Erudio again!

zaly
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3300 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Zaly, i know that when it is you going through a nightmare such as this, it is hard to think straight but!.....

.....dx and many others have talked you through the process.

They have not responded to your CCA and as a result are in default and the debt is unenforceable. ........Simples! :)

They will bait, threaten, intimidate, etc you regardless as all they want is your money, you will learn to laugh at them, even to their face. DO NOT LET THEM WIN.

I told Link to jog on 14months ago and i have received two letters (NOSIA) which have been filed away and labelled "Ignore".

If you feel that you really must contact them? ....(i personally would not bother) Then send them an email, short and to the point eg:

Dear Crooks,

You have failed to address my legal request for a copy of the original signed agreement.

I have attempted several times to obtain these documents from your organisation and without success.

I will not be responding to any of your letters in the future, unless you provide the legal documents requested.

Further, the account remains in dispute and the alleged debt is as a result unenforceable.

Yours.

Zaly, what happened to that fire in your belly?

Use the frustration they deliberately force upon you as fuel to fight. If you cave? ....They win.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you so much WarrenBuffet :madgrin: I totally needed that pep talk!!

I don't know why I'm struggling to get it in into my head about these people.

I think because this letter came on the back of my complaint to Ombudsman

I'd attached more weight to it than it deserves and it got to me.

I'm over it though - got my big girl pants on and there's no breaking me now lol

I wont be responding to Erudio. I have written back to the Ombudsman.

Despite everything I'd read I still had in mind that they could send Bailiffs :roll:

When in fact all they can do is ask for 'their' money in a variety of interesting and inventive ways.

I doubt taking anyone to court would be a good option for them - have they actually taken anyone to court at all over student loans?

I apologise to those that have kindly offered lots of good advice for having to listen to me stressing and worrying,

it must be frustrating - but I think I'm done with it (please do forgive me though if any moments of madness do occur in the future

- I promise they will be short lived).

I'm guessing there's no issue with pocketing their £50 is there?

I'm guessing there's no issue with pocketing their £50 is there?

Absolutely not, bank it, spend it.. enjoy :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

we have seen I think 2 threads poss here or elsewhere

where a mystery user has supposedly been taken too

or is going to court and an SLC loan fwded to Erudio

neither of them resulted in the person posting ANY further details.

nor scans of the paperwork or indeed ANY details of the court claims at all.

I rather suspect they were SPOOF, like we have seem with Arrows before.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

I've also been having problems with Erudio.

I have been successfully been deferring my pre-1998 S.Loans since then and

I moved overseas in 2001 and had opted to authorise my father to defer it on my behalf every year

as I was doing working holidays, moving from country to country and all that stuff..

.I settled down a few years ago and have now just de-authoised my dad to handle my SL's as he has recently retired

and spends a lot of time overseas himeself and is not able to handle the mail/forms anymore,

my father had posted me the Erudio deferment forms last year and I provided Erudio with a letter de-authorising my father

and filled in the form with all my details, address overseas, phone number, email as well as my income details

- not knowing that in the UK the .... was hitting the fan with most deferring SL people

- I am still well under the earning limit but provided them with an old empty UK bank account for DD as required,

I have now closed that account as they tried to set up a DD

- so its obvious that they in fact DID receive my deferment forms

-(they still haven't contacted me BTW...and I have no idea what is going on)

They did not provide any receipt of my deferment forms nor any information on its outcome even though I emailed them several times.

They continued to call and mail my fathers home but would not provide him with info

as he's no longer authorised to act on my behalf - (mind boggling!)

I am now about to write a letter of complaint to them and the FOS,

my father has already contacted his local MP to try and stop the harassment of him when he's home.

I've been trawling the internet but everything is a bit scattered

- hard to understand the whole picture from overseas.

1. What are my rights as a pre-'98 loan holder,

is there a situation or an age where it will be written off? -

I keep reading conflicting info

2. Ive been reading about people requesting a CCA and getting no replies

which supposedly means Erudio are breaching the T&C's

therefore the loan will be defaulted?

Is this true? Whats that all about?

3. I'm trying to keep a professional relationship and honour the T&C set out by the original SLC

but they have been so uncooperative I'm thinking that it's a bad idea and If I'm living overseas

- should I even bother sending them anything and keeping in contact

- what will happen if I just cease contact with them?

Thanks for any information and support.

J

Hi all,

I've also been having problems with Erudio. I have been successfully been deferring my pre-1998 S.Loans since then and I moved overseas in 2001 and had opted to authorise my father to defer it on my behalf every year as I was doing working holidays, moving from country to country and all that stuff...I settled down a few years ago and have now just de-authoised my dad to handle my SL's as he has recently retired and spends a lot of time overseas himeself and is not able to handle the mail/forms anymore, my father had posted me the Erudio deferment forms last year and I provided Erudio with a letter de-authorising my father and filled in the form with all my details, address overseas, phone number, email as well as my income details - not knowing that in the UK the sh*t was hitting the fan with most deferring SL people - I am still well under the earning limit but provided them with an old empty UK bank account for DD as required, I have now closed that account as they tried to set up a DD - so its obvious that they in fact DID receive my deferment forms -(they still haven't contacted me BTW...and I have no idea what is going on) They did not provide any receipt of my deferment forms nor any information on its outcome even though I emailed them several times. They continued to call and mail my fathers home but would not provide him with info as he's no longer authorised to act on my behalf - (mind boggling!) I am now about to write a letter of complaint to them and the FOS, my father has already contacted his local MP to try and stop the harassment of him when he's home. I've been trawling the internet but everything is a bit scattered - hard to understand the whole picture from overseas.

1. What are my rights as a pre-'98 loan holder, is there a situation or an age where it will be written off? - I keep reading conflicting info

2. Ive been reading about people requesting a CCA and getting no replys which supposedly means Erudio are breaching the T&C's therefore the loan will be defaulted? Is this true? Whats that all about?

3. I'm trying to keep a professional relationship and honour the T&C set out by the original SLC but they have been so uncooperative I'm thinking that it's a bad idea and If I'm living overseas - should I even bother sending them anything and keeping in contact - what will happen if I just cease contact with them?

Thanks for any information and support.

J

please start a new thread

of your own

and please try to add some blank lines

and sentences

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Jac00, we are in the same situation, I've decided to ignore them. You can't deal honorably with these hounds. Iit's worrying, but we live abroad and I doubt they'll try to come after us. See my posts. I'll check to see your new thread ( hard to know you have to start your own one, I was spamming others at first too).

I've received a microfiche copy of my CCA in the post today and just wondering what my next move should be. They've illegally added 'arrears' charges to my debt as mentioned earlier.

I know the ombudsman has been coming down in favour of Erudio's right to enforce the terms more stringently and now I have paperwork I'm feeling more vulnerable.

I'm aware there's a lot going on behind the scenes with Erudio failing to file their accounts last year and a court case coming up in March but want to make the right move personally so that I can easily defend my position if it did ever end up in court.

Edited by zaly

the omb has not 'comedown' on their side , far from it!!

they can't illegally add or do anything - that is criminal

they are acting unlawfully [civil].

if you don't have a copy of the NEW DAF from rodeo[last 2 weeks]

then get a blank copy of the old SLC DAF and send that in.

if you feel you must do 'something'

could do with seeing the agreements please

dx

and they

Hi Zaly, just because they claim to have responded to your CCA, does not actually mean that they have!?

Will you scan the CCA up and redact your name, address, account no etc. We will then see what the plan of action will be then.

dx beat me to it. :)

HOW TO UPLOAD DOCUMENTS / IMAGES ON CAG IMMEDIATELY YOU DO NOT NEED 10 POSTS

IMPORTANT To protect your IDENTITY and ensure you remain ANONYMOUS on CAG

YOU MUST ensure that you REMOVE all Personal Information including Barcodes, Names, Addresses etc

ENSURE: To leave all Monetary Figures and Dates.

DO NOT USE A BIRO, PEN, SEE THRU TAPE OR LABELS TO EDIT THE INFORMATION

1. SCAN YOUR DOCUMENT

- Set your default scan page size to A4 less than 300 DPI (150 will do)

- Scan the required letters/agreements/sheets - as a picture (jpg) file

- Don't forget you can use a mobile phone or a digital camera too!!

- If you have multiple scans/pictures please put these into a WORD DOC first ensuring you have removed all Personal Information before converting to PDF.

if you dont have MSOFFICE, use openoffice its free and has a PDF converter.

- IPHONE ONLY: Take a picture and Convert to PDF via an APP

2. HOW TO EDIT (Remove Personal Information)

- Do this using MSPAINT.EXE or any Photo Editing program and ensure to save the document.

PLEASE TRY AND REFRAIN FROM POSTING FILES OF +1Mb in size

a single sheet of a4 should be about 50kb.

3. HOW TO CONVERT YOUR DOCUMENT TO PDF

- If you have OFFICE installed this has an installable PRINT to PDF option so use this and save as PDF.

- If you have PDF as an installed driver use this program and save as PDF.

OR Go to one of the many free online pdf converter websites:

- http://freejpgtopdf.com/

- http://www.convert-jpg-to-pdf.net/

- http://www.freepdfconvert.com/

- http://www.pdfmerge.com/

- http://www.primopdf.com/

PLEASE REMEMBER: It would be better to upload a Multi-page PDF rather than multiple Single PDFs.

4. BEFORE UPLOADING YOUR DOCUMENT ON CAG

- Logically Name your PDF File so Users know what it is. DO NOT NAME YOUR FILE USING BANK NAMES OR CAG IN THE TITLE

- For Example: Default Notice DDicon-MM-YYYY.

IMPORTANT To protect your IDENTITY and ensure you remain ANONYMOUS on CAG please ensure that you do a final check that all Personal Information including Barcodes, Names, Addresses etc. are REMOVED before carrying out the NEXT STEP

5. HOW TO UPLOAD YOUR DOCUMENT ON CAG

- In your Thread/Post open a new msg box here.

- Click 'Go Advanced' below the msg box.

- Click 'Manage Attachments' below that box.

- Click the 'Add Files' button on the top right.

- Click 'Select Files', navigate to your file(s) on your PC.

- Click 'Upload Files'.

- You DON’T have to put a link to the attachment in the msg box just upload it ……… JOB DONE

- You can click on your links to check them too!!

and they

So, they have sent me the above for each loan, plus a reconstituted version for each loan along with statements. Interestingly two out three of the loans do not have a signature from SLC.

pic removed

you need to remove bacodes and ref numbers

dx

and they

Just wanted to says thanks for all your help and support -

now its all change with the forms I guess I'm good to go!

I just need to keep fighting in terms of the arrears they've added since Ive been waiting for my CCA so back to the ombudsman for that one.

Not so quickly Zaly, we need to have a good look at your CCA first, there normally are issues with CCA responses.

Ill join photobucket and see if i can identify issues? But, i won't personally be able to give you an opinion until early next week. Im sure others will have an opinion too. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Most recent demand.

This would be:

Jordan Oliver Rowntree

Solicitor Admitted as a solicitor: 17/03/14

SRA ID:463055SRA Regulated Employee at:

Hepworth House,

Claypit Lane,

Leeds,

LS2 8AE

?

Who would appear to be an in house solicitor working for Capita?

Perhaps he's unaware of the rules surrounding in house?

"Rule 4: In-house practice If you are a solicitor, REL or RFL conducting in-house practice: you must not act for clients other than your employer"

So what's he doing working for Eurdio?