WMD Harrassment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3620 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I think it would be sensible to start from the beginning..

My partner purchased some items 18 months ago from PC World (Creation Finance) on a buy now pay later 6 months deal. When the 6 months arose and we had to pay the interest was sky high which we knew it would be of not settling the account after the terms.

We paid a few months, but due to myself falling out of work due to illness and my partner who owes the debt could not make ends meet we stupidly stopped paying the account. We did inform Creation that we were experiencing financial difficulties, but they only wanted the payments and was not interested in our current hardship.

With letters and emails back and fourth for almost 14 months trying to come up with an agreement of paying monthly on what we could afford, it was eventually sent over to a company call WMD. Now since December of 2013 we have written to WMD and also spoke to them on the phone regarding a £35 a month settlement which we were advised to offer which was 2% of the outstanding balance.

We never heard anything from WMD until most recently, well in fact last week, when a representative of WMD called and we agreed that we pay £35 a month on the last day of April as our first month, we would pay this for the next 4 months and when the balance had dropped we would request a settlement in full payment which in the next four months we could offer.

We had to go to the Philippines last month due to a bereavement in the family, which took all our savings for the flights and having to pay the funeral costs, we told Creation this in writing by email of the issue. Since last Wednesday we have been getting nearly three calls a day from WMD after we had already arranged a payment, and have offered to send them a full outgoings and incoming schedule on my partners account.

It is now getting terrible stressful for my partner having to deal with these unkind people on the phone, she is having a tough time with her mothers death. these people are making her life hell, we really do not know how to stop them calling as we have been advised to deal through correspondence only, but they have our number and my partner is wanting to stop all this and pay the monthly installments as she said she would.

All help would be really appreciated.

Darren

Edited by dpgoodbody