Wright Hassle for Cabot for Barclaycard

vic synex
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3649 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Morning all, my first post but I've been lurking for some time!

I have recently sent off 3 CCA requests to my Credit Card companies with no satisfactory reply. I sent the account in dispute letter to all 3 on Tuesday, they all received them yesterday.

My question is, Barclaycard have issued me a Default Notice last week, all done properly as I can make out, after not sending any payment for the last 3 months. Can I, by making one months payment, render this Default Notice void or do I have to pay the full arrears? Any opinions please guys?

Thanks in advance

• 5 years later...

Hi Guys,

Received a claim form from these Jokers last month for a Barclaycard debt which would have been Statute Barred in July!!

I acknowledged and entered a defence that the debt was subject to a S78 request in June 2009 and as no satisfactory documentation was received, the debt could not be enforced.

Yesterday right hassle sent me what they say is a reconstituted version of my original agreement and that unless I cough up the full amount they will continue litigation.

Now this is the best bit, the card was originally from another Creditor who Barclaycard took over and the reconstituted agreement is pure Barclaycard with their current T&Cs.

The cream on the cake is the covering letter from BC that they sent with the agreement which states "we are currently unable to obtain a copy of your agreement you entered into. We accept that we are therefore prevented from enforcing our agreement with you"

Now, my question is should I point this out to them or wait until it gets to court and watch the fireworks or is there anything I should worry about?

Might be wise to disclose to Wright Hassle what Barclaycard have already put in writing i.e that they could not enforce because they did not have a CCA. You should also advise them that they cannot use a reconstituted version of the CCA to enforce in court, as the version is not even the correct one, as the account was originally with x company.

I am not sure Wright Hassle could enforce this debt, unless they were lucky getting a helpful Judge. I have seen a few threads on here where Judges have somehow agreed that the debt is enforceable without the original CCA for a pre April 2007 taken out CCA. This is obviously not correct, but not all Judges are that knowledgeable about the CCA and will believe a claimants Solicitors over a LiP.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread