Marstons distress warrant for unpaid fine, referred back to court

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3642 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

My partner had a run in with a Basiliff from Marstons just over a month ago regarding an unpaid Court fine issued to her in 2011. She had moved away and unfortunately forgot about the fines existance until the Bailiff showed up, Bringing the original £120 fine up to £420. As My partner lives with me and the majority of the goods in the house belong to me our baby and older children, the Bailiff couldnt seize the goods and we are in no financial position to pay the bailiff in full, he said he was referring this back to court. From what I understand the Court can issue an arrest warrant for my partner, and she is under the assumption that she need do nothing until a new date is set for court. Surely she can just ring the Court and pay this outstanding £120 in full to avoid any further action??? Is there anyone out there willing to fill me in on the process please? as i do not fancy her getting arrested and possibly end up in the chokey for a month or 6. Any help would be greatly received.

thanks

JaY

It is certainly the case that the courts can issue a arrest warrant and this is done very frequently indeed.

Your partner received a visit from an enforcement agent because she 'forgot' to pay a court fine. She has been extremely lucky in that the company returned the warrant back to the court. It is now for HER to act responsibly and contact the court and advise them that she understands that a distress warrant has been returned back to them by the enforcement company and that she would like to make an arrangement to pay the debt.

PS: When the warrant is returned, the amount reverts back to the original amount (which in your partner's case was £120).