• Tweets

• Agree it is not a modification that needs to be disclosed to Insurers as changing the seats has not changed the risk.  
    • Frpm David Frost and Robert Jenrick: 'Conservatives must show we respect the votes in 2016 and 2019 and not give the Opposition the chance to undo the benefits of leaving the EU'   Sweep away the Brexit gloom – or Labour will unravel a huge gain ARCHIVE.PH archived 22 Apr 2024 05:47:50 UTC  
    • Please please help we were miss sold full fibre by EE July 22  Install couldn’t go ahead no equipment sent and no. Survey it was hell  foind out no full fibre in road so we had to go back to cooper no choice we involved. Ceo and they put in a man from customer resolution s  he was vile he told me I had to go to engineers  something very odd about the ex resolution s in bt basically they took my drive up said they Would put ducting in ready for full fibre we have got £ 40 for a hours upon hours phones stress and more told to go to ombudsman  then bill was £35 we called twice told it was that price as they had treated us appalling two weeks later all sky package gets pulled we call again our bill goes to 165 the next two weeks was hell trying to get yo bottom why it’s off our package it was all on in the end I spent a day on the phone  341 mins was the call anyway I got to the bottom it was this resolution man coveting up the other issue another deadlock  to cover it all up  they hide data  ee did so couldn’t get the miss sell in writing I have now only from sept  Basically now we tried getting full fibre and they have found my drive had to be taken up again which has sunk .  The engineer has placed the wrong ducting again under my drive and need s to be taken to again apparently and the pipe sticks up middle of the drive near gate not behind look so odd it’s a big as a drain pipe open to water and it’s below touching the electrical cables to hot tub . I was sent a letter from the ex resolution to say I had stopped the work  I haven’t  it’s so sadistic she covering up for her mate in that team as the orginal install he didn’t check it had been done correctly  I took to Twitter and posted on open reach they ignored me then after 3 calls of two weeks they sent a engineer bt ignored me ceo emails blocked tag on Twitter unanswered then we get someone from twitter send a engineer he written report to say it’s dangerous since we have  had a  letter to say our problem can not be resolved  then a email to say sorry we are leaving and we can’t get into our account Bt will not talk to us ofcom tells us nothing they can do Citzens advice said go to the police  we can’t go back to virgin due so mass issue with them only option is sky  but point is they make out we have canceled we haven’t we have this mess on our drive dangeous work we are in hell  it’s like she covering up for this collegue it’s all very odd I am disabled and they like played mentaly with me open reach say bt resolved the issue no they have not  I recon they have terminated us making our we have  to hide it from mgt  Help it’s hell I don’t sleep we have 29 may we have tried  calling they just ignore me  at first they are so lovely as they say I am then they go to nnamager and say we can’t say anything to you end call  Scared police are rubbish I need help even typing is so painfull  Thankyou  anyone hello be so grateful     
    • There's a thread somewhere about someone sending the baillifs against Wizzair that is quite hilarious. I would love to see someone do the same to Ryanair. Question is, should you be the one to take that role. You are entitled to the £220, if your flight was from the UK. If it was TO the UK I suppose it is more of a grey area... though the airlines I know have been using £220 as standard. Not that surprising for Ryanair, the worst cheapskates in the universe, to go for the lower amount, and if you forward this to the CEO he will probably have a jolly good laugh and give his accountants a verbal bonus. After all he's the one who said and I paraphrase "F*** our customers, they'll fly with us again anyway". While we would all love to see Ryanair get wooped in court again, I have to join my fellow posters in thinking it's not worth the hassle for (hypothetically) £7 and not sure it will expedite the payment either. It's already an achievement that you got them to accept to pay.
    • The US competition watchdog has taken legal action to stop Tapestry's $8.5bn takeover of rival Capri.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

What are YOUR opinions on 'shopping' someone?

essexmat
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3590 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I know it is a very emotive subject but one that a lot of people have differing views on in some way.

For example, someone on JSA/HB would you shop them if they were doing a few hours work a week to supplement their benefits (cash in hand) as they are struggling?

Let them get on with it as we know how they are feeling and how they are struggling to make ends meat?

Personally I would feel awful being a grass but I know someone local getting JSA and HB (no, not me!) who does old peoples gardens and when I saw him at the bus stop he was very open about it and said he gets around £50pw average.

I only ask as I was offered 4 hours a week cash in hand at £7.50ph a few weeks ago so £30.00 a week and it would really help but would be very worried about someone in the community 'shopping' me and getting prosecuted for fraud and having every benefit stopped.

It is hardly worth doing this whilst claiming JSA as I would only be able to keep £5.00pw of the income and the £30 would have to come off the £72.40pw JSA so in effect 16 hours work for £20! I think the rules are a disgrace as some people can only get part time work and need to suppplement their pittance from benefits.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I don't see an issue with earning small amounts will claiming JSA. While I was claiming JSA, I done some gardening work for a neighbor, along with driving someone around for some extra money (a friend who earned a lot).

I had some issues with the job center being too strict and kept getting money held back, so no I didn't tell them about it.

Whilst I understand this is a discussion Forum I am Sad to see these kinds of threads popping up recently!

These forums are designed for people seeking Help from the community and threads like these are Helping no one Unless you think inciting a "Possible" Flame war between opposing sides of the Coin and generating genuine Stress and Anger is Helping?

Just my 2 penny's on the situation you may think I am too sensitive and you may be right but it is how I feel about the OP :)

• Haha 2

I think that Storm in a T-cup is making a very strong point.

However I think that these are the kind of moral dilemmas which crop up everyday - and it is probably very healthy to have somewhere where people can discuss the in an anonymous way.

We wouldn't advocate this kind of behaviour on this forum and Storm in a T-cup is right that this is not really the function of this forum. On the other hand this is a community and it is right for people to exchange ideas although we would not be prepared to advise on or encourage on any kind of action which is illegal or immoral.

I can see that with this kind of discussion, things could get very heated but I hope that people can restrict themselves to expressing their view without getting into outraged indignation and condemnation.

Whilst I understand this is a discussion Forum I am Sad to see these kinds of threads popping up recently!

Sadly I agree. There is a thread from a couple of weeks ago which stretched to multiple pages of advice for someone who from the info they gave away is quite obviously committing fraud. I wasn't the first or only person to notice this, but my response to the thread was deleted!

At a time when the press are quite happy to push the "all claimants are thieving sc um & scroungers" angle, to see a board that I have always thought was meant to help genuine claimants then help someone to continue committing fraud was very disappointing.

Point well made and it was not posted to incite anything other than healthy debate so if you want to take it down then I will accept it goes against the real purpose of this excellent forum

Personally I think this thread should be deleted as it could be used against the site - this is for helping peoople, not hindering them.

BTW you can earn up to a certain amount whilst on JSA/HB and still receive benefits, albeit at a lower rate.

That is the point I am making, if working a few hours what you earn apart from £5 is taken from your JSA so in effect if you earnt £30 extra per week JSA would be £42.40 plus the £5 gratis. Great system isn't it, say £7.50p/h x 4 hours a week = £30 so over a month for 16 hours work you get .... a whole £20!

Anyway, delete the thread

... to see a board that I have always thought was meant to help genuine claimants then help someone to continue committing fraud was very disappointing.

If you are referring to threads on this forum, please will you link me to them. Thanks

Apart from professionally (where someone comes in and says 'I've been committing fraud and need help to come clean and sort it out'), no one has ever told me conversationally that they've been committing fraud. There have been some professionally that I discovered were, and some that I suspected, but our policy was to advise the person to come clean - if we shopped people they'd stop coming for advice.

If I suspected someone I knew socially of committing fraud, I wouldn't do anything because I didn't know for sure - I know the difficulties that are caused by false accusations. If someone did tell me socially, I don't know, I suppose it would depend on the circumstances. Someone struggling with paying bedroom tax and council tax who has a few pounds cash in hand work that helps them to eat - then no I wouldn't 'shop' them. I'd probably warn them of what they were risking, but to me the greater crime is bringing in benefit regimes that mean that people cannot feed themselves or heat their homes. If someone was working full time and claiming or had some elaborate scheme committing benefit fraud, or was claiming disability benefits falsely then I probably would inform DWP/LA etc.

Might be controversial, but I have a 'shades of grey' moral code and would need to know circumstance before I took any action that might be harmful.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

My own view is to let them get on with it, if they're making a few quid extra and basically just trying to meet bills and survive - sometimes that extra tenner or £20 can make a huge difference. Plus their 'crime' pales into insignificance when you compare it to, for example, politicians expenses claims and the sheer waste of public money by our wonderful government.

I don't see why this post has to be taken down? I feel it is quite an interesting question. I myself feel there is nothing wrong with a FEW xtra quid but would not do it to be honest. But saying that my family sometimes help me out with some money so am I in the wrong? don't think so...?

I'm struggling and jobcentre LOVE that!

RLP are a con PLEASE DON'T PAY THEM TO DO MORE! IGNORE ALL LETTERS AND CALLS! :)

I don't see why this post has to be taken down? I feel it is quite an interesting question. I myself feel there is nothing wrong with a FEW xtra quid but would not do it to be honest. But saying that my family sometimes help me out with some money so am I in the wrong? don't think so...?

I'm struggling and jobcentre LOVE that!

100% agree with your post !!

To "steal a line" from the "O'jays Loving You"

"Long as I keep food on the table... Long as I keep the bills paid"

I'm not encouraging "fraud". ... Don't get me wrong. ...But everyone's got to "live"

If I were signing on and really up against it and the opportunity to earn some cash in hand arose, I know what I would do.

If someone I knew was in the same position, I know what I would not be prepared to do.

There but for the grace of God.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

The job centre doesn't 'love that' you are struggling, they want you to have a job and never darken their doorstep.

The original poster would be 'in the right' if this person was earning a living wage AND signing on/claiming but I don't think they are 'morally riight' in shopping anyone doing odd jobs - how do they know the person isn't bragging to make themselves feel better, or is servicing a huge amount of debt, or has dependants who can't claim bemefit for one reason or another.

Blatantly milking the system is wrong.

Blatantly milking the system is wrong.

Hope the Prime Minister reads that; apparently he spends £40 a day on just breakfast. Isn't cornflakes and toast expensive in the Houses of Parliament canteen!

Hope the Prime Minister reads that; apparently he spends £40 a day on just breakfast.

Blimey!

Well milking the system is certainly wrong - but a real shame that we aren't given a better example from our Betters.

It's actually all subsidized, tax payers pay a bit, the MP's pay a bit, I'm not sure what the split is.:shock:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/house-commons-lords-food-drink-2163757

Hope the Prime Minister reads that; apparently he spends £40 a day on just breakfast. Isn't cornflakes and toast expensive in the Houses of Parliament canteen!

Prob 99/1 taxpayers

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Just my thoughts

Before even considering shopping someone you have to be absolutely sure of your facts. I think this is particularly important about disability benefits as not all disabilities are obvious.

It is a sad reflection that so many people on benefits do some cash in hand work, maybe that is because the basic rate of JSA is not enough to live on although I believe that if you cut your cloth then it is (just) in most cases. Remember that cigarettes and alcohol are luxuries and not essential.

I was recently put in a very difficult moral position when a group of people I knew were all making money on the side, some of it legally and some of it less so. I am afraid i copt out by passing my general concerns on to someone whoes job it would be to deal with it.

I met a lovely man (ex army) who said he thought all benefits should be stopped for 6 months and people would get jobs. I pointed out that people WOULD die and that crime WOULD increase. He was quite ok with the fact that more people would die . That is the sort of public perception we are up against . Oh this guy was a health and safety man for intraining one of the work place providers

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

It is a sad reflection that so many people on benefits do some cash in hand work, maybe that is because the basic rate of JSA is not enough to live on...

With the cuts elsewhere and the imposition of the 'bedroom tax', many have been pushed over the edge of "just surviving". I wouldn't begrudge someone earning a few extra pounds for some honest work on the odd occasion. On the other hand, an undeclared regular weekly job, even if it only paid £20-30 per week, I would be advising them of the possible consequences.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Difficult. You don't know their full situation. I mean, there are some people out there on disability benefits who have disabilities they'd rather not discuss. (because how embarrassing they are or because of how judgmental others can be) They may look absolutely fine. I look normal. But what you don't see is the physical pain from too much noise or light. You don't know what and how much I see or hear. You don't see (because I try to hide it and don't want to make a scene) the frustration inside because it's getting too noisy or there are too many people around, which can give me panic attacks.

I once had someone tell me there's nothing wrong with me and that I shouldn't be on benefits. Like most people. he doesn't know my situation. I have a friend who knows my situation slightly better (like everyone else, he doesn't understand it; but can understand some of the issues I have) and did once ask if I do claim DLA. Not because he thought I shouldn't either.

As for the cash in hand thing - again, difficult. I can see why people do it though. Not saying it's right;(because I don't know whether it is) but understand that those who do, do it because they're struggling.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3590 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks