Jump to content

 

BankFodder BankFodder


monica32

Ascent legal offering discount on BH loan

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 827 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Dear Caggers,

 

need some advice on this.

 

We took unsecured loan back in 2010 for £9000 with Black Horse.

 

Everything was fine until we run into financial dificulties in October 2012.

 

Wrote to black horse asking for reduced payment plan and that was agreed for 6 months.

 

The last payment we made was in January 2013,

after which we contacted blackhorse again to lower reduced payments as we could not cope.

They never responded to us.

 

Two weeks ago we received letter from Ascent collections stating they acting on behalf of Blackhorse to collect the debt,

followed by Blackhorse letter stating that Ascent Collections are now dealing with our debt.

 

We wrote to Ascent to offer monthly reapayment but have not heard anything back.

 

What do we do now?

Should we wait or send another offer of payment?

We dreading going to court over this.

Please advise us what to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

accent are a DCA, they are not bailiffs

they have no such legal powers.

 

have you got all the BH statements?

 

if not

i'd sar them.

 

pay what you can when you can

by your internet bank webportal

 

its your money - take control

 

to BH that is.

 

ignore the dca

 

and stay off they phone too!

 

dx


please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for quick reply.

 

Should we pay directly to BH not to Ascent?

 

BH stated on their letter that we should deal with Ascent not them.

 

BH send us notice of sums in arreas and statement with what we paid from october 2012.

 

There are some collections activity fees of £30.

 

Should we sent letter with offer of payment directly to BH again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

looks like you need to get reclaiming too.

 

got ALL the statements?

 

pay BH by YOUR internet banking portal

they cant refuse it that way.

 

dx


please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No not all statements just one from October until March.

Should i send SAR to them first? Although we did not missed any payments before October.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

pers I would not trust BH as far as I could kick them.

 

too many horror stories here.

 

continue to pay them what you were.

 

get that sar done.

 

have you still got the agreement to hand?

 

dx


please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear dx

 

Yes I have agreement. I did send SAR request.

Still no response from Ascent. I will pay BH directly as you suggested.

I am just afraid they take us to court.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

as ascent don't own the debt they cant

only BH can.

 

await the SAR return from BH

 

keep paying as suggested.

 

dx

 

scan up the agreement please

 

set your default scan page size to A4 less than 300DPI [150 will do]

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets - as a picture[jpg] file

don't forget you can use a mobile phone or a digital camera too!!

'

BUT......

ENSURE: remove all pers info inc. barcodes etc using paint program

but leave all monetary figures and dates.

*********************************************************

{DO NOT USE A BIRO OR PEN OR USE SEE THRU TAPE OR LABELS]

try www.pdfescape.com TO BLANK STUFF,

*************************************************************

or

DO IT IN MSPAINT.EXE or any photo editing program

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites ...

http://freejpgtopdf.com/

if you have multiple scans/pics

put them in a word doc FIRST and convert that to PDF

or use www.pdfmerge.com

convert existing PC files to PDF [office has an installable print to PDF option]

..

 

it would be better to upload a multipage pdf if

you have many images too rather than many single pdfs

.

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

try and logically name your file so people know what it is.

though dont use full bank names or CAG in the title

i'e Default notice dd-mm-yyyy TSB

.

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

.

dx


please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

I hope someone will advise me on these please.

 

We had a unsecured personal loan with Blackhorse which has been assigned to ascent legal in 2013.

 

We offered agreed to repayment plan with Ascent and has been paying it off ever since.

 

Today we have received letter asking to ring their negotiator for a full and final settlement offer is available for 10 days only.

 

we are confused over this.

 

Why decay would sent this kind of offer?

 

Should we try and sent low settlement offer?

 

We would appreciate any advise and help on this matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

shows there something WRONG wit the debt

 

PPI? insurances

 

how old id this?

 

is it on your credit file?

 

dx

 

old and new thread merged

 

did you ever get that SAR off?

 

dx


please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not unusual for companies to offer full & final settlement, rather than accept payments over a period.

 

What you could do is phone them to see what offer they are making you and you can offer a lower amount you could afford on a without prejudice basis. But don't agree to pay over the phone and give any card details. Tell them you would require them to write to you confirming that they would accept £x as full & final settlement and that they would note your credit record that the debt was fully satisfied, when the payment was received.

 

How old is the debt with Blackhorse ? Is the debt still on your credit record ? If the debt with Blackhorse was old and you did not make payments for 6 years, it would have been statute barred ( could not be enforced in court) and you did not have to pay Ascent Legal any monies.


We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

 

 Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

 

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear DX,

No we never got SAR of them, we know we own the money and we wanted to pay it back. Although we have credit agreement at home as the loan is not that old. Was just wondering if it's worth trying to send full and final to them.

 

There is no PPI on it. Loan is from 2010. Has been assigned to Ascent in 2013. Where do I check my CRA file?

Thank you for advise

 

Dear DX,

No we never got SAR of them, we know we own the money and we wanted to pay it back. Although we have credit agreement at home as the loan is not that old. Was just wondering if it's worth trying to send Full and final to them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if they are offering a short settlement

you can bet your bottom dollar

 

there's TWICE that to be had.

 

get the sar done.[to BH]

 

dx

 

Credit Reference Agencies:Experian Equifax CallCredit noddle


please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear DX

 

Should I sar ascent or blackhorse?

Thank you for all advice.

 

I just noticed BH in your answer. Thank you for advice.

 

I have checked my CRA file and loan is registred with Ascent Legal not Black Horse.

 

That would indicate debt has been sold to DCA?

 

Am I right?

 

I just sent request for CCA to Ascent, and SAR to BH.

 

Any advice on this mattet would be much appreaciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Youre correct. The company that owns the debt will be listed as the account administrator on your credit file.


Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

 

 

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Black Horse want be able to respond to my SAR request?

 

Its just Ascent have sent me an offer for full and finall

which is a bit weird as there is £6000 of remaining debt.

 

I just have a feeling they might not have it Credit Agreement in place.

 

I already sent CCA request.

 

If they dont have it.

 

What my next step should be?

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If a DCA offers you a discount, then you are right to be suspicious. Sometimes the offer is fully legit, but the vast majority of the time the debt is unenforceable, or is inflated with bogus charges. They then offer the lower discount just so they can actually get money from you before you realise.


Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

 

 

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sar goes to the Original Credit regardless of current ownership.

 

if theres a discount

know BH agreements and their PENALTY charges as well as all the insurances they make you take out

 

they'll be MORe to reclaim

than the 'discount'

 

prob wipe the debt out.

 

that's why BH sold it on .

and claimed the tax back


please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will just wait and see if they have agrement in place.

Thanks for your advice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be getting that SAR off ASAP.

 

you don't know what they'll do

if they issue a claim

 

you'll never have time for the SAR to return.

 

get it done

 

this has been going on long enough

 

you need to findout why they sold the debt on.

 

something smells here...find it

 

get all the info you can.

 

odds on, for a 2009/10 CCA they'll have it

if not a recon WILL be allowed in court I bet.

 

how did you take out this loan?

 

dx

 

dx


please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you Dx,

I havecsent SAR request to BH. Just wait and see what they come with.

All your help is much appreciated

 

I have filled in online application.

Rest of transaction.

Was made over the phone.

They have sent all relevant documents to sign and transfered money to my bank account.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yea so theres a data trail so I doubt its the CCA that's an issue.

 

did you sign the CCA and return it too them?

 

dx


please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
yea so theres a data trail so I doubt its the CCA that's an issue.

 

did you sign the CCA and return it too them?

 

dx

 

Yes I did. I still have an original agrement at home. There is no PPI on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they dont have the CCA or a valid reconsituted agreement, theyre chasing a ghost anyway. get the SAR off, and wait and see what the CCA reply is. I bet theyll say something like it may take 30+ days to get the info, or theyve put your account on hold.

 

Youll them likely never hear from them again until they sell the debt on, or their automated systems throw you back in the pile.


Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

 

 

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
If they dont have the CCA or a valid reconsituted agreement, theyre chasing a ghost anyway. get the SAR off, and wait and see what the CCA reply is. I bet theyll say something like it may take 30+ days to get the info, or theyve put your account on hold.

 

Youll them likely never hear from them again until they sell the debt on, or their automated systems throw you back in the pile.

 

Thank you all for advice. I will post updates when recive paperwork from them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...