Late protected deposit status closed with out tenant having any contact

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3674 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I posted a while back regarding a private tenancy issue relating to legal notice periods etc, not sure if I can post the link here so if anyone wants some background I am sure you can find it on my profile page.

OK so rather than update that thread as most of it is irrelevant now I thought Id start a new one with this latest issue.

LL did eventually protect deposit or so I believe, (I received a letter or prescribed info but I believe it has come direct from LL) Then LL sent official section 21 notice to quit with the 14th May 2014 on it so I was right all along, or should I say Mariner51 was right as I had the 15th May 2014 but what’s 24 hrs hey :oops:

I have found a new property and my tenancy begins tomorrow 28th April 2014 and had arranged to hand over keys to this LL tomorrow morning again 28th April 2014.

I have just been trying to figure out how I will get my deposit back from DPS bearing in mind that it was protected 1 year & 4 months late.

On the DPS’s search there is no record however when I type in my reference number and surname it brings up a screen that says account status closed?

I have no idea what this means as I have not received any monies, or further communications from the DPS.

Was the deposit never actually protected?

Where is the deposit now?

Can anyone give me an idea of whats going on as I am meeting with LL early & will have very little chance to speak to DPS prior to the meeting.

Many Thanks Again

As a post note I have just been back on DPS website & it looks to me like the LL have used their own e mail address in the tenant details section.

Does that mean they could have actioned all of this and closed the status themselves?

Also it is on the insured scheme or thats the info on the document I received.

Cheers

Contact scheme provider tomorrow by tel, whilst LL present if nec. Ask questions.

Ins based scheme means LL still has your deposit, covered by Ins policy.

You should have contacted scheme provider sooner than this.

Sounds like your only option now may be claim for deposit return, less allowed deductions, via SCC.

History link: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?418299-Urgent-help-needed-for-Private-Tenancy-Issue-thats-turned-very-ugly-very-quickly