ex partner claiming csa child for he does not have

time4change2
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3615 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all im looking for some advice for friend of mine her ex partner ( been split up for 4 years) has made an application for child maintenance payments against her despite him not having the child.

she herself does not have the child the child was placed with her father (granddad) about 4 years ago but this s not the first time he has done something like this when the child was first placed the granddad he claimed child tax credit despite the child living with him the granddad has a residence order for the child but the ex keeps making these applications for child maintenance .

after speaking to the CSA yesterday they said as the letter was addressed to the mother she is the one that has to send in all the relevant documents to show the child does not live with her and is with the grandfather which they can do that's not the problem.

but the ex still chooses to keep on doing this the csa said they will investigate it again once all the documentation has been sent i but she will have to start paying him CSA as from next month even though the child doe snot live with him

is there anything they can do legally to either stop him doing this or get him prosecuted ? any help would be gratefully appreciated

thanks guys

hi all im looking for some advice for friend of mine her ex partner ( been split up for 4 years) has made an application for child maintenance payments against her despite him not having the child.

she herself does not have the child the child was placed with her father (granddad) about 4 years ago but this s not the first time he has done something like this when the child was first placed the granddad he claimed child tax credit despite the child living with him the granddad has a residence order for the child but the ex keeps making these applications for child maintenance .

after speaking to the CSA yesterday they said as the letter was addressed to the mother she is the one that has to send in all the relevant documents to show the child does not live with her and is with the grandfather which they can do that's not the problem.

but the ex still chooses to keep on doing this the csa said they will investigate it again once all the documentation has been sent i but she will have to start paying him CSA as from next month even though the child doe snot live with him

is there anything they can do legally to either stop him doing this or get him prosecuted ? any help would be gratefully appreciated

thanks guys

is there anything they can do legally to either stop him doing this or get him prosecuted ?

Short of taking out a court injunction, I don't think there is much you can do. Keep providing evidence that the claim is fraudulent at best, and pray that the CSA will bring charges.

You could also raise the issue with your MP and he/she may be able to poke a few people to take action.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Agree with Mr P. All we can really advise is that she points out to the CSA (repeatedly, if necessary) that this claim is fraudulent and that he is not the PWC ("Parent With Care"). Since the man is presumably well aware that he is making a fraudulent claim, perhaps there may be some value in her seeking professional legal advice.

Also, if the CSA drags its heals over checking this out, perhaps it would be worth her while to contact her MP.

Can I ask - who receives Child Benefit for the child?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

thanks for replies

the granddad receives s child benefit , child tax credit etc etc as he is

the legal guardian of the child due to the residence order

antone i posted in csa issues and benefit issues forums too can you merge the threads please sorry about that

Send csa a photo copy of residence order, child benefit, child tax credits with a covering letter explaining neither you or the child's father has custody so your ex is knowingly trying to commit fraud.

As the child benefit is paid to grandad that makes him main carer and they should have checked that out at the start.

I has the same sort of problem a few years back but once I told them how to do there job and sent them relevant paperwork they backed down and took my ex to court.