mystifying to say the least.

The Financial Ombudsman Service has been informed of your breach and is investigating.

The reporting of defaults on this account has damaged our credit score

and as such my business has potentially been damaged.

The responsibility for this lies solely with Black Horse and

the reporting of any arrears or default MUST be accurate

according to the Data Commissioners Office rules defaults should be for arrears

and should not include fees or charges unless these fees or charges are proved to be fair and not punitive.

We require that you confirm in writing before 25th April 2010 that the account is not in arrears and

it is our intention to seek substantial compensation for the distress which you have caused us,

and also for loss of earnings today in an effort to sort out your inefficiency

Yours Sincerely

The FOS did not continue with this as they considered the complaint closed after the PPI settlement.