Lowells calling from this mobile number - anyone else? 07900742258

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3359 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just had a call from mobile number 07900742258, which turned out to be Lowells. Cheeky f***ers.

Most bizarrely, even though I received court papers recently advising me that Lowells are pursuing me through court and threat of a CCJ etc, the woman on the phone today from Lowells told me they had an address for me that I haven't lived at for 7 years, and that was why I hadn't received any of their letters.

can anyone kindly enlighten me WTF is going on??

Lowlife use a huge range of mobile numbers. Just block them as they appear...or at least set up to block those which start with the samr 4 digits. They also route landline calls through your local exchange to fool hou that it is a local call so must be ok to answer.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

They won't use mobiles as such. It will be computer software they use with their outbound dialier.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 9 months later...

Iv had a phonecall from these today whilst at my Mums funeral... They wouldn't go away when I asked them politely to ring back later.

TBH I didn't realise who it was at first as the line was very bad from India and I was in the middle of a place that wasn't exactly quiet...

They asked me to confirm who I was, I told them that I didnt want to give out that information as they phoned me and I swear the lowlife on the other end of the phone was laughing when he repeated me to confirm my name....

I await their call, to which they will be getting no-where with me...

The only way to verify that a call is genuine is if it is from their published number. Anything else could easily be a criminal enterprise.

Anyone receiving a call from a different number should (if they answer it) when they say who they are, advise them that you know the number that the organisation would use, that it looks as if they are criminals and that if they really are from xxxx then a formal complaint will be on its way to them & the FSA.

That applies to mobiles & local numbers. Really - how can you be certain that anyone who calls from any unpublished number is genuine. That applies to slight variations on numbers that they might use to avoid call blocking.

When they say who they are, tell them that the display on your phone shows that they are not who they say they are ...

They will change if challenged. If they suggest that you phone their published number, tell them that you are broke and can't afford the call

Start the fight back to stop the use of different numbers. Don't discuss anything other than their phone number on the call. Refuse to take notice of anything that this unknown person says. Tell them to put it in writing anyway.