equifax credit file

Guest mojomillyjoe
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3677 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest mojomillyjoe

hi all I just got my credit file today, and there is a credit card default from Lloyds tsb its listed like this start 20/03/2001 default 05/2008 end 19/05 2008 then my date of birth and last updated 30/11/2012 whats this mean as I have not acknowledge any debt or made any payments to anyone for over 12 years, is this statue barred as its now 2014 ? also it then lists credit card marlin financial services for the same debt as start date 20/03/2001 default 05/2008 end 21/05/2008 does that mean 21/05/14 it will be statue barred ? and is it correct the I should have both these listed on my credit file ? does not the default start from your last payment ? thank you all for your time god bless

Hi Welcome to CAG,

These entries indicate that the account has been sold on by LTSB to Marlin Financial a debt purchase company which has correctly updated the files after purchase.

Statute barred in England and Wales for a credit card = 6 clear years with no payment or unequivocal written acknowledgment of the debt and no relevant contact from the creditor i.e, a county court claim.

These entries will be removed from the records on the 6th anniversary of the default date paid or not.

The default date and the start date of the Limitation Act 1980 6 year period are not synonymous, a default can be recorded up to 6 months after the last ever payment was made.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Guest mojomillyjoe

thank you so much that makes me feel much better your a star !!! but what I now don't understand is if I took the credit card out in 2001, and I know that I stopped payments 2002 why did it take over 6 years to default as I made no other payments or even acknowledge the debt in that time space ? also it seems funny that when marlin DCA took over the debt in 2008 the default date started then , can Lloyds tsb wait from 2002 - 2008 to start the default without any payments............... thank you again for your help

Many things were messes up during the Lloyds/TSB merger, but Marlin would have only up dated the information passed to them when they purchased the debt.

I you can prove that this default date has been changed when Marlin bought the debt (a definite no, no but not unknown to happen), it would be an idea to make a Subject Access Request under the data protection Act 1998 (SAR) there is a statutory fee of £10 for this, the creditor has 40 calendar days then to supply ALL the data held on you and the account, you can specifically request a copy of a default notice and the actual date of the original default. There is a template in the CAG Library for the SAR which should be addresses to the Data Controller at LTSB HO.

If the date has indeed been " manipulated" it is a serious breach of the DPA and FCA Guidance, Marlin would have unreasonably causing damaging data to be displayed on the credit files for 6 years which will have affected your credit profile.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: