Jump to content

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • Changes in the US are enticing more people to file bankruptcy to clear their student loans.View the full article
    • Servicing Stop Limited Registered Office Address: 57 London Rd, Enfield, Middlesex, England, EN2 6DU Company Type: Private Limited Company Company Status: Active Company Number: 06558606 Directors: Oliver Joseph Richmond Appointed 8th April 2008, Toby Robert Richmond Appointed 8th September 2009 Companies House Link: SERVICING STOP LIMITED overview - Find and update company information - GOV.UK FIND-AND-UPDATE.COMPANY-INFORMATION.SERVICE.GOV.UK SERVICING STOP LIMITED - Free company information from Companies House including registered office address, filing history, accounts, annual...   Endole Link: Servicing Stop Limited - Company Profile - Endole SUITE.ENDOLE.CO.UK Servicing Stop Limited is an active company located in Enfield, Greater London. View Servicing Stop Limited profile, shareholders, contacts...  
    • Hi I assume the Loft Conversion with the eaves and crawl space was there when you initially purchased the property. Even in done after purchasing the property and the correct permissions were in place i.e. Local Authority, Land Registry, Freeholder which is Southern Land which would be required as a Leasehold property. The difficulty is if the Loft Conversion was there when you purchased the property and there is no evidence in your documents of the eaves and crawl space due to where the Red Lines stop in the plans or even after purchase it was added this is the reason you are having issues with selling due to those missing Red Lines in the Plans and any other Buyers competent Solicitor would flag this up. I can understand the reasons the Buyer wishes a Deed of Variation probably there Solicitor requesting this to ensure those missing red lines are covered before the Sale as they Flagged this as an issue as Red Lines missing on Plans and want buyer protected. As for the £8000 costs Together and cohort Southern Land are trying to charge have you thought of contacting a few Property Solicitors yourself to get a few quotes. (only mention this because when I research this possible costs can range from £500 - £2000 depending on the Deed of Variation work required and nothing to stop you doing this then approaching Together and cohorts with it) Also ask Together/Southern Land for a breakdown of the £8000 costs for the Deed of Variation. Yup do send both Together and Southern Land a Subject Access Request (SAR) requesting 'ALL DATA' that simple phrase covers whatever format they hold that data in whether it be emails, written, recorded calls etc. They then have 30 Calendar Days to respond and that time limit only starts once they acknowledge receipt of your SAR Request. When you purchased the property some 17yrs ago are the Solicitors that you went through at that time still operating? (I know probably a silly question but if they are nothing to stop you contacting them and asking them about this especially if the Loft Conversion was in place when you purchased the property) Another link that will be useful to you as Leasehold is The Leasehold Advisory Service: Home - The Leasehold Advisory Service WWW.LEASE-ADVICE.ORG Government funded, independent advice for residential leaseholders and park home residents  
    • Why struggling parents aren't choosing cheaper brands when it comes to infant formula milk.View the full article
    • Musk's profane attack on advertisers baffled experts - without adverts, how would X survive?View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

  • Our picks

    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

      The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

      Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

      One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

      Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

      We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

      It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.


      OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
    • Post in Some advice on buying a used car
    • People are still buying used cars unseen, paying by cash or by bank transfer, relying on brand-new MOT's by the dealer's favourite MOT station….
      It always leads to tears!
      used car.mp4


    • Pizza delivery insurance.mp4




      Parcel delivery insurance 1.mp4
        • Haha
      • 2 replies
  • Recommended Topics

CT from 2009

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3487 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Ida could you perhaps help me out a little. I am at a bit of a loss what to do.


My council produced an outstanding CT bill from 2009, and after a little bit of a dispute I agreed to pay in instalments. I paid my first instalment, then I have missed my second one, with the end result being my bill got sent to Charles Anderson. It turns out when I made my first payment to them, they applied it to my current bill, so it looked like I had never paid anything after making the arrangement. Now I am always in constant contact with my CT office, and I have repeatedly explained to them that I have ADHD and difficulties because of that. I certainly havent tried to avoid the problem, I just need them to be more help rather than hindrance.


Anyway, the be all and end all is that they are not willing to budge on this and I am obviously going to have to fight them. However, I have Charles Anderson breathing down my neck now and need some advice on how to deal with them. I would obviously like the council to act more appropriately, but that isnt going to happen in 2 weeks.


What can I do in the meantime? I feel I am being bullied here, and considering mental health problems, should not be victimised like this.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Madscot sorry for the late reply,


Ive made a thread of your own so can be seen.


Can you confirm if you have recieved a charge for payment?


What council? you can pm this info if you dont want to post on thread.


But keep everything else to here :)

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.


Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Its fine Ida, I wont give out grief to anyone who offers their time for people :D I am grateful.


Regarding the current situation, I got myself a charity to act as an advocate, and we have the council holding proceedings to give us time to sort it out.


The council in question is North Lanarkshire and as far as I am concerned they are nothing short of bullies. Throughout my adult life I have fought with them and been penalised by them, both financially and mentally.


This particular bill had a 10% surcharge added to it first, and now it has further charges incurred by Charles Anderson.


Throughout my dealings with NLC, I have repeatedly told them I have problems and asked them for help but they have absolutely no provisions in place for dealing with people who have mental health issues. Apparantly if you cant see it, it doesnt count.

Link to post
Share on other sites



The amount due will have increased as there is an automatic penalty of 10% if a summary warrant has been granted against you.


Once a Summary Warrant has been granted as has in your case, the debt will be passed to the Sheriff Officers, you should contact the sheriff officers and come to a repayment arrangement. Make sure you come to an arrangement that you will be able to stick to. It is better to pay a little on a regular basis over a longer period of time than to try to pay too much, leave yourself short and miss payments.


As Ida has asked, have you received a 'Charge for Payment'.


If you have you will get time to pay these arrears, and are you up to date with your current council tax.


Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not sure if I have a "charge for payment" as I dont know what that is. I do have a summary warrant but I have basically fought them and had a hold put on the case.


As for my current council tax, its a mess as well. I have been waiting for more than 2 months on a decision on my CT, and nothing seems to be coming, so I just keep getting these demands and unpaid bills I dont understand. I have filled out their forms and phoned them to try and hurry them but still no result.


Everytime I ask for help from them to make this less complicated I just get refused.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had/am having a dispute over council tax myself.

One thing I always do though is use email/letters to communicate where possible as it leaves a paper trail you can refer back to. Phonecalls are notorious for not being honored or traced if needed etc.


A letter or email (used to follow a phone call if you need to phone) allows you more time to plan what you say with any support you may be receiving.


Oh sounds picky but do not use the word vicitimisation. In your case it is not accurate. Disability Discrimination are the words you should be using. :)

Getting this right opens up, I imagine, a lot more room to maneuver if it comes down to the nitty gritty. Discrimination on the grounds of disability opens up all sorts of avenues so it is important to get this right.


FYI - Victimisation is receiving less favorable treatment due to you using a statutory right or procedure (Or aiding someone else that does) eg being bullied if you lodge a complaint or being a witness for someone that lodges a complaint would be some examples of victimisation.


Hope that helps a little, im sure someone with more knowledge will be along soon








The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the comments Sabre. On re-reading my documents, the summary warrant was granted against me in 2009, and this is now a Charge for Payment they have issues. Just to give you guys an update, my council are behaving like spolied children. Ive had word from my advocate that the council basically arent speaking to them and CA are just restating what they said before.


This basically all happened because I became self employed and Ive had over 1k in council tax demands since October. So much for helping people.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...