You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

JoeyJoeC

Unregistered from self assessment twice, still getting letters?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1996 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I applied to be self employed when I had a website business idea.

It didn't go anywhere, didn't make any money doing it what so ever, so decided to fill in the online form to unregister myself.

I then received a letter in December 2013 saying that I needed to pay national insurance contributions, but didn't need to pay if I unregister, which in January, I done again.

Now yesterday, I received a letter from HM Revenue & Customs, "It's time to complete your tax return".

What am I suppose to do? I haven't received any confirmation that I have unregistered.

Hi Joey

As long as you have a UTR (Unique Taxpayer Reference) they will continue to send you a 'it's time to complete your tax return'. I would give them a call :-

https://online.hmrc.gov.uk/information/faqs

Ok I see.

Couldn't find any relating messages in the FAQ you gave. I'll call as suggested.

I haven't spoken to anyone about this yet, I seemed to have lost the letter they sent me.

Who would I need to speak to?

Hi Joey

Ring HMRC and tell them what has happened, and make sure that they de-register you. At least this will stop problems going forward. Take the name of the person you speak to, get them to send you confirmation in writing.

I haven't spoken to anyone about this yet, I seemed to have lost the letter they sent me.

Who would I need to speak to?

Forgot about this until a couple of days ago.

I don't have any of the paperwork what so ever regarding this. I don't know my tax number or anything else. I was planning on just submitting the online self assessment form and putting 0 for all earnings, but I have had to send off for my details.

I don't want to have to worry about doing this every year so defiantly need to come off of the self assessment thing altogether! I will contact them.

Filled out the online form to request the details to be sent to me again, however it asks me for a unique tax payers reference. This is what I am trying to request from them! I entered "0000000000" but the mail bounces back as no record of the information provided.

Now I'm confused.