Retail Security SIA Registered??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3633 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If they are contracted, then yes. If they are inhouse, then they do not need to be SIA trained.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

if its a shopping ventre and covers multiple shops, such as a mall, then iirc they DO need a licence. If they are employed by one shop and only cover that one shop, then they dont. If they are contracted for one shop, meaning they are employed by a security company, then they do.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Thanks for the update. I returned a pair of jeans this morning that has a damaged zipper. The girl on the counter (Manager) refused to exchange. I mentioned repair ,exchange or money back but she must have hit some sort of button as i had three of these in house security goons surround me. She said she felt threatened . At no time was my voice raised. The girl seemed to me for a manager to be poorly trained as to the sale of goods act etc.

This one individual security guard flaunted himself as a bully and i am looking at reporting him to the shopping centre management agents. He refused to give me any details to identify himself or have any ID on him such as a name tag. His attitude was totally unprofessional and out of proportion. The best way i can put it will be "looking for a fight" mentality

Your best bet would be to hope for cctv. Sadly you get people working in shops that think they can do anything they want, and at the slightest sign of a confrontation or you telling them theyre wrong, they call for help. I see it pretty much every day in my job. The security guard where i work even got a CCTV set up specifically to cover the Customer service desk as we had an employee who acted like the one in your situation.

The GOOD thing, is that the security guy would NOT be allowed to touch you without proof or if you remained calm at all times. They COULD restrain you if you became agitated or angry, but if you stood there calmly and explained, then theres pretty much nothing they could do apart from call the actual store management.