Temporary contract

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3641 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, i am looking for some information and i cant really find any for my particular situation.

In September 2013 i started work for a company and signed a temporary contract for 9 months. At interview i made it clear i was really looking for a permanent job. I was told by the boss that he had to justify to the board the taking on of any perm people and this was not available at that time, fair enough I said.

So i was of the opinion that no perm contracts were available. After a meeting with the boss around January he verbally assured me a long term sick was not coming back and that was my opening to be made permanent, great!

Fast forward to Feb and 4 new staff are taken on, whilst 3 were 'bank' staff, the 4th i found out has been given a permanent contract. I was obviously upset that i had been overlooked for the permanent job and i was told by the boss that he would look at my contract. To date, nothing has been said since and Im now thinking im about to be made unemployed as work is now slower than it was several months ago, so i think i am going to be told its 'not justifiable' again, to make me permanent.

Is there anything i can do about this? I dont know if it makes any difference but the man that got made permanent is Polish.

As a footnote, i have been praised by the boss for my work standards, i have settled into my role really well, and have a repuation as a hard worker that is reliable. Any info thankyou.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras.

Unfortunately, there is not a great deal that can be done for now. You also do not know the circumstances behind why the permanent employee got taken on, perhaps he has some special skill set or there is some other reason. You are probably best off keeping up the hard work and keep asking your boss about whether a permanent opening can become available.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS