NatWest - loan consolidation of sole trader overdraft

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2547 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I've got following situation. I have personal bank account with NatWest since 2001 and business bank account since 2002 (sole trader business account). Been sole trade since 2002 but in 2007 incorporated limited company and opened another business bank account for the ltd. The sole trader and ltd have been operating in parallel for 2-3 year and then all fixed assets and liabilities of sole trader have been transferred to the ltd. The sole trader got a substantial overdraft facilities which have been paid by the ltd since the merger. NatWest approached me by requesting a repayment of the overdraft in full. I replied that I can't afford but I'm happy to convert the overdraft into a business loan. They said OK but the consolidation loan has to be a personal loan, not business. As it is a business liability, I have provided all evidence like annual accounts for the sole trader, for the ltd and for the use of the overdraft NatWest is refusing to discuss conversion of the overdraft into business loan. The only option they offer me is a personal loan on the basis it was given to a sole trader.

Any thoughts and suggestions how to deal with NatWest in this case will be much appreciated.

Thank you