I borrowed my boyfriend money now he's dumped me

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3638 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi star2144

Welcome to CAG

Could you please provide more information, what was the payment method?

how much did you lend? have you got anything in writing? what was it lent for? etc.

Thread moved to correct forum.

• Haha 1

I think also that you need to know what money has your ex got? If he has nothing then - it might be a wasted exercise trying to get it back. Does he have a job?

Hi star2144

Welcome to CAG

Could you please provide more information, what was the payment method?

how much did you lend? have you got anything in writing? what was it lent for? etc.

Thread moved to correct forum.

Hi its approx £700.00 some was cash but I know I did a bank transfer to his account of £250.00. I have nothing in writing but of our last e mails he joked about not owing it but then kind of admitted it. Need to check exactly what was said..

I also recorded a conversation a couple of times with us talking about the money etc.

At the time I lent it to him because he was struggling with his rent I know he prob used some of it around Xmas too.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

I think also that you need to know what money has your ex got? If he has nothing then - it might be a wasted exercise trying to get it back. Does he have a job?

He has mentioned a payment plan because he's finishing his exams before getting another job, I asked him to put this in writing but he hasn't yet.

Last night I sent him an email regarding this and a text but he tells me his PC is broken.

I was going to type the letter and send it to him registered mail so he signs for it.

Thanks

From what you say, you have all of the proof you need. If you think that he has the money then it is worth pursuing it. If he doesn't then it might be better waiting until he does have it. You have 6 years in which you can take action. Once you get a judgment against him, you have a further 6 years to enforce it.

What exams is he taking?

From what you say, you have all of the proof you need. If you think that he has the money then it is worth pursuing it. If he doesn't then it might be better waiting until he does have it. You have 6 years in which you can take action. Once you get a judgment against him, you have a further 6 years to enforce it.

What exams is he taking?

Do I need to take action/ judgment against him now? Or shud I continue with the letter I was going to send to him about the agreed payment plan for now until he has more..and get him to put it into writing if I can?

Thanks for your help

Do I need to take action/ judgment against him now? Or shud I continue with the letter I was going to send to him about the agreed payment plan for now until he has more..and get him to put it into writing if I can?

Thanks for your help

P.s. does it matter that I recorded our conversation with out him knowing??